PDA

View Full Version : Pacers have 2.7 m and 1.6 m exception, Jake Tsakalidis?

Unclebuck
07-27-2004, 10:22 AM
As you all know I am a subscriber to ESPN Insider.

According Chad Ford, Pacers have 2.7 million MLE left and the full 1.6 million exception left.

He says Pacers are still looking for a backup center. One name still available is Jake Tsakalidis. I think that would be a pretty good pickuo by the Pacers. he is a really big guy which is what so many of you want, if he would accept the 2.7 for a short term contract and be willing to come off the bench for maybe 15 minutes per game, I think he is better than Pollard.

Insider also said Jackson's contract that was approved by the league is 6 years 38 million.

MSA2CF
07-27-2004, 10:25 AM
Just say no.

Bball
07-27-2004, 10:44 AM
-snip-

He says Pacers are still looking for a backup center. One name still available is Jake Tsakalidis. -snip- I think he is better than Pollard.

I have no idea who Jake Tsakalidis is but being better than Pollard doesn't say much. :(

-Bball

Kegboy
07-27-2004, 10:57 AM
I think it is pretty foolhardy to think we're gonna sign another backup center when we've still got Pollard. I think any talks we're having are contingent on Scot being moved, first.

blanket
07-27-2004, 11:15 AM
The problem is he's a restricted free agent, and since Memphis is in such dire need for a center (going after Dampier, for example), I doubt they'd let Big jake go unless another team made a ridiculous offer. I don't think 2.7M is going to get it done for him.

As for Jackson's contract - that's bizarre. If he essentially signed for the MLE, then why didn't we just use the MLE on him and trade Harrington to Denver for draft picks? Is it because we knew we would use the MLE on Johnson and a backup big man?

bulletproof
07-27-2004, 11:16 AM
:lol2:

Slick Pinkham
07-27-2004, 11:16 AM
how about Toni Kukoc?

I know he's 36 and can't defend a lick, and more of a PF than a C, but as a situational "shooter off the bench" he could be alright. He's a smart player and a good passer, and I think he'd still be able to nail open jumpers.

waxman
07-27-2004, 12:42 PM
Didn't see too much of Jake last year...but he did play in Phx for a couple.... at that point he had alot of question marks..... questionable work ethic, didn't like alot of physical play inside...although his last season in Phx he played Shaq pretty well defensively....and he's a decent rebounder....

he really doesn't have much offensively to speak of....a little jump hook on the inside... he does have a decent stroke from 15' - 18' like most Euro bigs.... he has had back problems in the past..... I don't know if I'd offer 2.7mil to him....

I'd rather give Harrison any available minutes.

Hicks
07-27-2004, 01:42 PM

:confused:

Pig Nash
07-27-2004, 01:45 PM

:goponies:?

Suaveness
07-27-2004, 05:07 PM

:goponies:?

:boomer:

MSA2CF
07-28-2004, 10:56 AM

I'll take a stab at this one. I think he's laughing at the proposal of signing Jake.