PDA

View Full Version : Pacers-Bulls

Smoothdave1
05-01-2010, 12:05 PM
TJ Ford and 2nd rd pick for Hinrich

Why for Chicago? They grab a guy in Ford with a shorter deal and smaller contract who puts up comparable numbers to Hinrich and land a 2nd rd pick for roster depth. Bulls wait until after free agency before pulling the trigger to see how everything plays out.

Why for Indy? Pacers need a point and Hinrich seems to fit in with their needs. Plus, his contract is decreasing for the next few years.

Pacers roster:

Hinrich, Price, F/A/rook
Rush, Jones, F/A/rook
Granger, Dunleavy,
Murphy, Hansbrough, McRoberts
Roy, Jeff, Solo

MillerTime
05-01-2010, 01:10 PM
I think Hinrich has more value that Ford and 2nd rounder.

Let alone Hinrich's offensive numbers...hes a really good defender.

Smoothdave1
05-01-2010, 05:48 PM
The issue with Hinrich is that the Bulls will probably be over the luxury tax depending on what they do this summer. Therefore, a backup like Hinrich could cost them an extra 16 million in the summer of 2011.

MillerTime
05-02-2010, 11:53 AM
The issue with Hinrich is that the Bulls will probably be over the luxury tax depending on what they do this summer. Therefore, a backup like Hinrich could cost them an extra 16 million in the summer of 2011.

Hinrich isnt theyre back up...hes theyre starting SG. Hinrich also covers the opposing team's best offensive player (if its a gaurd)

Smoothdave1
05-04-2010, 10:30 PM
I think the Bulls will be able to land a better 2 this summer. Perhaps a guy like Joe Johnson. If that's the case, there's no need to keep a guy like Hinrich as a back-up for two more seasons. Therefore, it may make sense to pull the trigger on a deal.

funcity_pacers
05-10-2010, 11:15 AM

This is exactly the kind of small-scale deal the Pacers would be wise to make this summer. Forget blockbusters involving overrated veterans, I love the idea of swapping Ford for an under-utilized and under-appreciated guard like Hinrich.