PDA

View Full Version : Toronto

OakMoses
05-01-2010, 02:08 AM
Pacers get: Jose Calderon + #13 pick
Raptors get: TJ Ford + Tyler Hansbrough

Why?

Raptors:

Once Bosh leaves, the Raptors are screwed and essentially headed into rebuilding mode. Calderon's owed $30 million over the next 3 seasons. Shedding $10 million of that means that the Raptors could be players in the 2011 free agent market. They also get a popular young PF who fits well beside Bargnani.

Pacers:

The Pacers exchange TJ Ford for a decent veteran PG. While we lose some 2011 cap space, we still have plenty of money to play with. In exchange we get a 2nd pick in the late lottery. I could see us staying put and drafting Udoh/Patterson and Bledsoe or trying to package the two picks to move up for someone like Favors. Both sound great to me.

Smoothdave1
05-01-2010, 11:07 AM
No thanks. The pick in interesting, but not enough to justify taking on another few years of Calderon's expensive salary. Besides, Calderon has another 3 (not 2) years on his deal for about 29.2 million total.

If it were a deal involving Jack and filler for Ford, that would be more appealing to the Pacers, IMO.

Jack + Banks for Ford would work.

I'd rather try and trade TJ for a guy like Felton or someone comparable who can provide quality starter minutes.

MillerTime
05-01-2010, 01:10 PM
I wouldnt touch Calderon's contract. Its ridiculous...And hes one of the worst defensive PGs I have ever seen...plus hes really injury prone

OakMoses
05-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Besides, Calderon has another 3 (not 2) years on his deal for about 29.2 million total.

I think I was subtracting Ford's contract from Calderon's contract. Thanks for the catch.