PDA

View Full Version : you know you're a moron when Iverson is calling you out.....

Kstat
07-27-2004, 12:55 AM
excerpt from Iverson after team USA's practice:

On his own championship prospects at age 29, after eight seasons in the league and with the rebuilding Sixers:

"I definitely feel like it's coming. And I don't want a championship where I'm 35, 40 years old, take a pay cut and go play for the team that everybody in the media is saying is gonna win it. I don't want it that way. I don't want that championship. I want the championship where I'm the leader on the team. I don't have to be the facial figure of the team. I honestly want to play with another All-Star or that type of player, but ... I want it in Philadelphia, simple as that. All the stuff that I've been through, that place turned me from a young man to a grown man, and I'm not talking about all the good things."

Hoop
07-27-2004, 01:43 AM
I respect his loyalty for Philly and not wanting to just chase a ring, aka Malone.

He needs to work hard and set an example for his teams though, aka it's just practice.

Roaming Gnome
07-27-2004, 07:29 AM
Maybe he is growing up.... Nice comments!

Suaveness
07-27-2004, 09:42 AM
I have always had a TON of respect for Iverson. The man is the toughest player with his size, and his courage is amazing. I am glad to see he won't sell out like malone. Good for him.

Pig Nash
07-27-2004, 10:12 AM
:applaud: I don't know whether i hate or love this guy sometimes cuz he says stuff thats so true sometimes.

Snickers
07-27-2004, 11:40 AM
:applaud: I don't know whether i hate or love this guy sometimes cuz he says stuff thats so true sometimes.

Ditto. Living one town over from where he's from, I've come to be a bit of an Iverson fan. I've always liked his game [even defended his ball-hogging a few times, since after all he was the only offensive option]. A lot of the off-court crap is unnecessary, but knowing where he comes from, it's easier to understand.

Shade
07-27-2004, 01:00 PM
I've really tried to like AI, but everytime I start to tolerate him, he says/does something stupid.

In this instance, however, he's right on the money. Wonder if Karl will retaliate in the press like he did when Reggie called him out? :shrug:

efx
07-27-2004, 01:29 PM
What did Karl say about Reggie?

Bball
07-27-2004, 02:21 PM
What did Karl say about Reggie?

He said something to the effect that Reggie chose money in staying with the Pacers.

-Bball

Vicious Tyrant
07-27-2004, 02:41 PM
You guys are so right about the love/hate thing with Iverson. Just when you think you can justify thinking he's great/awful, he comes up with something to completely change your mind, regardless of what you think of him.

I guess people like that are needed to keep things lively.

ChicagoJ
07-27-2004, 02:58 PM
Congrats to Kstat for the correct use of you're in the thread title. :thumbup:

And I didn't realize my boss (vicious tyrant) was posting on here now. :devil:

Vicious Tyrant
07-27-2004, 03:59 PM
"And I didn't realize my boss (vicious tyrant) was posting on here now."

Ha! I only get to play a Tyrant in make-believe land. In real life, I'm a lackey of a shlub like anyone else.

ChicagoJ
07-27-2004, 04:04 PM
Just in case... I swear that's the only one of my 2,064 posts that I've ever made during daylight, Monday through Friday.

Suaveness
07-27-2004, 04:53 PM
Just in case... I swear that's the only one of my 2,064 posts that I've ever made during daylight, Monday through Friday.

So this would be the second? :devil:

dipperdunk
07-27-2004, 05:50 PM
Good job using the correct version of you're unlike that other fool who started a thread about a month ago. :laugh:

Iverson is definitely a unique player in terms of his personality. He has many traits like his competitiveness, passion, loyalty etc.,, that as a fan you love. Unfortunately, he also has some traits that are disruptive to the team like some of his actions last season. I agree with Vicious Tyrant there is definitely a love/hate thing with Iverson. If AI wants to end his career in Philly then this season he has to be on his best behavior because if he starts a feud with O'Brien it will be AI that is shown the door this time around. Billy King is giving him one last chance this season with a new coach.

ChicagoJ
07-27-2004, 05:56 PM

So this would be the second? :devil:

:jester:

MagicRat
07-27-2004, 11:06 PM

I'm going to be keeping a closer eye on you, Jay!

http://home.comcast.net/~pointyhairedboss/jaydilbert.jpg

:laugh:

ChicagoJ
07-28-2004, 12:18 PM

I'm going to be keeping a closer eye on you, Jay!

http://home.comcast.net/~pointyhairedboss/jaydilbert.jpg

:laugh:

:blush:

Vicious Tyrant
07-28-2004, 02:39 PM
Good job using the correct version of you're unlike that other fool who started a thread about a month ago. :laugh:

Iverson is definitely a unique player in terms of his personality. He has many traits like his competitiveness, passion, loyalty etc.,, that as a fan you love. Unfortunately, he also has some traits that are disruptive to the team like some of his actions last season. I agree with Vicious Tyrant there is definitely a love/hate thing with Iverson. If AI wants to end his career in Philly then this season he has to be on his best behavior because if he starts a feud with O'Brien it will be AI that is shown the door this time around. Billy King is giving him one last chance this season with a new coach.

You agree with me?

Gee thanks dipperdunk. When you're a new guy you just kind of assume no one is even paying attention to what you say.

Awww shucks....thanks for noticing :blush: