PDA

View Full Version : I had a dream we dealt with Nets

pwee31
04-27-2010, 10:03 AM
It was out of nowhere, but I had a dream that the Nets landed the #1 pick and drafted John Wall. Then in the dream we traded pick #10 and Troy Murphy to the Nets for Devin Harris and Yi Jianlian? The Nets then took Patrick Patterson at #10 to pair with John Wall.

Pacers trade: #10, Murphy
Pacers receive: Devin Harris, Yi

PG: Harris, Price Ford
SG: Rush, D.Jones
SF: Granger, Dunleavy
PF: Yi, Hansbrough, McRoberts
C: Hibbert, Foster, S.Jones

pacers74
04-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Doesn't sound to far off. New Jersey dif. has the cap space to eat Murphy for a year. If they land Wall, Harris will be on the trade block and we have been talked about as someone that could work with them. Yi is big, but would he be a ideal fit with Hibbert probably not, but we have nothing to lose. I wouldn't mind seeing if they could work out together. Yi has been rebounding better this year. He is also still really young at 22.
The only thing I don't like is McRoberts not really in the rotation.

MillerTime
04-27-2010, 08:33 PM
I wouldnt want Yi at all. I would rather keep Troy. At least Troy can rebound

pwee31
04-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Ehh it was just a random dream. I actually wouldn't mind the trade. Harris is a all-star like PG we could seriously use. Yi is a young PF who is only 22 years old (who really knows) Murph averaged 14 and 10. Yi average 12 and 7.

Murphy does shoot a better % by a lot, but Yi only has 2 years on the contract at 3 mil a year. He isn't a crutch for O'Brien , Not sure how his defense is... can't be much worse. Plus we get rid of Murphy and get Devin Harris

jeffg-body
04-28-2010, 12:16 AM
I like it but would rather skip getting Yi. I have not been too impressed with him myself.

Justin Tyme
04-28-2010, 07:33 AM
Not really interested in this trade. Substitute Ford for Murphy, and I'd be elated. Couldn't see NJ doing the trade tho.

pacergod2
04-28-2010, 03:20 PM
The Nets draft Wall. We trade for Devin Harris.

Devin Harris

for

TJ Ford
Tyler Hansborough
#40 pick in 2010

That is a solid package IMO for Harris, whose value will plummet once the Nets take Wall. Harris got traded WITH two late first rounders for an aging Jason Kidd. They get a solid young PF which is their biggest weakness. They get a great draft pick, because IMO 40 will be more like 20 to 25 this year with all the players coming out. They can use that to bolster their front court. They get TJ Ford to make salaries match and be a backup PG for a year. They would also have a ton of flexibility to still try to land a big free agent this summer. They would have money coming off the books the following year as well as saving $11M over the course of the contracts' durations (assuming they pick up Hansborough's two option years).

btowncolt
04-28-2010, 03:24 PM
I love this forum.

rexnom
04-29-2010, 07:36 PM
In a world where the Cavs picked up a 20/10 playoff guy for the 30th pick in the draft and an expiring contract, anything is possible.