PDA

View Full Version : All this trade talk is nonsense: Artest is one of the most important players in the league

Lord Helmet
07-26-2004, 02:17 PM
Yea Ronnie will continue to improve.Don't trade him!

SoupIsGood
07-26-2004, 02:38 PM
Ron Artest in my opinion, is one of the top 5-10 players in the NBA.

I stopped reading right there.:rolleyes:

pacersteve
07-26-2004, 02:44 PM
You are absolutely right. There are only a few players in the league as important to their team as Artest is to the Pacers at a relatively young stage of their careers. Garnett, Duncan, Bryant??

SoupIsGood
07-26-2004, 02:57 PM
Yeah that post was pretty dumb. I don't like artest because he is crazy, and his offense is pure ugliness, like he's forcing everything, he's hardly a natural scorer.

Implying peoople think of Artest as a black slave and Bird a a white master is insane.

Hicks
07-26-2004, 03:11 PM
why are all of you Artest haters...i think it's because a lot of people here live in Indiana and don't like the mentality of a black man speaking out and not obeying his white master like all the other "black players" generally do...there is a mindset in not all, but a lot of Indiana fans mentality...

I would like to nominate the above post for "Dumbest Post of the Year". Thank you.

Seconded.

MSA2CF
07-26-2004, 03:22 PM
i think it's because a lot of people here live in Indiana and don't like the mentality of a black man speaking out and not obeying his white master like all the other "black players" generally do...there is a mindset in not all, but a lot of Indiana fans mentality...

I don't agree, and I am unsure how, or even why, you would think this about Hoosiers & fellow Pacers fans. :therock: (Don't you live in California?)

RimBender
07-26-2004, 03:35 PM
why are all of you Artest haters...i think it's because a lot of people here live in Indiana and don't like the mentality of a black man speaking out and not obeying his white master like all the other "black players" generally do...there is a mindset in not all, but a lot of Indiana fans mentality...

What? :shakehead:

Outsider
07-26-2004, 03:40 PM

Is this Sassan from Indystar banned-ville? If so, this make a lot more sence...if not, why ruin a decent (at least basketball related post) with this line of crap?

outsider

Suaveness
07-26-2004, 03:44 PM
Yeah that post was pretty dumb. I don't like artest because he is crazy, and his offense is pure ugliness, like he's forcing everything, he's hardly a natural scorer.

Implying peoople think of Artest as a black slave and Bird a a white master is insane.

Artest is not crazy, and his offense is not ugly.

Mourning
07-26-2004, 03:56 PM

That he has an ugly style of playing and is part of the reason he should be traded is a pretty stupid argument to me too, if he plays ugly at all, which I dont aggree with, than atleast for sure it seems still awfully effective.

Regards,

Mourning:cool:

Hicks
07-26-2004, 04:08 PM
True, if we simply got rid of Artest, we wouldn't make the conference.

But guess what. We won't be dumping him in the trash. We'll be getting a good player back.

Outsider
07-26-2004, 04:14 PM
Artest has a unique style and I love it. Some call it ugly...but I call it beauty because it is different than everyone else and works so well. I LOVE RONNIE, he is the M.V.P. of this team alongside J.O. Without Ronnie we cannot even get past the conference finals.

Just checking (because I am a Artest fan) but did we get past the conference finals WITH him? Isn't that the point of the argument on the other side of the fence?

All I can say is that the years have had little affect on you...and that is a bad thing.....

Mourning
07-26-2004, 04:21 PM
Well "good" is a subjective view projected on a player, Hicks, I dont think we will be getting a VERY good player back for him, like Pierce (whom I dont see as a good fit for this team btw, but different view, I guess;)) .

The very good players we could get for him I dont want (Peja) or I dont think management is willing to pay for (Marion).

That leaves us with players in my view below that such as Rashard Lewis, SAR or Andre Miller (just to give you an idea of the quality I think we would be getting back) and that idea.... I DO NOT LIKE, ceetainly if you add up Artests "friendly" contract and the years remaining the word "rape" comes to mind. Mine anyways, but I might be one of the few, because the league of "Artest is no good" and "Artest screwed our championship run this year" seem to increasing by the day here (and for the record, Hicks, I don't count you in that category).

Regards,

Roaming Gnome
07-26-2004, 05:12 PM
Ya know...Sassan's first post on this thread was actually ok...I almost forgot it was him. Then the racial comment he mad reminded me of the 12 year old that use to post on IS and never grew up over the years.

I don't like to tell people how to post, but Sassan...Your comments are very embarrassing to me not only being a Hoosier, but just being a member of the human race in general!

GROW UP, before you come to the adult table!

SoupIsGood
07-26-2004, 05:23 PM

That he has an ugly style of playing and is part of the reason he should be traded is a pretty stupid argument to me too, if he plays ugly at all, which I dont aggree with, than atleast for sure it seems still awfully effective.

Regards,

I never said Ron should be traded because of that, I simply said I don't like his style of play. The only reason I think Ron should ever be traded is if he really is a problem behind the scenes, and has worn out his welcome here. I think he probably has.

SoupIsGood
07-26-2004, 05:29 PM
One thing about me, I don't care about people criticizing me just like Ron Artest doesn't give a ***** about what anyone says...he just gets the job done. I will say how I feel, and I do not believe it is the majority of Indiana Pacer fans but Indiana is not exactly known for being the most diverse state; and I am sure there are a lot of Hoosier fans who feel threatened Ron Artest is a black man who is a "THUG"....he came from the streets....he raps (we all know how much Hoosiers hate Rappers and how they are street thugs and no good)....and Ron is not obedient like a lot of other Pacer players and always gives a mouthful of how he feels...and i'm sure because of this it threatens a lot of Hoosier fans who may not admit they are racist or have racist feelings, but deep down they feel uncomfortable of this "thug" being on their basketball team.

Man, you are really stupid.

Speaking of stupid, Stephen A. Smith is on PTI. :laugh:

MSA2CF
07-26-2004, 05:38 PM
One thing about me, I don't care about people criticizing me just like Ron Artest doesn't give a ***** about what anyone says...he just gets the job done. I will say how I feel, and I do not believe it is the majority of Indiana Pacer fans but Indiana is not exactly known for being the most diverse state; and I am sure there are a lot of Hoosier fans who feel threatened Ron Artest is a black man who is a "THUG"....he came from the streets....he raps (we all know how much Hoosiers hate Rappers and how they are street thugs and no good)....and Ron is not obedient like a lot of other Pacer players and always gives a mouthful of how he feels...and i'm sure because of this it threatens a lot of Hoosier fans who may not admit they are racist or have racist feelings, but deep down they feel uncomfortable of this "thug" being on their basketball team.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. "We all know how much Hoosiers hate Rappers and how they are street thugs and no good." Excuse me? :omg: Obedient? :omg: You sure are sure of some things that you don't know much of anything about. Maybe keeping these type of comments to yourself would be best.

SoupIsGood
07-26-2004, 05:45 PM
"We all know how much Hoosiers hate Rappers and how they are street thugs and no good." This doesn't imply a minority, unless Hoosiers are somehow a minority in Indiana. :laugh:

MSA2CF
07-26-2004, 05:49 PM
I would think a majority of Hoosiers hate rap music and think rappers are all street thugs...and well that is what Ronnie is, isn't he?

A lot of Hoosiers may not even know who Ron Artest is, let alone know that he does some rapping. I am confident that most who think of Ron Artest think of him as a basketball player, not a rapper.

ChicagoJ
07-26-2004, 06:10 PM
Cool. I'm going to expiriment with the ignore feature.

Hoop
07-26-2004, 06:27 PM
http://img31.photobucket.com/albums/v94/Hooping/SurveySaysSTFU.jpg

Suaveness
07-26-2004, 07:05 PM
:laugh:

Ultimate Frisbee
07-26-2004, 07:12 PM
I really like Artest (he is my favorite player) and I'm from Indiana and I'm white.

Ultimate Frisbee
07-26-2004, 07:34 PM
I really like Artest (he is my favorite player) and I'm from Indiana and I'm white.

My friend. I never said EVERYONE thinks like that! I said there is a strong minority who thinks like that, and that's why they don't want Ron Artest to stay in Indiana....not neccessarily because of his rate but his "THUG MENTALITY"....I believe that is true for a lot of people. Ronnie is a thug and I love it.

It does seem that a lot of people have started to dislike Ron's mentality... I think it all evens out... you have some bad and some good...

ABADays
07-26-2004, 07:36 PM
What would not liking Rap have to do with liking or not liking Artest? Am I missing something here? Do I have to like Rap if I like Artest?

Roaming Gnome
07-26-2004, 08:01 PM
Sassan...Can you please explain the "obediance" part to me, because as many times as I read your response, "Ron is not obedient like a lot of other Pacer players and always gives a mouthful of how he feels"? If you don't know, I'm black and am having a hell of a time trying to figure your statement out.

What do you think Ron does that makes him not as "obedient"? I know when he broke the camera in New York...he appologized ad nausium. The situation in Miami.....Yet again, appology city. Lobbing the bird....more appologies and a promise not to do it again. If he didn't care, why does he appologize? Don't tell me that the orginization made him...because if he was truly against the establishment...He would tell the Pacers Brass to go to hell.

If Ron truly was an A-hole (Thug), how come most of the local media always claim that he is one of the more good-natured ppl that you could talk to and comes across as a decent human being. That even comes from Mark Patrick...one of Ron's biggest critics, locally. Even Larry Bird and Rick Carlisle when they arrived here said as much.

Ron doesn't even see himself as a thug, I know I sure dont! Loose canon, yes...Thug, nah.

PacerMan
07-26-2004, 09:21 PM

I would like to nominate the above post for "Dumbest Post of the Year". Thank you.

Seconded. :rolleyes:
Oops, see that its already been seconded.
Motion is carried. ;)

Outsider
07-26-2004, 09:23 PM

First off, you have NEVER met Artest. I don't mean got your picture taken with him (which I know you sometimes do), but actually talked to him. I have had the opportunity on several occations to do just that, and you will not find a person farther from "Thug".

Ironically, you are guilty of the exact thing you are trying to condemn. You are stereotyping Ron Artest based on him being a "Rapper". He did not "come from the streets" as you say. He had a great education - was New York High School Player of the Year - McDonalds All-American. He went to St. Johns and Majored in Math (not Physical Ed or other "athlete" major). If anything, he had more of a "traditional" upbringing than most other NBA players. And other that on the court, He is not a THUG (again a stereotype of "rapper").

It is sad that you have to resort to making up crap to make a point which shouldn't have been made anyway.....

MSA2CF
07-26-2004, 11:26 PM
edit: Nevermind. :rolleyes:

MSA2CF
07-26-2004, 11:49 PM
Your comments regarding Hoosiers are offensive to me, XxSaSsXx31.

I'm not seeing how you are so enthralled with Ronnie as a person. Why do you say that? Besides what you have seen in post-game interviews and such, what has led you to believe he's such a good guy? I'm not saying that he is a bad person at all, but I believe I saw a bit of something on ESPN about how we, John Q. Public, really do not know athletes well at all. It's all based on what the media shows/gives us. Just wondering, XxSaSsXx31.

Hicks
07-27-2004, 12:20 AM
This has been open enough.

Bball
07-27-2004, 12:21 AM
Racism/bigotry is a strange thing. Many times the accuser needs to look in a mirror and listen closely as they speak.....

-Bball

Roaming Gnome
07-27-2004, 12:26 AM
Sassan...Can you please explain the "obediance" part to me, because as many times as I read your response, "Ron is not obedient like a lot of other Pacer players and always gives a mouthful of how he feels"? If you don't know, I'm black and am having a hell of a time trying to figure your statement out.

What do you think Ron does that makes him not as "obedient"? I know when he broke the camera in New York...he appologized ad nausium. The situation in Miami.....Yet again, appology city. Lobbing the bird....more appologies and a promise not to do it again. If he didn't care, why does he appologize? Don't tell me that the orginization made him...because if he was truly against the establishment...He would tell the Pacers Brass to go to hell.

If Ron truly was an A-hole (Thug), how come most of the local media always claim that he is one of the more good-natured ppl that you could talk to and comes across as a decent human being. That even comes from Mark Patrick...one of Ron's biggest critics, locally. Even Larry Bird and Rick Carlisle when they arrived here said as much.

Ron doesn't even see himself as a thug, I know I sure dont! Loose canon, yes...Thug, nah.

Roaming, you don't understand the point I am trying to make. I know Ron has a great heart and is a great person. Why do you think I love him. Of course he can't control his anger all the time...but the point I am trying to make it Ron came from the streets and his "thug" persona is what appears in the media and appears to many Pacer fans. He is an amazing person and I got great love for him. I know he is not a street thug or a gangster, but his personality is different than many other NBA Players and his persona is what causes some Hoosiers not to like him. Why else would you not love the guy?? Ronnie is one of the best players in the league. He has the best defense in the NBA and has great offense and can only improve....and so many people want to ship him off for the likes of Dunleavy or some other players who will not provide to us what Ronnie does. The point I was trying to make was for people to understand some of these characteristics do exist among some people and even they may not know it...but deep down they see someone like Ron Artest and it boils their bubbles.

Thanks for wasting my time by skating around the question I asked you! I know that reading comprehension is not one of your better skills, but I'm not asking you why you like Ron Artest...Hell, I love the guys game and has stated as such on this forum many times and don't want him traded.

WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS...

Turn off your ESPN and start watching the games... Thug...Give me a #ucking break!!!!