Hoop
Mr. Oven Cover
wickedstick
Roaming Gnome
Pacerwaala
Sycamore Ken
Dr Huxtable Md.
Btowncolt

I need to have each of you check in with be before Friday at noon, Indianapolis time. If I do not hear from you before then, you will be dropped from the game.

I want to make 100% certain that you still are in & ready to go for the start of the draft on Sunday August 1st.

Here is the final version of the rules.......

1. You will draft a 10 player roster of any basketball player you desire. Any player that has ever played the game is eligible. Living or dead, played in the past or is playing now.

2. The start of the game will be August 1st & it will run until it is finished. That means we arn't rushing to get this wrapped up in 2 or 3 weeks. If it takes until the end of September, so be it.

3. The size of the draft will be 16 teams.

4. The draft order will be determined by me. It will be done by a blind drawing.

5. No delay of game & no *****ing. Just like in the NBA, I don't want to deal with either one. If you want to play, make sure you are ready when your turn comes up. If your playing & someone is a little slow in making a selection, I'll deal with it. I don't wanna hear any whinning!

6. It's your team, draft who ya like. If you want to draft 10 small forwards go ahead. I would prefer a more balanced team & you might look a little foolish without a hall of fame center & an all star point guard, but hey, who am I to judge?

7. Players may only be selected once. This is an all time NBA draft, not everyone can have Wilt on thier roster.

8. Following the draft we will have a single elimination tournament. This tournament will be on "What if Sports", I'll have a link for it at a later date.

9. Before the tournament starts you will need to decide what year's stats each of your players will use. You don't need to decide at the time of the draft, but you will need to know before the tourney begins.

10. Draft order. I'll have the offical list up later today but this is how it will be set up.....

If you have the first pick in the draft then you will have the last pick in the 2nd round. If you have the last pick in rounf 1 then you will have the first pick in round 2. T

Everyother round is opposite of the one before it.

Like I said, I'll have the draft order sometime today.

I'm sure I've forgotten something important, but if it was really important I would have remembered it! ;)

Roaming Gnome
07-25-2004, 11:12 AM
Count me in!!! I'm ready to go. :speedometer:

Jose Slaughter
07-25-2004, 11:48 AM
OK I have the drafting order.

The first pick in the 2004 Drafting Game goes to......

Roaming Gnome!

Here is the complete first round list.

1. Roaming Gnome

2. Burnzone

3. Louisville Lip

4. Sycamore Ken

5. Btowncolt

6. Dr. Huxtable MD

7. Mr. Oven Cover

8. MSA2CF

9. Able

10. Skipper Z

11. Hicks

12. Hoop

13. Pacerwaala

14. Dipperdunk

15. JONeal 7

16. Wickedstick

Remember the 2nd round is just the opposite of this one. Wickedstick will have the first selection in round 2, followed by JONeal 7, Dipperdunk, Pacerwaala etc.

Thanks & good luck

MSA2CF
07-25-2004, 11:51 AM
I've been working on my wishlist most of this morning; I'm almost ready! Count me in.

edit: I'm right in the middle, great. :cool:

Roaming Gnome
07-25-2004, 12:06 PM
Damn, I need to buy a lottery ticket!!!

1st Pick :o :rockon2::thumbup::rockon4:

LouisvilleLip
07-25-2004, 12:29 PM
Number 3 aint too bad

dipperdunk
07-25-2004, 12:37 PM
:wave:

Hicks
07-25-2004, 12:41 PM
11. Hmm.

Yeah, I'm still in. :angel:

SycamoreKen
07-26-2004, 09:35 AM
I'm still in. Number 4 pick isn't bad at all.

Jose Slaughter
07-26-2004, 10:36 AM
Thanks Btown, I think we are gonna be short at least 3. That's why I gave everyone until Friday to check in. If I don't hear from them by then, they're gone.

Anyone else care to be an alternate?

Gyron
07-26-2004, 11:58 AM
Guys, things just picked up REALLY heavy at work. I don't think I'm gonna be able to do this one.

sorry:(

burnzone
07-26-2004, 12:25 PM
I'm ready to go, so count me in.

Jose Slaughter
07-26-2004, 02:53 PM
Welcome to our little game Btowncolt.

Those names in bold are the players that have checked in.

1. Roaming Gnome

2. Burnzone

3. Louisville Lip

4. Sycamore Ken

5. Btowncolt

6. Dr. Huxtable MD

7. Mr. Oven Cover

8. MSA2CF

9. Able

10. Skipper Z

11. Hicks

12. Hoop

13. Pacerwaala

14. Dipperdunk

15. JONeal 7

16. Wickedstick

SkipperZ
07-26-2004, 02:59 PM
checkin in

SkipperZ
07-26-2004, 03:01 PM
I'M TAKING VINNY DEL NEGRO FIRST AND NO ONE CAN STOP ME!

:evillaugh:

au contraire there are 4 people that CAN stop you...

CMON guys one of you step up to the plate and take Vin!!!:devil:

MSA2CF
07-26-2004, 03:11 PM
I have a list of 87 players I'm shooting for. I hope you guys leave me with a couple good ones. :(

Kstat
07-26-2004, 03:17 PM
I wonder where Jimmy Chitwood will be taken....cause you KNOW its going to happen.....

Wish I could have participated, but I'm going to be out of town Sunday.

able
07-26-2004, 03:58 PM
Hmm 9th, weird number, 8 in one, 9 in the other :)

anyway, I am checking in, however one needs not ask :) this is my home away from home, my life outside work, pub, girlfriend, her girlfriend and the lassies working for my clients.
Of course the new love of my life (a '79 Daimler XJ6 S3 4.2) needs some attention to :D

Jose, are you gonna be anything like THE MAN himself? how many shares in the team for a rise on draft order by reason of misaken draft ??

:D

hey, never hurts to try :)

SycamoreKen
07-26-2004, 04:04 PM
I'M TAKING VINNY DEL NEGRO FIRST AND NO ONE CAN STOP ME!

:evillaugh:

Vinny/Bird

Vinny/Duncan

Vinny/Magic

Vinny/Russell

Vinny/anyone

It will be hard to let him go by. I may have to take Carl Nicks though.

Can we draft the same person as player and coach?

SkipperZ
07-27-2004, 04:02 PM
Let's make each round a big first come first serve grabbag of crazy fun. CHAOS! Im grabbing Mehmet Okur, so that makes...

1. Roaming Gnome
2. Burnzone
3. Louisville Lip
4. Sycamore Ken
5. Btowncolt - Vinny Del Negro
6. Dr. Huxtable MD
7. Mr. Oven Cover
8. MSA2CF
9. Able
10. Skipper Z - Mehmet Okur
11. Hicks
12. Hoop
13. Pacerwaala
14. Dipperdunk
15. JONeal 7
16. Wickedstick

SycamoreKen
07-27-2004, 04:12 PM
Jose,

I have a couple questions about the What If sports site. I registered and found the stuff very interesting. They didn't have the 78-79 Bird Sycamores though.

Anyway, to my questions. First, will we have to pay the $10 to have a league? Second, will there be a salary cap, $72 million being the highest I saw listed?

The $10 is no problem for me, but the salary cap will make drafting interesting and needs to be taken into account if there is one. Players such as Wilt and Bird have hefty prices on their best seasons.

Hicks
07-27-2004, 04:20 PM
I can't pay either.

burnzone
07-27-2004, 05:23 PM
If you register for free, you can create one 'favorite' NBA team, of any 10 players.

I figured we would all create aour 10 man teams from the players we select in the draft, then when you register on whatifsports.com, go to 'my favorite teams' - NBA Basketball - Build Your Own NBA Team.

Then, when logged in, we can 'simulate' games between our created teams, and do it bracket-style on paper, or whatever Jose Slaughter wants to do with that part of it.

I didn't anticipate any of us having to pay anything to do this, just have our draft, and a list of what players were officially selected where. Then pit or 10 man teams against each other tournament style, or something.

Roaming Gnome
07-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Is there anyway we can do best of 3 or 5 instead of single elimination because from past experiments on WhatIfSports...My Goliath teams have been slained by pretty lousy teams say once in about 10 games. They also have designations for Home and Visitor teams and I'm pretty sure that takes some things into account.

Also, is there a drafting clock? 24 to 36 hours seems fair to me since most of the people on the list are here every day.

Just my :twocents: , nothing critical....

Jose Slaughter
07-27-2004, 08:15 PM
I havn't gotten into the What if Sports site as much as I should have yet, so I'll bow to Burnzone on this one.

As for the time limit..... I think we can start with a 24 hours window. However, if you exceed that 24 hour period one time I think I'll put you on a 12 hours double secrete probation window.

It's not like you'll need to be on here every 6 hours making a pick. I think most of us can pop on here for a few moments a couple times a day. I would be surprised if anyone takes longer than 12 hours for any of their selections.

Gnome, I'd kindda like to stay with the single elimination tourney.

Here's an update on the players that have checked in.

1. Roaming Gnome

2. Burnzone

3. Louisville Lip

4. Sycamore Ken

5. Btowncolt

6. Dr. Huxtable MD

7. Mr. Oven Cover

8. MSA2CF

9. Able

10. Skipper Z

11. Hicks

12. Hoop

13. Pacerwaala

14. Dipperdunk

15. JONeal 7

16. Wickedstick

JOneal7
07-27-2004, 08:58 PM
check check! 1-2 Yeah! yo...
I'm here....still wandering...
And in the game!
I hope i get a good team!

SycamoreKen
07-27-2004, 11:32 PM
That sounds good burn. I had not found that feature. One thing to pass along when formulating your list, the site has spots for 2 centers, 4 guards, and 4 forwards. You have to fill the spots this way, so no having 10 centers or guards.:grumble:

Jose Slaughter
07-28-2004, 08:03 PM
Those listed in bold are the ones that are in the game.

Here's an update on the players that have checked in.

1. Roaming Gnome

2. Burnzone

3. Louisville Lip

4. Sycamore Ken

5. Btowncolt

6. Dr. Huxtable MD

7. Mr. Oven Cover

8. MSA2CF

9. Able

10. Skipper Z

11. Hicks

12. Hoop

13. Pacerwaala

14. Dipperdunk

15. JONeal 7

16. Wickedstick

Hoop
07-28-2004, 08:20 PM
Checking in. :innocent:

Jose Slaughter
07-30-2004, 01:40 AM
bump

JOneal7
07-30-2004, 03:07 AM
we gotta sign up 2 some stupid site? bah!
im selecting derrick mckey with my first pick. if you take him, ill kill you

Dr Huxtable
07-30-2004, 03:21 AM
Count me in.

MSA2CF
07-30-2004, 11:07 AM
we gotta sign up 2 some stupid site? bah!
im selecting derrick mckey with my first pick. if you take him, ill kill you

It only takes a few minutes. I don't think anyone is "smart" enough to select Derrick with their first pick. ;)