PDA

View Full Version : NO

pacergod2
04-12-2010, 03:25 PM
I know this has been brought up before by many of us wishful thinkers, but I will throw it out there in a little different format this time.

Chris Paul

for

Troy Murphy
Brandon Rush
2010 #10 Overall
$3M in cash because NO is always asking for liquidity in deals

May be a pipe dream, but Murphy would compliment their front court for a year. Brandon would fill their severe need at SG and they would hand the reins over to Darren Collison. They could take best available at #10 and #12 (say G. Monroe/C. Aldrich and X. Henry) or package those two picks to move up for a better player. Maybe an Aminu or Johnson that could fill in on the wings long-term.

jeffg-body
04-12-2010, 04:14 PM
I would love it myself but I have to agree with the pipe dream theory.

MillerTime
04-13-2010, 07:21 AM
look good but NO would never do it. They could get more in return from another team

Manguera
04-22-2010, 01:06 PM
NO is way over the cap next year so they may be looking to unload a big contract for expirings/savings. Something like CP3 for TJ/Rush/Solo or McBob, swap picks this year + cash to cover the pick, future lotto-protected 1st.

They know Collison can be their PG and this will give them a vet backup/spot starter for a year. They also get a young wing that plays great D with a growing offensive potential. We throw in Solo or McBob to cover salaries. They get this year's 1st rounder paid for plus a future 1st.

We get a top-tier PG and use their pick to get Udoh/Monroe/Patterson/Henry/Vesely.

wintermute
05-07-2010, 02:51 PM
i think the hornets would look to get more than that for chris paul.

here's what i think it would take to pry paul from them:

paul + okafor for granger + murphy + #10

we take on okafor's contract, and offer them an all-star in granger and an expiring contract in murphy. even then, i think the hornets may refuse.

btw, manguera, re swapping picks with hornets this year, they're at #11, just one behind us ;) not much value in swapping