PDA

View Full Version : Rumors add up to? (More Memphis talk)

Outsider
07-23-2004, 04:27 PM
I have been reading alot lately about how Larry is Down on Artest (supposedly) and for this reason or another he is going to be traded. So one would think we would need a SF in return.... hmm... what if the SF is already in the nest in S. Jackson? Then we would have to get another SG, right? Well, that brings into play the rumor (from someone's girlfriend's dogwalker's third cousin who happened to cut the grass of one Mrs. Wells) that Bonzi is coming back to Indiana. So, here you go:

Ron Artest and Austin Croshere for Bonzi Wells and Lorenzen Wright

I know that West would love Artest and his Defense. Austin and Brian Cardinal would just have a hayday in overpay heaven.

Pacers get O'neal's tok'n buddy in Bonzi and we get a serviceable center. Foster could slide over a play a little bit of PF when needed (such as when there is a slight breeze in the fieldhouse and Bender is force to his seat to avoid getting blown over and hurt).

Thoughts?

Outsider

Oh, and personally I want to keep Artest and go with the team pretty much as we have it.....My Artest and Tinsley signed jerseys just look too nice together to force a breakup (and yes, I planned ahead and got B. Miller's autograph on a Purdue jersey, not pacers, since I just knew he wasn't here forever....*L*)

Hicks
07-23-2004, 04:34 PM
Memphis wants Damp because they want a big bulky center.

We seem to do well with atheltic freaks, so why not add that kind of C to the mold.

Unclebuck
07-23-2004, 04:42 PM
Wright plays like he is 6'8". No thanks. I would rather have Foster play center than the injury prone Wright.

RimBender
07-23-2004, 04:45 PM
Artest and Cro for Wells and Wright??

.................................................. :rolleyes:

beast23
07-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Wright plays like he is 6'8". No thanks. I would rather have Foster play center than the injury prone Wright.

Agreed.

And quite frankly, I want no part of Bonzi. He's a very good offensive player, but there are just too many stories about how disruptive he can be.

At least with Artest, we have something that we are familiar with. Bonzi might bring a whole new set of problems.... maybe worse problems. How do we know?

I can't believe at this time that Harrison and Pollard will get much playing time. And with a primary rotation up front of JO, Jeff and Austin, it already appears that we will need to ADD another frontcourt player, and not just exchange one-for-one. Unless Bender will play maybe 8-10 minutes a game at PF as well as his time at SF.

And, quite frankly.... Wright plus Wells does not equal Artest, let alone Artest plus Croshere.

indygeezer
07-23-2004, 05:02 PM
IIRC there was a time when it was rumored that DW was trying to land Lo Wright. I think he settled for a kid named ONeal instead.

Ultimate Frisbee
07-23-2004, 05:04 PM
Any word on Stromile Swift or Pao Gasol?

I think that Wells is a decent player, but not really the Allstar we need to replace Ron. If we could get Gasol, then I think the trade would be fair/would benefit us. Also, I think that Posey is a better replacement for Artest than Wells is... The possibilities are endless however with as many players as both of our teams have signed already...

This trade works, but I doubt Memphis would consider it...

Indiana trades:
PF Austin Croshere
SF Ron Artest
C Scot Pollard

Indiana receives:
SG Bonzi Wells
C Lorenzen Wright
PF Pau Gasol

Memphis trades:
SG Bonzi Wells
C Lorenzen Wright
PF Pau Gasol

Memphis receives:
PF Austin Croshere
SF Ron Artest
C Scot Pollard

TRADE ACCEPTED

RimBender
07-23-2004, 05:14 PM
Offense is easy to replace, I mean look how many players play tons of Offense and barely try on defense, i.e. T-Mac.

Ron is reigning DPOTY and I would rather have his defense then Bonzi's offense. Yes, I know Bonzi has been known tos hut down some opponents, like a Kobe every once in awhile, but he is no where near Ron on D.

Kstat
07-23-2004, 05:38 PM
Memphis refused to trade Gasol for Shaq, no way in hell they trade him for artest.

Bonzi, Posey, Swift or Mike Miller are the msot likely candidates. Gasol isnt going anywhere.

Ultimate Frisbee
07-23-2004, 07:56 PM
Memphis refused to trade Gasol for Shaq, no way in hell they trade him for artest.

Bonzi, Posey, Swift or Mike Miller are the msot likely candidates. Gasol isnt going anywhere.

Yeah... No way it'll happen, just suggesting that it is closer to fair than us getting Bonzi and Wright (neither of whom are particularly young or have great contracts or upsides).

Memphis is ridiculous about trading players (hence potentially having 18 players under contract next season)...

Detlef 11
07-23-2004, 07:56 PM
I hate to add speculation to this rumor, but after game one E.C.F's., I did see J.O. and Bonzi downtown together after the game. So its obvious that there still buddies and there's the possibility that J.O. has been lobbying for Bonzi in Indy with LB and DW. Personally I like Bonzi, but I'm not sure I'd be willing to trade Artest for him.

Anthem
07-23-2004, 08:04 PM
If we're dumping Ron for not being a team player, we had better not go and get Bonzi.

Kstat
07-23-2004, 08:06 PM
of all the guys to trade artest for........

put it this way, we drafted Bonzi #10 in the draft and GAVE him to portland 2 weeks later for a late 2nd rounder.....and I havent regretted it for one second.

Roaming Gnome
07-23-2004, 08:15 PM
I have heard that Bonzi's a bad apple since the day he was drafted by Detroit, but never heard anything specific. Besides just being a general Grade A *******, what specifically has he done?

Don't get me wrong...I have heard enough of this guy being an *** that I believe it, but I have never heard of any specifics.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

RimBender
07-23-2004, 08:18 PM
I think Larry would love to have M&M in a Pacer's uni.

I wouldn't trade Ron witout Gasol coming in return.

Bball
07-23-2004, 08:25 PM

Ask someone to loan you their blue and gold glasses... that way you can see that Shaq is old, fat, out of shape, washed up and overpaid and that Artest is a championship caliber, team leading perennial all-star ;)

-Bball :P

Unclebuck
07-23-2004, 11:42 PM
I have heard that Bonzi's a bad apple since the day he was drafted by Detroit, but never heard anything specific. Besides just being a general Grade A *******, what specifically has he done?

Don't get me wrong...I have heard enough of this guy being an *** that I believe it, but I have never heard of any specifics.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

He said some very unkind things towards the Portland fans while he was on the Blazers. You can never get into a verbal battle with the fans. Bonzi was also known to be uncooperative with the media. He has had a few arguments with coaches, selfish play. Nothing too bad in any one area, but add it all up and he has some issues

Kstat
07-23-2004, 11:43 PM
and his comment towards the mavs was that they were a bunch of "soft-*** white boys".......

Ultimate Frisbee
07-23-2004, 11:47 PM
and his comment towards the mavs was that they were a bunch of "soft-*** white boys".......

Well... they are!

Kstat
07-23-2004, 11:50 PM
problem with that is: they beat portland in that series.

Hicks
07-23-2004, 11:51 PM
Every time I start to entertain the thought of Bonzi here, I remember that he has a "problem" with white people. Don't want him.

Kstat
07-23-2004, 11:53 PM
Every time I start to entertain the thought of Bonzi here, I remember that he has a "problem" with white people. Don't want him.

.......and the fact he's a bellow ball st alum, and the second something went wrong everyone would blame you.......:rolleyes:

Hicks
07-24-2004, 12:00 AM
heh

I'd just blame it on Chauncey.

:D

Anthem
07-24-2004, 12:19 AM
Wasn't he the one that spit on Ferry?

indygeezer
07-24-2004, 12:25 AM
It was with Bonzi that Sheed discovered the fun of tossing the bball off his teammates back and running off giggleing like a couple of 2nd graders. That's 1...then the comments about the players above and weren't there some comments about the Portland fans too?????

Can't remember distinctly but seems there was.

Lord Helmet
07-24-2004, 12:28 AM
Ron for Bonzi? :suicide: