PDA

View Full Version : Donnie Walsh to the Mavs????

indygeezer
07-23-2004, 01:30 PM
Did DW take a new job???? This from REALGM

Talk between the Philadelphia 76ers and the Dallas Mavericks about Antoine Walker just wont die according to Marc Narducci of the Philadelphia Inquirer, with any potential deal sending Glenn Robinson and another Sixer back in return.

According to the report Dallas asked the Sixers for Willie Green, Kyle Korver or Samuel Dalembert in addition to Robinson and that seemed to end the discussion.

While Walker's name continually appears in rumors - New York being one well mentioned destination - Mavericks president of basketball operations Donnie Walsh maintains that he is content to keep Walker on his active roster for the upcoming season.

Dukins
07-23-2004, 01:32 PM
I saw that on real gm. I had to do a double take to make sure my eyes didnt deceive me. Pretty funny.:o:laugh:

Outsider
07-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Sure should make it alot easier to get a trade done.... hmm....

now, who to make a Pacer????? :)

indygeezer
07-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Mark Cuban of course!!!

or

Pat Croce

or

Spike Lee

MSA2CF
07-23-2004, 02:03 PM
I really liked Pat Groce, but now he's moved on to analyzing Slamball. :whoknows:

indygeezer
07-23-2004, 02:09 PM
Never seen Slamball...sounds like something I'd like to miss.

MSA2CF
07-23-2004, 02:14 PM
Never seen Slamball...sounds like something I'd like to miss.

It's like a cross between football/basketball with trampolines. :disturbed:

http://slamball.warnerbros.com/

ChicagoJ
07-23-2004, 02:16 PM
Although Donnie Nelson would be an okay replacement if we had to lose DW to the Mavs, its still a downgrade.

:p

indygeezer
07-23-2004, 02:19 PM
Oh I HAVE seen that! Ok...for about 2 minutes.

but that's what Mrs. G says too

SkipperZ
07-23-2004, 02:52 PM
haha slamball is hilarious... the vast stupidity of it and the fact that they try to pawn it off as a real sport is what makes it fun to watch.

I think its very entertaining. Me and my friends watch whenever we catch it and pretty much laugh throughout the entire game...

Will Galen
07-23-2004, 03:58 PM
haha slamball is hilarious... the vast stupidity of it and the fact that they try to pawn it off as a real sport is what makes it fun to watch.

Real sport? Very funny!

How about hitting a little white ball and then chasing after it so you can hit it again?

How about 22 men fighting to move a squirrely bouncing ball over an a line drawn on a field?

How about men in their underwear running up and down a wooden floor trying to put a ball in a basket ten feet over their heads?

Are they real sports?

I think any thing is a sport if you want to make it one. And they are all real sports to the players.

Kegboy
07-23-2004, 04:14 PM
Back to the topic at hand.

Donnie's under contract, so he'd have to be traded. I don't think there's anything Dallas has that we want. They don't have Nash anymore. Finley's a nice 2-guard, but his salary's pretty high. Personally, I don't care for Irk, but we might be able to pass him on to someone else.

As for Cuban, he's a nice cheerleader, but I don't want him turning us into a rotisserie roster.

IMO, we shouldn't trade Donnie. Yeah, I know Larry's taking over and all, but can you imagine the furor? Worse than if we left Reggie unprotected in the expansion draft.

As much as I don't trust Larry, we've got to let him get the minutes to see if he'll work out. It's best to just let Donnie's contract run out and save the salary space, anyway. If Larry doesn't cut it, we can always sign Billy Knight. With that new ownership, Atlanta's not gonna stick with him forever.

Of course, if we could get Jerry West, all bet's are off. ;)

:sarcasm:

indygeezer
07-23-2004, 05:00 PM
I've heard rumors that Cuban surfs the web. Probably dreamin' up trades on RealGM.

and West is a head case, thinks he oughta be paid for each image of NBA logo printed, copied, or seen on TV.

I don't know about em???:confused:
Dammit, I WANNA WIN NOW!!!
Do something Larry!!!!
Pull the trigger!
:disturbed:

or I will

:suicide: