PDA

View Full Version : NIT Tourny - my college just had a Reggie Miller moment!

vapacersfan
03-17-2010, 01:59 AM
I realize it is just the NIT, but for a small liberal arts college like Jacksonville University this is a big deal

Down 5 with 20 seconds to go Ben Smith hits a 3 at the buzzer to give JU the win

The whole time he was shooting I was screaming No NO NO, but when it went in I went nuts screaming YES YES Yes

Auizona State let us stick around, but what a game and what a shot!!!!!

SoupIsGood
03-17-2010, 06:13 AM
Down 5 with 20 seconds to go Ben Smith hits a 3 at the buzzer to give JU the win

:confused:

avoidingtheclowns
03-17-2010, 11:04 AM
Man, did this dude just did this?

obnoxiousmodesty
03-17-2010, 11:09 AM
I caught that game. Jacksonville did a great job with the press at the end, and ASU's best free throw shooter couldn't hit when it mattered most. The banked 3 for the win with 1 second left seemed fated. Well done Jacksonville!

billbradley
03-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Man, did this dude just did this?

best part of winning time

vapacersfan
03-17-2010, 03:40 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=300750009

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Ben Smith (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=27885) scored a game-high 26 points, including a 24-foot jump shot with 1.5 seconds remaining and Jacksonville rallied to upset top-seeded Arizona State in the first round of the NIT on Tuesday night.

Sun Devils senior guard Derek Glasser (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=31772) missed the second of two free throws with 8.6 seconds remaining to give Arizona State (22-11) a 66-64 lead.

vapacersfan
03-17-2010, 03:41 PM
I caught that game. Jacksonville did a great job with the press at the end, and ASU's best free throw shooter couldn't hit when it mattered most. The banked 3 for the win with 1 second left seemed fated. Well done Jacksonville!

Thanks. Even though we are on Spring Break the campus is going nuts over that win. A really school things to watch on national tv (something we do not get to very often)

vapacersfan
03-17-2010, 03:43 PM
:confused:

Sorry I worded it poorly. We were down 5 with 20 seconds, and came back and with that last 3 point shot at the buzzer we won the game.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!!

LG33
03-18-2010, 01:10 AM
Fun fact for those unaware: Artis Gilmore, Otis Smith and Dee Brown (the old guy) all attended Jacksonville University. Quite a history!

vapacersfan
03-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Fun fact for those unaware: Artis Gilmore, Otis Smith and Dee Brown (the old guy) all attended Jacksonville University. Quite a history!

True.

Artis is actually the President's assistant, and he is always out and about on campus

ilive4sports
03-18-2010, 04:19 PM
I have grown to love the NIT Tourny, always seems to have moments like these. In the first round last year, George Mason @ PSU, Talor Battle hit an incredible off balance three to send it to OT. We went from being almost knocked out and to winning the NIT, it was probably the greatest sports moment I've witnessed in person while at school here.

The NIT has some rather exciting basketball. That Jacksonville game was pretty crazy.