PDA

View Full Version : IND/MIN

PacerPride33
03-09-2010, 10:36 PM
I don't know how, but Larry Bird needs to figure out a way to trade our first round pick this year with Minesota's first rounders this year. Offer Minny our expirings and maybe take on a player they don't want. If we do this, we can possibly get an Evan Turner/Patrick Patterson combo. What a draft that would be

spreedom
03-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Unless Minnesota gets Granger out of the deal, I don't see what kind of trade the Pacers could offer that the Wolves would even consider.

MillerTime
03-10-2010, 02:31 PM
I wonder if we could trade Granger for Jefferson and a first rounder??? If we could get their #2 pick and Jefferson for Granger, I'd be all for it. We could use that pick to get Turner, who I think will have an overall better NBA career than Granger

Justin Tyme
03-10-2010, 05:55 PM
I wonder if we could trade Granger for Jefferson and a first rounder??? If we could get their #2 pick and Jefferson for Granger, I'd be all for it. We could use that pick to get Turner, who I think will have an overall better NBA career than Granger

You and I might like that trade, but I don't see Minnie doing it. Pacer Land would rebell at the thought of trading Granger, even if it meant getting Wall.

spreedom
03-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Minny would probably trade Al Jeff/#2 overall for Danny/#3 overall or something like that, but expecting them to give up the best post scorer in the league AND a really high pick in a top-heavy draft for a guy like Danny (as good as he is) isn't too realistic. From the Pacers' perspective I'd love the trade, but it's pretty unlikely if you ask me.

MillerTime
03-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Minny would probably trade Al Jeff/#2 overall for Danny/#3 overall or something like that, but expecting them to give up the best post scorer in the league AND a really high pick in a top-heavy draft for a guy like Danny (as good as he is) isn't too realistic. From the Pacers' perspective I'd love the trade, but it's pretty unlikely if you ask me.

I wouldnt consider Jefferson the best post scorer in the league. I would probably give that to Bosh

spreedom
03-10-2010, 07:20 PM

I wouldnt consider Jefferson the best post scorer in the league. I would probably give that to Bosh

I probably haven't seen enough of Bosh this year to comment incredibly intelligently, but from what I've gathered previously he scores a ton of points on faceup jumpshots, and most of his points in the paint are off of drives. Has he adopted more of a back-to-the-basket game this season?

MillerTime
03-10-2010, 09:06 PM
I probably haven't seen enough of Bosh this year to comment incredibly intelligently, but from what I've gathered previously he scores a ton of points on faceup jumpshots, and most of his points in the paint are off of drives. Has he adopted more of a back-to-the-basket game this season?

Bosh can also score with his face to the basket, but he is also very capable of scoring with his back to the basket also. Bosh put on a lot of muscle this offseason.

Others that I would rank higher than Jefferson (as better back to the basket scorer) would be Boozer and Duncan. Jefferson is up there, but not the best

Bingo 1225
03-11-2010, 11:23 AM
What about a Granger and our 1st for Kevin Love and Minnie's 2 #1's. We could have Turner, Rush, D. Jones, and Dunleavy to play SF/SG + a pick later in the first to pick up another talent or to use in a possible trade for a new PG. Maybe revisit the Bobcats with a TJ and #1 for Nazr and DJ? Later, Bingo

MillerTime
03-11-2010, 01:05 PM
What about a Granger and our 1st for Kevin Love and Minnie's 2 #1's. We could have Turner, Rush, D. Jones, and Dunleavy to play SF/SG + a pick later in the first to pick up another talent or to use in a possible trade for a new PG. Maybe revisit the Bobcats with a TJ and #1 for Nazr and DJ? Later, Bingo

I'd do it.

Hillman's 'Fro'
03-24-2010, 07:42 AM
DG + our 1st (prolly #9 or #10) for Jefferson and #2 ?

MillerTime
03-24-2010, 12:53 PM
DG + our 1st (prolly #9 or #10) for Jefferson and #2 ?

that would be a good trade for us. If Minni lands the #2 pick, that would mean we could have a shot at Turner.

I would still want to trade Ford + Rush + 2011 first rounder (lottery protected) to NJ for Harris

Harris
Turner
D Jones
Jefferson
Hibbert

NappyRootz
03-25-2010, 12:05 AM

That is about the only realistic proposal on this thread but I 'm not sure if I would do it and it would only be available IMHO if Minny fell below #2. If they get Evan Turner Im sure they wouldnt trade Turner for Granger straight up. If its #3 and we all decide we want Favors badly enough then a possibility MIGHT be Granger and #10 for Favors, the rights to Rubio and possibly their second #1 or Brewer or Ellington............something liek that. But I'm not sure if I do that unless I really love Favors and think he is another Bosh or Howard.

Hillman's 'Fro'
03-25-2010, 08:07 AM
MT-

That was my thought too. I'd take Turner and Jefferson over DG and
whomever we'd take at #9 or 10.

Can't imagine that NJ couldn't get a better deal than that for Harris.
He's had a down year. But he's got the talent/skill-set to be a
top-6 or so PG in the NBA. At the very least, we'd have to give
them an 'unprotected', 2011 1st rounder.

NappyRootz
03-27-2010, 11:52 PM
You and I might like that trade, but I don't see Minnie doing it. Pacer Land would rebell at the thought of trading Granger, even if it meant getting Wall.

I cant see Minnesota trading the #1 or #2 picks for anyone other than Lebron or Kobe.

Evan Turner is exactly what teh y need and they would not trad ehim straight up for Granger IMHO.

I could see them wanting to move out of the #3 or #4 pick however since Cousins and Favors may not mix with Love and Jefferson.

But I would have to really like either of those guys to trade Granger straight up for one of them. I might trade Granger for Favors. It would have to include most likely Corey Brewer as well.

So would Favors, Brewer and cap space be worth trading Granger for ???

I probbaly would make that trade especially if we could keep our own pick and add Wesley Johnson or Al Faraqu Aminu..........that would make it a no brainer even if we didnt get Brewer in that trade.

pacergod2
03-31-2010, 05:02 PM
I wonder if they would take our first round pick for Kevin Love. There seems to be some inability for Love and Jefferson to play together. They could use their #2 on Turner and then the #10 on Aldrich. Plus the plethora of picks they have this draft could fill out the roster with front court depth.

I think the deal would have to be something like #10, Dunleavy, cash, and a protected future first for Love and Gomes ($1M guaranteed if cut before June 30).

Smoothdave1
04-17-2010, 01:12 AM
How about a deal along the lines of:

Indy sends pick #10 & 2nd rounder
Minn sends: #16 & #23 to Indy

Indy grabs someone like Xavier Henry, Udoh or James Anderson at #16 and then a guy like Bledsoe at #23?

We then revisit a deal with Charlotte:

Ford & Rush for Nazr, Augustin & Henderson

New lineup

Bledsoe, Price, Augustin
Jones, Henry, Henderson
Granger, Dunleavy
Murphy, Tyler, Josh
Roy, Nazr, Jeff, Solo

We're starting to develop of core of Bledsoe, Price, Augustin, Henry, Henderson, Danny, Tyler, Josh, Roy