PDA

View Full Version : The long-awaited return of the official Ranma 1/2 thread.....

Kstat
07-19-2004, 02:37 PM
Just as it was in previous PD threads, all anime/manga talk goes here.

Suave, Skyfire, this is for you guys.

All hail Rumiko Takahashi.

Suaveness
07-19-2004, 03:58 PM
Thank goodness. It has certainly been awhile.

All hail Naruto also is in order, since last episode was spectacular (even though I already knew what was going to happen :blush:)

And FMA has become confusing as hell once again.

And Prince of Tennis has become EXCITING.

And Samurai Champloo is getting better and better.

And so on.

:D

Kstat
07-19-2004, 04:13 PM
Watched the 1st DVD of Gungrave yesterday. Looks like it will live up to all the hype its been getting.

the 3rd InuYasha movie has been fansubbed, but at 1.3 gigs, it'll take me weeks to d/l it.....

Also started witch hunter robin, ive got mixed feelings on it.

as good as .hack//sign was, i have NO intention on watching .hack//twilight.....

The ranma 1/2 manga continues to be relaeased at a snail's pace......ugh.

And im still trying to figure out which GTO is the best: The manga, the anime, or the live-action series.

Suaveness
07-19-2004, 04:22 PM
I definitely want to see Gungrave.

And I promise WHR is really good. i was apprehensive at first, but it turns out real well.

And I love GTO.

indytoad
07-20-2004, 12:08 AM
Hooray!

My friend got an account with Rent Anime (http://www.rentanime.com), so we're gonna have some fun with that, although he'll probably rent too much girly anime.

Started watching Samurai 7 and Madlax recently. Jury's still out on Samurai 7, haven't seen enough. I don't really have anything against it like most people seem to, but you never really know when it comes to remakes like that. And Madlax, well, Madlax has hotpants.

IndyToad
There are more children in the world today

able
07-20-2004, 06:14 AM
Ok, so what if someone has little knowledge and seen little or no anime at all, where would you tell him/her to start, what and where to download and what are prioroties in viewing first

Kstat
07-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Ok, so what if someone has little knowledge and seen little or no anime at all, where would you tell him/her to start, what and where to download and what are prioroties in viewing first

Where to start? well, you can sample much of the new stuff at fansub sites such as animesuki.com, ani-kraze.org, or a handfull of others. And if all else fails, there's still kazza.....

Anything thats been liscensed by a US distrubutor wont be a readily available for download, so youll have to pay a visit to wherever sells anime near you.

As for what to begin with, what did you want to see? Martial arts? Action? comedy? drama? sci-fi?

Suaveness
07-20-2004, 05:15 PM
Along with the Horror, Love, Robotic type stuff.

Kstat
07-20-2004, 05:29 PM

Robotic=Sci-fi.

as for horror and love, horror isnt a big part of the anime genre, and I figured if Able wanted to watch a romance flick hed look elsewhere.......

Suaveness
07-20-2004, 06:18 PM

Robotic=Sci-fi.

as for horror and love, horror isnt a big part of the anime genre, and I figured if Able wanted to watch a romance flick hed look elsewhere.......

True about Robo scifi. Just thought I'd give a different view...since you have a lot of robotic stuff...gundam, EVA, etc.

And no, there isn't much horror stuff. Only a little like Vampire hunter and hellsing. Though hellsing is only a little.

SkipperZ
07-27-2004, 01:11 PM
Just thought I'd thank you guys for recommending me Samurai Champloo... It's the best new anime i've seen since I started watching Naruto.

Suaveness
07-27-2004, 10:31 PM
I love champloo. The fighting style of the swords is even better than kenshin

indytoad
07-28-2004, 12:08 AM
Yeah, I love Champloo. Actually I think about everyone loves Champloo. You can't not like it.

The intro is a travesty though.

Any other good new stuff I haven't seen?

IndyToad
Is that why you're not sitting with the rest of the team?

Kstat
07-28-2004, 01:42 AM
Fullmetal Alchemist:devil:

Suaveness
07-28-2004, 10:22 AM
Fullmetal Alchemist:devil:

Even better :devil:

indytoad
07-28-2004, 06:58 PM
Yeah I'm working on getting a packet of some FMA episodes at the moment. It's a 5 gig torrent though, so it'll be a while. It better be worth it... :mad:

IndyToad
The life support machine called

Suaveness
07-28-2004, 07:02 PM
Yeah I'm working on getting a packet of some FMA episodes at the moment. It's a 5 gig torrent though, so it'll be a while. It better be worth it... :mad:

IndyToad
The life support machine called

Trust me, it is. :devil:

indytoad
07-28-2004, 08:44 PM
That devil smiley everyone keeps using kinda worries me...

In some quasi-anime news, anyone see the video for Breaking the Habit? Has the same style as the animated bit in Kill Bill.

IndyToad
I did an independent film in college

Kstat
02-14-2005, 04:52 PM
That devil smiley everyone keeps using kinda worries me...

In some quasi-anime news, anyone see the video for Breaking the Habit? Has the same style as the animated bit in Kill Bill.

IndyToad
I did an independent film in college

7 months later, I :bump: this.

Anyone seen Spiral yet? I find it to be somewhat thought-provoking....

Oh yeah, Indytoad, are you all caught up in Naruto? What do you think of it so far?

Suaveness
02-14-2005, 05:23 PM
Have not spiral, it is on my list of things to see.

And naruto manga is ****ING AWESOME. That is all I can say about it. ****ing awesome.

Has anyone seen Bleach, it is REALLY good. Worth getting, definitely.

Samurai Champloo has about 5 eps left. It is getting good.

GS destiny is turning out to be really good as well.

Naruto is really behind the manga, though some say it is catching up.

Gungrave is depressing

Kstat
02-14-2005, 05:27 PM
I'm a little more than halfway through Gungrave. It IS depressing as hell. Kinda like a Sopranos episode gone really, really bad.

Bleach is on my to-see list, but havent gotten around to it yet.

Naruto IS looking really good right now. Its interesting waiting to see how everyone has changed over three years.

Suaveness
02-14-2005, 08:54 PM
I'm a little more than halfway through Gungrave. It IS depressing as hell. Kinda like a Sopranos episode gone really, really bad.

Bleach is on my to-see list, but havent gotten around to it yet.

Naruto IS looking really good right now. Its interesting waiting to see how everyone has changed over three years.

Gungrave gets progressively worse. The beginning is pretty awesome, but man oh man is it depressing at the end.

Bleach is DEFINITELY worth it. I'm going to start the manga later this week.

I can't wait to see how Naruto does against Akatsuki, and who they are. Sakura finally looks as though she might be useful too. Naruto looks a HECK of a lot stronger now. I am so freakin excited about it.

indytoad
02-15-2005, 11:32 PM
Oh yeah, Indytoad, are you all caught up in Naruto? What do you think of it so far?

I'm caught up on the anime, haven't started reading the manga yet. Aside from a pretty boring side story they threw in there for no reason, it's been fantastic, I love it. Everything just gets better and better. It's inexplicable.

Unfortunately that's about all I've had time to watch. Never got very far on the FMA episodes, or any of the other piles of stuff I've got.

It's depressing.

IndyToad
The guy who bags groceries

Kstat
02-16-2005, 12:40 PM
I'm caught up on the anime, haven't started reading the manga yet. Aside from a pretty boring side story they threw in there for no reason, it's been fantastic, I love it. Everything just gets better and better. It's inexplicable.

Unfortunately that's about all I've had time to watch. Never got very far on the FMA episodes, or any of the other piles of stuff I've got.

It's depressing.

IndyToad
The guy who bags groceries

I think they threw that 5-part snore-fest in there to allow the manga to progress more, because each ep uses more storyline than each manga chapter.

I CANT WAIT till "part 2" of Naruto begins in the anime, probably around April, I'm guessing.

Suaveness
02-16-2005, 04:21 PM
I think they threw that 5-part snore-fest in there to allow the manga to progress more, because each ep uses more storyline than each manga chapter.

I CANT WAIT till "part 2" of Naruto begins in the anime, probably around April, I'm guessing.

The thing about Kakashi was kind of interesting, just because I'm sure everyone has wondered where he got the Sharingan from.

That should definitely be good when the anime catches up. It will be interseting to see who is still subbing now that it is licensed.

But part 2 looks VERY promising. I wonder if it is going to be as long as part 1.

And I can't wait to see everyone's new jutsus

indytoad
02-16-2005, 06:02 PM
The thing about Kakashi was kind of interesting, just because I'm sure everyone has wondered where he got the Sharingan from.

That should definitely be good when the anime catches up. It will be interseting to see who is still subbing now that it is licensed.

But part 2 looks VERY promising. I wonder if it is going to be as long as part 1.

And I can't wait to see everyone's new jutsus

Always have wondered about his sharingan, guess I should start looking for the mangas... What's part 2 exactly? Is it possible to get a spoiler-free explanation?

I saw that Naruto was licensed, but guess no one knows who exactly by who yet? Looked like some kind of Viz affiliate or something... Not like it really matters to me though.

Hmm, Nausicaa finally got released on DVD. Should probably pick that up at some point...loved that movie.

IndyToad
Inherits from Object

Kstat
02-16-2005, 06:09 PM
Always have wondered about his sharingan, guess I should start looking for the mangas... What's part 2 exactly? Is it possible to get a spoiler-free explanation?

I saw that Naruto was licensed, but guess no one knows who exactly by who yet? Looked like some kind of Viz affiliate or something... Not like it really matters to me though.

Hmm, Nausicaa finally got released on DVD. Should probably pick that up at some point...loved that movie.

IndyToad
Inherits from Object

Naruto WAS liscensed, by ShoPro. However, they're just going to re-sell it to a US anime providor (likely Viz), so its not really "liscensed" yet. Fansubs will continues to come out, because there is no play in place to produce/dub/sub Naruto yet.

"part 2" is the second half of Naruto. It takes place three years after part 1 ends. I'll leave it at that, assuming you want no spoilers.

Suaveness
02-16-2005, 08:16 PM
The manga is DEFINITELY worth reading imo.

The anime has officially been taken off of animesuki, and ANBU has stopped. AonE is still doing it, and DB is too I think.

Do you think part 2 is as long as 1?

Kstat
02-16-2005, 08:17 PM

The anime has officially been taken off of animesuki, and ANBU has stopped. AonE is still doing it, and DB is too I think.

I'd assume so.....

Suaveness
02-16-2005, 08:20 PM
I'd assume so.....

Well, they covered a LOT of ground in part 1, so it makes you wonder if they have enough with Akatsuki to make it as big. This will probably end the series, once this is resolved. Who knows if Naruto will become a chuunin, jounin, or hokage

indytoad
02-17-2005, 11:28 PM

I got 122 from DB yesterday so I guess they're still doing it. Was a pretty good one, but then I always love Shikamaru's battles. Something wierd - anyone ever notice that he only ever fights female ninjas? He's had three major one-on-one battles so far that I can recall, and they've always been against women. Just kinda odd.

IndyToad
Visit us on the web

Kstat
02-24-2005, 10:43 PM
I got 122 from DB yesterday so I guess they're still doing it. Was a pretty good one, but then I always love Shikamaru's battles. Something wierd - anyone ever notice that he only ever fights female ninjas? He's had three major one-on-one battles so far that I can recall, and they've always been against women. Just kinda odd.

IndyToad
Visit us on the web

I think its supposed to be a running gag......

just saw episode #123 today.....Rock Lee Kicks ***. I've mised that guy.

SoupIsGood
02-25-2005, 04:01 AM
Is anime that japanese cartoon stuff?

Suaveness
02-25-2005, 07:41 AM
I think its supposed to be a running gag......

just saw episode #123 today.....Rock Lee Kicks ***. I've mised that guy.

Rock lee is freaking awesome, though I can't wait until you know who comes to fight him. That is going to be GREAT.

And yeah, Soup, it is

Kstat
02-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Is anime that japanese cartoon stuff?

I'm assuming thats sarcasm, but in case it isn't....yes.

Kstat
02-25-2005, 06:12 PM
Rock lee is freaking awesome, though I can't wait until you know who comes to fight him. That is going to be GREAT.

And yeah, Soup, it is

That'll probably be episode 225. I hope they make that one an hour long, that was one of my FAVORITE manga chapters......

Rock Lee...a natural user of the drunken-fist....."wuz you lookin' at?" :laugh:

Suaveness
02-25-2005, 10:54 PM
That'll probably be episode 225. I hope they make that one an hour long, that was one of my FAVORITE manga chapters......

Rock Lee...a natural user of the drunken-fist....."wuz you lookin' at?" :laugh:

That was hilarious...just seeing Gai's reaction when he learned about the sake :devil:

And yeah when he comes, it will be BADASS. That is just a great fight, though they get kinda lucky at the end

And then of course, Naruto vs Sasuke. Naruto didn't impress me at all at this time, but by the looks of the manga, he seems to actually know how to fight SMART, which makes me excited

Kstat
02-25-2005, 11:38 PM
That was hilarious...just seeing Gai's reaction when he learned about the sake :devil:

And yeah when he comes, it will be BADASS. That is just a great fight, though they get kinda lucky at the end

And then of course, Naruto vs Sasuke. Naruto didn't impress me at all at this time, but by the looks of the manga, he seems to actually know how to fight SMART, which makes me excited

I had plenty of smart moves (ie the Neji fight), he just could never string enough together.

Naruto vs Sasuke was a whole lot of nothing. I won't elaborate more, because IndyToad hasnt seen that part yet..

indytoad
02-25-2005, 11:57 PM
Yeah, shut up!

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked that Rock Lee is back again. He's a great character. And the druken fist bit should be pretty interesting.

Kinda anime related - been playing Xenosaga 2 past few days. Story's still pretty good, and the new battle system is a lot of fun...but damn it looks like it's gonna be a short game. Comes with two discs, which is misleading, got to the end of the first one at about 10 hours - and I had the game paused for about half an hour at one point...and did several GS quests...

Hopefully the third one will be a little more epic.

IndyToad
Tastes like poison

Suaveness
03-01-2005, 04:16 PM
I just watched Shingetsutan Tsukihime...it was pretty good, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Kstat
03-03-2005, 03:39 AM
Episode 124 is going to go down as one of my favorites....though I know i'll like #125 more.....

Whomever animated that episode deserves a raise. That was SO much better than the manga version.

That was possibly the best-excecuted version of the drunken first that I've ever seen.

Oh yeah, and now its time for the sand shinobi to lay down the law.

indytoad
03-03-2005, 09:32 PM
That was a pretty sweet episode. Rock Lee is still the best.

Have to admit I had almost completely forgotten about the Sand ninja. They hadn't even occured to me when I was trying to figure out who the three shadows were.

This is shaping up to me one of the better arcs yet.

IndyToad
Disproportionate takething

Kstat
03-03-2005, 09:54 PM
I'm guessing that "part 1" of naruto in the anime ends at 130. There should be a recess after that of maybe a month.

indytoad
03-03-2005, 11:28 PM
A recess?! What am I going to do without Naruto for a month?! There's nothing to...well...except for Gungrave...and I should get caught up on Samurai Champloo...and I still haven't watched the rest of the Excel Saga boxset I bought...

I guess I'll survive.

IndyToad
Has two hundred dollars

SoupIsGood
03-03-2005, 11:49 PM
I wasn't being sarcastic...

I never knew there was so much of that stuff. How is anime pronounced, is it a english or japanese word?

Kstat
03-04-2005, 06:25 PM
A recess?! What am I going to do without Naruto for a month?! There's nothing to...well...except for Gungrave...and I should get caught up on Samurai Champloo...and I still haven't watched the rest of the Excel Saga boxset I bought...

I guess I'll survive.

IndyToad
Has two hundred dollars

Latest episodes of samurai champloo are GREAT i hear.

Oh yeah, and exel saga is insane. I own the whole thing. Its just.......insane. Like one long drinking game, except you're not drinking anything.....

Kstat
03-04-2005, 06:31 PM
I wasn't being sarcastic...

I never knew there was so much of that stuff. How is anime pronounced, is it a english or japanese word?

anime- (Ah-ni-may). The word is japanese and is short for "animēshon," the japanese word for "animation."

There are literally thousands of anime titles......though you'd have to find a genre, and go from there. There are great titles regardless of genre, but there are also titles that completely suck. Furthermore, only maybe half of them have been translated in english.

The japanese view anime the same way americans view live-action movies. Its just a different style of movie.

Suaveness
03-05-2005, 01:25 PM
I'm guessing that "part 1" of naruto in the anime ends at 130. There should be a recess after that of maybe a month.

No, its gotta be longer than that....They still have to resolve all of these conflicts, you've got the entire Naruto Sasuke fight to go, not to mention that whole thing about Kakashi to talk about before part 1 ends. Thats going to be quite a few episodes. The fight itself was quite long.

And K, as for Champloo, SOME are great. But I am getting really pissed off...ep 21 was AMAZING, the whole thing witht he woman, and I THOUGHT they were getting somewhere with the anime. But they have followed that with a really stupid zombie episode, and the last ep talked about baseball. They haven't even gotten around to the plot, and they have like 3 eps left. The baseball episode WAS hilarious though. And the blind woman eps were fantastic. Reallllly good.

Kstat
03-09-2005, 02:00 PM
No, its gotta be longer than that....They still have to resolve all of these conflicts, you've got the entire Naruto Sasuke fight to go, not to mention that whole thing about Kakashi to talk about before part 1 ends. Thats going to be quite a few episodes. The fight itself was quite long.

And K, as for Champloo, SOME are great. But I am getting really pissed off...ep 21 was AMAZING, the whole thing witht he woman, and I THOUGHT they were getting somewhere with the anime. But they have followed that with a really stupid zombie episode, and the last ep talked about baseball. They haven't even gotten around to the plot, and they have like 3 eps left. The baseball episode WAS hilarious though. And the blind woman eps were fantastic. Reallllly good.

I don't consider the Kakashi story to be part of "part 1" though. It has nothing to do with either part; its a flashback.

saw the raw version of #125 today, looks like gaara vs Kimimaro will have #126 all to itself....which is good. I'm guessing Naruto/Sasuke takes up 127-129, so "part 1" should end at #130, like I said. Kakashi's story won't take more than two eps, and then we should have about a month's recess, like the manga did.

Oh yeah, and I just can't put away spiral. That's a quality series.

EDIT: saw the subbed #125. Again, good stuff. The sand shinobi have this lethal edge to them, maybe that's whay they're among my favorite.

indytoad
03-12-2005, 11:30 PM
Saw 125 couple days ago, my hard drive is going through some troubles at the moment so I was afraid I wasn't gonna catch it. But I installed Azureus and the codecs on the family computer so I got it after all.

I was suprised how gruesome Sakon's death was, for Naruto anyway. I feel bads for poor Kankuro though, still wearing the same old clothes. Was also cool to see another summoning attack - I think Temari's hit second place in my 'most powerful female characters' listing. Anko is probably better but she hasn't been in an episode in so long I can't really include her anymore.

IndyToad
Can theoretically live forever

Kstat
03-13-2005, 02:23 AM
Saw 125 couple days ago, my hard drive is going through some troubles at the moment so I was afraid I wasn't gonna catch it. But I installed Azureus and the codecs on the family computer so I got it after all.

I was suprised how gruesome Sakon's death was, for Naruto anyway. I feel bads for poor Kankuro though, still wearing the same old clothes. Was also cool to see another summoning attack - I think Temari's hit second place in my 'most powerful female characters' listing. Anko is probably better but she hasn't been in an episode in so long I can't really include her anymore.

IndyToad
Can theoretically live forever

*cough*Tsunade*cough*

If you think THATS gruesome, you ain't seen nothing yet.....wait till you see how Kakashi got his sharingan......

indytoad
03-13-2005, 05:16 PM
You'll note I said second most powerful. I had to drop Anko out of the second place spot she occupied mostly by default. None of the other womens can really touch Tsunade.

Unless there's someone higher than her that I don't know about.

Indeed, I've wanted to know how Kakashi got his sharingan for a long time. In fact I've wanted to know more about Kakashi in general for a while, even though he has been kinda relagated to a secondary character lately.

So I imagine I'll enjoy the Kakashi backstory arc you guys've mentioned.

IndyToad

Suaveness
03-15-2005, 12:59 AM
Temari and Shikamaru make a good team...it is funny to see them go at each other. Hopefully Sakura turns out to be good (you'll understand when part 2 starts).

Yeah that Kakashi thing was pretty disgusting. But I can't say it was cooler than the Sakon killing....that was sinister. I loved it.

And I still think the kakashi thing as part one as far as I'm concerned. Part 2 starts with Naruto coming back, and I believe anything before that is 1. Not a big deal anyway.

Kstat
03-16-2005, 05:14 PM
saw #126 today (the raw). VERY nicely done. There will be NO Naruto anime next week, and then #127 will be an hour-long special.

Kimimaru's "level two" curse is downright NASTY.....

Looks like Prince of Tennis is ending, Suave. Too bad.....

Suaveness
03-16-2005, 05:35 PM
saw #126 today (the raw). VERY nicely done. There will be NO Naruto anime next week, and then #127 will be an hour-long special.

Kimimaru's "level two" curse is downright NASTY.....

Looks like Prince of Tennis is ending, Suave. Too bad.....

Yeah I saw that. But it isn't like I care anymore, anyway. No one is subbing the eps, and we are like 30 eps behind. Bah...not to mention the anime is just way off course fromt he manga, I mean, they've gone like 50 eps without the main Nationals tournament. And they aren't planning on doing it apparantly, which is really stupid. So now I'm faced with the dilemma of burning 170 eps or so or just deleting them. I don't knwo what to do.

And Kimimaru kicks ***

indytoad
03-17-2005, 01:39 AM
Just queued up 126 - the one thing that's nice about Naruto's popularity is how fast I can get it - 874 seeds, 13,146 peers. Can't beat that.

edit: Well I watched it this morning and it was pretty sweet. I've never been a big fan of Gaara's hands-off long-distance fighting style - which seems to have gotten ridiculously powerful - so hopefully Kimimaru can make him work for it. I also particularly enjoyed the Zabuza and Haku cameo. It's too bad they're dead, really.

IndyToad
All we know is all we are

Kstat
03-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Just queued up 126 - the one thing that's nice about Naruto's popularity is how fast I can get it - 874 seeds, 13,146 peers. Can't beat that.

edit: Well I watched it this morning and it was pretty sweet. I've never been a big fan of Gaara's hands-off long-distance fighting style - which seems to have gotten ridiculously powerful - so hopefully Kimimaru can make him work for it. I also particularly enjoyed the Zabuza and Haku cameo. It's too bad they're dead, really.

IndyToad
All we know is all we are

Trust me, this is the undercard compared to Sasuke/Naruto.....

That one will take about 4 eps at LEAST.

Suaveness
03-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Trust me, this is the undercard compared to Sasuke/Naruto.....

That one will take about 4 eps at LEAST.

That is the great thing about this part of the anime. I mean, these fights are just sooo good. Even though Naruto has little sense in fighting, he does incredibly well in the next fight. And seeing Sasuke evil is just plain awesome. Of course, the fights that will be coming in the manga shoudl be some of the best ever....OOOO I cannot wait.

Kstat
03-31-2005, 10:55 PM
Man, episode 127-8 was WELL worth the wait.....

Finally we get to the main event: Sasuke and Naruto.....

Sasuke even has the evil laugh. BRILLIANT.

I'm guessing it'll take 3 more episodes to finish this "mission." One more for the aftermath, and then we go to Kakashi's backstory.

indytoad
04-01-2005, 12:43 AM
Yeah, Sasuke has the makings of a fantastic villain. The fact that he used to be on the good team makes it all the better.

The episode was pretty good, although a bit clip-heavy for my tastes. The Naruto/Sasuke rivaly has really taken off, much better than I originally thought - can't wait for the next episode.

And is it just me, or did the whole Kimihiro backstory make Orochimaru's penchant for collecting young boys all the more creepy? He's like an anime version of Michael Jackson...well, except that Jackson already looks like an anime character.

IndyToad
Never loses battles to woodland creatures

Kstat
04-01-2005, 02:45 AM
Yeah, Sasuke has the makings of a fantastic villain. The fact that he used to be on the good team makes it all the better.

The episode was pretty good, although a bit clip-heavy for my tastes. The Naruto/Sasuke rivaly has really taken off, much better than I originally thought - can't wait for the next episode.

And is it just me, or did the whole Kimihiro backstory make Orochimaru's penchant for collecting young boys all the more creepy? He's like an anime version of Michael Jackson...well, except that Jackson already looks like an anime character.

IndyToad
Never loses battles to woodland creatures

...you expect him to make an army out of young girls?

Its not as if Orochimaru is going to warp the minds of adults as easily, you know....

By the way, if you hate backstories, just skip 129 altogether. You'll have a heart attack.

Suaveness
04-01-2005, 03:19 AM
This is probably the best fight so far...it is great..

I really cannot wait until 254 though

Kstat
04-01-2005, 04:41 AM
This is probably the best fight so far...it is great..

I really cannot wait until 254 though

uh.......254 has been out and translated for a while dude.....

indytoad
04-01-2005, 11:10 PM
...you expect him to make an army out of young girls?

Its not as if Orochimaru is going to warp the minds of adults as easily, you know....

By the way, if you hate backstories, just skip 129 altogether. You'll have a heart attack.

Well I wasn't being serious. Maybe I need to throw in a jokey smiley every now and then. Or the eye-rolley. I can't keep track of which means what.

It's not the backstory part I was complaining about, it was the clips from old episodes. I think at one point they even showed a clip from about ten minutes earlier in the episode.

Ah, but I'm nitpicking, it's all been pretty sweet.

IndyToad
Wired into an amp

Kstat
04-02-2005, 12:07 AM
after almost a year they move this to the entertainment forum.....

indytoad
04-02-2005, 12:31 AM
This place is cold, and uninviting, and smelly. I miss the Pub...

Speaking of changes, perhaps this thread could use a name update. I mean, we haven't talked about Ranma in forever.

IndyToad
Can never remember the rules

Suaveness
04-02-2005, 01:07 AM
uh.......254 has been out and translated for a while dude.....

Inane :-p

Indy have you been reading the manga?

Kstat
04-02-2005, 01:10 AM
Agreed. I feel very unwelcome in this new forum, wheras the Pub was a place I felt accepted and honored.

I'm betrayed by this sudden change of venue.

Kstat
04-02-2005, 01:12 AM
Speaking of changes, perhaps this thread could use a name update. I mean, we haven't talked about Ranma in forever.

IndyToad
Can never remember the rules

No, this thread was started because of Ranma 1/2, so the name stays. We all know it isnt JUST for Ranma 1/2 anyway. Its a ceremonial title.

BTW, anywbody check out for trailer for the FullMetal Alchemist movie?

http://my.so-net.net.tw/nataray/teaser3-300.asf

Suaveness
04-02-2005, 11:08 AM
Unfortunetly, we won't get to see the movie until it comes out on DVD. I mean, the Naruto movie hasn't even come out

indytoad
04-02-2005, 02:10 PM
Inane :-p

Indy have you been reading the manga?

Just the stuff I've been getting in Shonen Jump, but they'll early ones and it moves so slow it doesn't really matter.

I'm gonna start reading the later issues after this arc ends. Seems like a good place to start.

So no, you can't talk about it yet.

Unfortunetly, we won't get to see the movie until it comes out on DVD. I mean, the Naruto movie hasn't even come out

I saw the first Inuyasha movie while it was still in theatres over there (a shaky camcorder version), so I'm suprised the a similar copy of the Naruto movie hasn't shown up.

IndyToad
My word is law

indytoad
04-10-2005, 01:27 AM
Well since no one else is going to bump the thread this week...

Well, really not a whole lot to talk about, actually. Was pretty interesting I admit, but I was so primed for the fight that now is not a good time for backstory.

Also noticed that Chouji and Neji aren't in the new intro. Are they actually, truly dead? If so, my respect for this series just went up a notch.

IndyToad
Ring ring ring, phonecall

Kstat
04-10-2005, 03:20 AM
Well since no one else is going to bump the thread this week...

Well, really not a whole lot to talk about, actually. Was pretty interesting I admit, but I was so primed for the fight that now is not a good time for backstory.

Also noticed that Chouji and Neji aren't in the new intro. Are they actually, truly dead? If so, my respect for this series just went up a notch.

IndyToad
Ring ring ring, phonecall

They just want to keep you in suspense......

indytoad
04-10-2005, 02:39 PM
They just want to keep you in suspense......

Yeah yeah, I know. *******s!

Of course, I did watch the entire Frieza saga (many years past, in my highly impressionable youth), so if I can put up with that I can watch a few combatless episodes of Naruto.

edit: Oooh, I never though bast ards was that bad a word...oh well.

IndyToad
This planet will explode in five minutes. No. Really.

Suaveness
04-16-2005, 11:08 AM
Frieza was sooooo long.....

And Oh. My. Gosh.

The latest manga chapter is the GREATEST. I cannot WAIT until 257. It will be amazing.

Kstat
05-05-2005, 05:47 PM
naruto ep 133.......:drool:

HOLY CRAP what an awesome episode! Un-freaking believable. I knew what was going to happen, and I STILL came away amazed!

134 will FINALLY finish this fight.....i'm guessing 136 will start Kakashi's backstory, most likely a 3-part, and then part 1 of Naruto will FINALLY be over....

Suaveness
05-06-2005, 10:22 PM
133 was AMAZING

indytoad
05-09-2005, 12:27 AM
Just saw it tonight, had a friend over so my normal Thursday routine was delayed. Incredible episode, I agree - I wish they'd up the production values more often.

I'm disappointed in Sasuke's final transformation though - he just turned into the front man for an '80's hair band. No extra horns or appendages or nothin'.

Also finally got my hands on the movie, hopefully I'll be able to watch that sometime tomorrow.

IndyToad
Fighting ants on their own turf

indytoad
05-15-2005, 11:34 PM
BUMP!

Saw the movie and 134 over the weekend. The movie was pretty good, although it was a bit too Naruto-centric for my tastes. Sasuke and Sakura had the best fight in the movie. As far as deviations from the main storyline go, though, it was the best. Better than the abominable specials and the unmentionable racing arc.

134 was good, but Sasuke's extra...wings...ah...hands...were a little odd.

IndyToad
I could dress up as a sea captain

Kstat
05-21-2005, 04:50 PM
well, you asked for extra appendages, didn't you?

I suppose we'll have to put up with 5 or 6 eps of filler now.....

at least "part 1" is over.

indytoad
05-22-2005, 11:58 PM
Yeah, I guess I should be careful what I ask for. Shoulda gave those horns the chick had to Sasuke instead - those were cool.

I think there might be at least one episode before they hit the Kakashi backstory and then throw in some filler. Or at least part of one, judging from the "next episode" bit. Seems like the end though, so I finally caved and downloaded the manga - I was suprised how little there was, I wonder how long they'll wait to start up part 2 of the anime.

Now that I've got more time I finally started watching FMA again. Pretty good, kinda dark sometimes, but I like it.

IndyToad
Not available on a dish

Cactus Jax
05-29-2005, 04:28 AM
Hey weird people, I'm just getting started in watching anime, and reading some manga.

I got a couple recommendations on another site, and bought boxed DVD sets of Evangelion, and Berserk.

Evangelion was kind of funny and had some good parts, but overall you could definently tell it was rushed at the end, which kind of sucks.

Berserk on the other hand is awesome, although the story isn't complete with the anime series. Guts is such a badass character, and the overall plot, and characters are awesome. I expected certain things to occur but others did instead. For others who haven't watched this, it definently isn't for kids, especially later on. Also, it's REALLY slow at the beginning so don't get discouraged.

So I'd like some recommendations on what to watch next.

indytoad
05-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Have you seen End of Evangelion yet? It's has a much better ending than the one to the actual series.

As for a new series to look into, hmm, depends on what you're looking for:

Cowboy Bebop is my all-time favorite, has a little bit of everything. They show it on Cartoon Network late at night, at least they used to.

Ruroni Kenshin is another excellent series, great fights and storylines and characters, with some history lessons. Pretty long though, a bit of an investment.

If you liked Evangelion, you might check out RahXephon, it's really really similar but quite a bit better in my opinion.

Full Metal Panic is another of my favorites, a good action/comedy series with top-notch animation.

If you have a decent internet connection, you could start downloading Naruto or Fullmetal Alchemist, since it'll be a long time until they're released in their entirety.

Oh yes, and there's Ranma 1/2, the namesake of this thread. There's a bajillion episodes but it's quite hilarious.

IndyToad
Created by Craig McCracken

Kstat
05-31-2005, 02:02 PM
Hey weird people, I'm just getting started in watching anime, and reading some manga.

Evangelion was kind of funny and had some good parts, but overall you could definently tell it was rushed at the end, which kind of sucks.

The creator was on heavy medication for his depression as it ended.

Evangelion is famous for its great start and horrible ending(s).

So I'd like some recommendations on what to watch next.

You'd have to give me a genre to reccomend from. Martial arts, samurai, comedy, romance/drama, action, suspense, robo, horror, etc.

Kstat
05-31-2005, 02:08 PM
Have you seen End of Evangelion yet? It's has a much better ending than the one to the actual series.
My dog could crap on a piece of paper and it would STILL be a better script than the ending to se series.

And I thought End of Evangelion was HORRIBLE as well. It was overzealous crap, made to appease fanboys.

Cowboy Bebop is my all-time favorite, has a little bit of everything. They show it on Cartoon Network late at night, at least they used to.

Its a solid show. Not spectacular, but solid. I wasn't happy with the ending.

Ruroni Kenshin is another excellent series, great fights and storylines and characters, with some history lessons. Pretty long though, a bit of an investment.

If you're into the samurai genre, Kenshin is the best of the best. Epic story, with actualy historical significance. Funny, entertaining, and dramatic. Outstanding story.

If you have a decent internet connection, you could start downloading Naruto or Fullmetal Alchemist, since it'll be a long time until they're released in their entirety.[/quote

Both FMA and Naruto get very high marks from me as well.

[quote]Oh yes, and there's Ranma 1/2, the namesake of this thread. There's a bajillion episodes but it's quite hilarious.

Yeah, Ranma 1/2 is kick-***. But its even better in the manga. Still, can;t go wrong with that anime. There's something in there for everyone.

indytoad
05-31-2005, 02:15 PM
And I thought End of Evangelion was HORRIBLE as well. It was overzealous crap, made to appease fanboys.

The movie was like the series - it started out pretty well, but kinda spiraled out of control at the end. Asuka's fight against the manufactured angels remains of of my favorite parts of the series. I think it was more satisfactory than the stock ending, which was why I mentioned it. But I agree with you that Evangelion is hugely overrated (almost as much as Hellsing...)

I won't even address your heretical comments towards Bebop. :mad: :-p

IndyToad
I keep my mind stored on a jump drive

Kstat
05-31-2005, 02:18 PM
The movie was like the series - it started out pretty well

Um, WHAT? Do you even remember the very first scene in End of Evangelion?

If thats a GOOD way to begin a movie, please show me a BAD way....

indytoad
05-31-2005, 02:24 PM
Damn K, you're quick on the trigger today!

Um, WHAT? Do you even remember the very first scene in End of Evangelion?

Oh, right, yeah, forgot about that... I think I blocked that part out of my memory.

But other than that, I thought it started out fairly well.

Now that I think about it, I remember one time I found a doujinshi that expounded on that scene...ugh. Thanks a lot.

IndyToad
+8 accuracy

NewType
05-31-2005, 09:53 PM
Ranma 1/2 is really great. I believe the comics is better than the animation. However, the ending is too sitcom like.

Ruroni Kenshin is great and at one point, it's really dark. If you like dark stuff, it's great.

Also, I highly recommend Full Metal Alchemist. Both the comic and animation are great. Great storyline with humor in between.

BTW, anyone likes the Gundam series?

Suaveness
06-02-2005, 11:35 PM
Evangelion was such a frustrating series. I gave up trying to figure out what the hell they were talking about. Just a terrible terrible ending. And I have only seen bits and pieces of End of Evangelion, but it seems as though it is the same way. NGE was one of those series which was one of my first, and I appreciate it for that. But other than that, I can't say I like it all that much. Like said, it is very good in the beginning.

Gundams, I am usually not a big fan of. However, I LOVE Gundam Seed and Destiny. Most Gundam shows are just too boring for me, but these two series really are terrific. Excellent character designs, plot, and music. The series really draws you in and makes you want to watch the next episode. And it is very sad at times

Naruto is one of my favorites. It is a very long series, so be careful of that. But a great great series.

FMA like said is another great one. It probably is one of the best front to back animes, meaning that it stays good the whole time. Just a well thought out design.

Kenshin is also one of my favorites, though after about episode 65, it really is kinda so-so. The entire series till about that point is amazing though. The best samurai series, though Samurai Champloo is also really good. Not in Kenshin's league though.

Bleach is another series, but that is still ongoing.

Trigun is also worth watch, as is CB.

There are many other series as well, so if you get through those, ask again.

indytoad
06-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Woah, almost let this fall off the first page entirely. Let's see, what have I seen lately...

Watched the new CG Appleseed movie last night. The set pieces and mechs were incredible, but all the humans were so flat and lifeless it really took away from the whole experience. Everyone looked like they were made of plastic. Only rent it if you want to see some spiffy CG.

Saw the first couple episodes of the Read or Die TV series. I loved the OAV so I was concerned when I heard that it was a new set of characters in this one. It didn't last long though, since what I saw was fantastic. Let's just hope they can keep up the quality, unlike too many others I've seen.

What else... gotten most of the way through Onegai Teacher. It's all right, not really my thing, but we still have fun watching it. I'm also quite proud of myself for managing to catch every episode of Paranoia Agent they've aired so far on Adult Swim. I must say I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Oh yeah, and I'm almost done with FMA. Four episodes to go.

Well, that's the bulk of the anime I've seen the last couple weeks. Whee.

IndyToad
Don't act like you know me

Suaveness
06-18-2005, 08:15 PM
Woah, almost let this fall off the first page entirely. Let's see, what have I seen lately...

Watched the new CG Appleseed movie last night. The set pieces and mechs were incredible, but all the humans were so flat and lifeless it really took away from the whole experience. Everyone looked like they were made of plastic. Only rent it if you want to see some spiffy CG.

Saw the first couple episodes of the Read or Die TV series. I loved the OAV so I was concerned when I heard that it was a new set of characters in this one. It didn't last long though, since what I saw was fantastic. Let's just hope they can keep up the quality, unlike too many others I've seen.

What else... gotten most of the way through Onegai Teacher. It's all right, not really my thing, but we still have fun watching it. I'm also quite proud of myself for managing to catch every episode of Paranoia Agent they've aired so far on Adult Swim. I must say I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Oh yeah, and I'm almost done with FMA. Four episodes to go.

Well, that's the bulk of the anime I've seen the last couple weeks. Whee.

IndyToad
Don't act like you know me

Read or Die is one of my favorite series. The TV series won't disappoint, I promise. I love the music. Onegai isn't bad. And have fun with those last 4 eps of FMA...great stuff

Kstat
07-12-2005, 05:54 PM
:bump:

are suave or Toad making any Otakon plans?

BTW, this naruto filler arc is just BRUTAL. Bring on part 2 already!

Suaveness
07-12-2005, 07:34 PM

are suave or Toad making any Otakon plans?

BTW, this naruto filler arc is just BRUTAL. Bring on part 2 already!

I can't :( I just don't have time, which realllllly blows.

And yes, the arc is just terrible. I'm not even really watching it too seriously. When does it end>!?

The manga, however, is pretty awesome. It really is nice to see Sakura serious for once.

indytoad
07-13-2005, 12:15 AM
I'd like to go, as I've never been - although I planned to visit a friend of mine in Wisconsin around that time as well. Plus I'd like to get a couple of my friends to come with, and they're pretty apathetic so I dunno if I'll be able to drag em along.

And I agree about the latest arc - I'm three episodes behind at the moment, they're just kinda boring. Part two of the manga is great though - I've been waiting for Sakura to start kicking *** forever.

IndyToad
I still have the hot girls

Kstat
07-13-2005, 12:59 AM
eh, you owe it to yourself to go at least ONCE. It's like the mecca of Otakudom.

indytoad
07-14-2005, 02:35 AM
Yeah, I'm gonna go eventually.

Really.

IndyToad
We'll stop em here, on Pluto

Suaveness
07-14-2005, 09:05 AM
One of these days when I can somehow get money I might. Of course, I had better do this soon

Suaveness
07-26-2005, 03:05 PM
Oh man, I just have to say that Gundam Seed Destiny is getting really freakin good. Only about 10 eps left, but man this is great stuff

Suaveness
07-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Oh, not to mention the return of Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid!

This looks to be as good as its predecessors

indytoad
07-26-2005, 07:58 PM
Oh man, I just have to say that Gundam Seed Destiny is getting really freakin good. Only about 10 eps left, but man this is great stuff

I've never been a huge Gundam fan (especially Wing - ugh, I hated that show), but I didn't mind Seed too much. Hell, I watched the whole thing, I think that's a pretty good sign. What's Destiny like?

I'm really behind in my anime watching though - spending my time playing through my backlog of RPGs. Going to try and finish up Ys tonight.

IndyToad
Coming to kill you and all your friends

Kstat
07-26-2005, 08:13 PM
eh, I'm saving up for my usual shopping spree at otakon. I havent bought any anime in 9 months or so.

The end of gungrave was so-so. Definately not what I expected, though.

Suaveness
07-26-2005, 09:11 PM
I've never been a huge Gundam fan (especially Wing - ugh, I hated that show), but I didn't mind Seed too much. Hell, I watched the whole thing, I think that's a pretty good sign. What's Destiny like?

I'm really behind in my anime watching though - spending my time playing through my backlog of RPGs. Going to try and finish up Ys tonight.

IndyToad
Coming to kill you and all your friends

Destiny is quite similar, it just leaves off where Seed ended. It is definitely worth watching. It's a mini-notch below Seed, but almost everything is similar

Suaveness
07-26-2005, 09:11 PM
eh, I'm saving up for my usual shopping spree at otakon. I havent bought any anime in 9 months or so.

The end of gungrave was so-so. Definately not what I expected, though.

Gungrave definitely could have ended better. It had it's moments, but it dragged on a bit

indytoad
08-07-2005, 01:51 AM
My internet has been down, so I've been a little out of the loop. Just one thing to ask.

What the hell? (http://www.gnaa.us/pr.phtml?troll=gnaa-naruto)

IndyToad
Has super cuts

Kstat
08-07-2005, 12:16 PM
ok, that's just stupid and disgusting.

Suaveness
08-07-2005, 03:21 PM
Uh...

Kstat
08-15-2005, 03:53 PM
Otakon schedule's out. Ranma 1/2 will be shown for the first time in five years, I believe.

Good times, good times. 22,000 anime fans can't be wrong.

I'll send you guys a postcard or somthing with a :finger: on it.

Suaveness
08-15-2005, 08:06 PM
Otakon schedule's out. Ranma 1/2 will be shown for the first time in five years, I believe.

Good times, good times. 22,000 anime fans can't be wrong.

I'll send you guys a postcard or somthing with a :finger:on it.

:finger:

Kstat
09-14-2005, 01:22 AM
Tenjho Tenge, Samurai 7 and Genshiken.

I HIGHLY reccomend these new shows, but if you have to choose one, pick Genshiken.

indytoad
09-14-2005, 01:32 AM
I got about halfway through Samurai 7 way back when they were first subbing it, but my hard drive got wiped, and I'm so backed up anime-wise I haven't gotten around to getting the rest. Being an employed student sucks.

In a manga sidenote, I've been picking up as much Blade of the Immortal as I can, in a sort of "How the hell did I miss this?" fervor.

IndyToad
Is in your house

Kstat
09-14-2005, 02:25 AM
I've begun the Bleach manga ever since Otakon. Best idea I've had all summer.

Suaveness
09-14-2005, 07:52 AM
Bleach manga is damn good. And there arent any stops either after he leaves SS. Nice twists too.

indytoad
09-16-2005, 12:02 AM
Just finished watching Advent Children. I'm admittedly a pretty big FF fanboy, but... WOW! It was everything it was hyped up to be. The plot was a bit vague and on occasion the animation looked kinda sloppy, but the rest of the movie was so cool I can forgive em for that. The fight scenes and revamped characters were amazing. Washes the bitter taste of Spirits Within out of my mouth completely. Can't wait for it to come out on DVD here so I can see it in high-res - I'm sure it'll be even prettier.

I should probably note that if you haven't played all the way through the game, the movie won't make a whole lot of sense.

IndyToad
Nobody lives here anymore

Kstat
09-16-2005, 12:04 AM
Just finished watching Advent Children. I'm admittedly a pretty big FF fanboy, but... WOW! It was everything it was hyped up to be. The plot was a bit vague and on occasion the animation looked kinda sloppy, but the rest of the movie was so cool I can forgive em for that. The fight scenes and revamped characters were amazing. Washes the bitter taste of Spirits Within out of my mouth completely. Can't wait for it to come out on DVD here so I can see it in high-res - I'm sure it'll be even prettier.

I should probably note that if you haven't played all the way through the game, the movie won't make a whole lot of sense.

IndyToad
Nobody lives here anymore

I'm waiting for the PSP release in 2 weeks. no spoilers.

Suaveness
09-16-2005, 12:07 AM
I should have come here first. I can't wait to watch Advent Children. Though I think I may replay VII before I do this, just in case.

indytoad
09-16-2005, 12:09 AM
I'm waiting for the PSP release in 2 weeks. no spoilers.

Wait, people actually buy those PSP movies?

IndyToad
This is going to be a long flight

Suaveness
09-16-2005, 12:11 AM
Seriously, is it worth spending the money on?

Kstat
09-16-2005, 12:11 AM
Wait, people actually buy those PSP movies?

IndyToad
This is going to be a long flight

It'll be my first and only. I'm not waiting an EXTRA 2 months to see it on standard DVD.

Suaveness
09-16-2005, 12:13 AM
Have you seen Last Order too?

Kstat
09-16-2005, 12:16 AM
Have you seen Last Order too?

Heard about it, but no.

indytoad
09-16-2005, 12:19 AM
Seriously, is it worth spending the money on?

If you're even a mild FF fan, definately. I haven't seen Last Order yet, though. I guess it didn't get leaked early like AC did, so there's no English translation yet.

IndyToad
Came in the mail this morning

indytoad
09-17-2005, 12:36 AM
Out of curiosity, I watched the English dub of Naruto on Cartoon Network. I'm quite a bit more tolerant of dubs than most fans, but this one was pretty bad even by my standards. Viz has not set a very good track record as far as dubs go...

They're also apparently showing Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo on CN now too, which is mind-boggling to me. I first saw it about a year ago and it was about the strangest thing I had ever seen - way too esoteric for these shores - and now it's in the Toonami block? I have no idea what's going on.

IndyToad
A brilliant line of dialogue

Suaveness
09-17-2005, 12:39 AM
As far as manga goes, Bleach AND Naruto are getting DAMN good.

Kstat
09-17-2005, 12:50 AM
anybody know where the hell I can find the tenjho tenge manga? I refuse to buy DC's *******ized release.

indytoad
09-17-2005, 01:10 AM
anybody know where the hell I can find the tenjho tenge manga? I refuse to buy DC's *******ized release.

I looked around and it seems like the only place that was hosting them took them down when it got licensed... With all the uproar over the editing you'd think someone would have put them up somewhere but I couldn't find it.

IndyToad
Just make sure the car door is closed

Kstat
09-26-2005, 04:20 PM
Bought DVD 2 of Genshiken this week.

This series is amazingly funny. There is so much Otaku humor in it.

Also, the Kujibiki unbalance bonus eps are just as funny, only different.

I think every possible Otaku hobby is delved into at one point or another. Games, anime, conventions, doujinshi, model building, posters, etc.

Kstat
10-05-2005, 12:06 AM
finally saw advent children today.

WOW. Finally someone figured out how to turn an RPG into a movie. Awesome show.

Cancel
10-06-2005, 02:39 PM
Wow. I've been a lurker here for around 2 years now, and I never noticed that a few of you were such big anime/manga fans. I just came here for Pacers stuff.

I've been getting drawn into the world of anime more and more since I started studying Japanese last year. I don't read any manga, though I bought a couple books while I was in Toyko over the summer. Akihabara sure is a neat place. If I get to go back next year, I'm going to miss the playoffs for sure... That's seriously the only negative aspect I can think of. Awesome country.

Thanks for all the suggestions on series to watch. Right now I'm working my way through Firefly, thanks to Serenity, but after that I plan on looking into Ruroni Kenshin.

Right now I'm doing well by just keeping current on Naruto and Bleach. I'm looking forward to part two of Naruto I keep hearing about. When do you guys think it will happen? Right now it looks like they're making filler arcs for Naruto to go on some missions with all of the other shinobi groups.

Also, I appreciate you guys not dropping huge spoilers in here. I'm sure it must be tempting to talk about it all.

Suaveness
10-06-2005, 09:28 PM
The filler arcs help to keep the anime behind the manga. As for when, who knows, I only hope that it's soon. I'm sick of these arcs, and I'm not really watching them too much. But yes, part two is amazing, to say the least. It's great, and I suggest you read the manga. It's well worth it.

Rurouni Kenshin is really long, but one of my favorites and one of the best ever. It's such an awesome sword fighting anime, and great storyline until about ep 60 or so. The last 30 or so eps kinda drags, but does have some good scenes. Well worth it. And glad to see another anime fan.

indytoad
10-06-2005, 10:42 PM
The filler arcs help to keep the anime behind the manga. As for when, who knows, I only hope that it's soon. I'm sick of these arcs, and I'm not really watching them too much. But yes, part two is amazing, to say the least. It's great, and I suggest you read the manga. It's well worth it.

Heh, I haven't even watched the last ten episodes or so. The huge drop-off between the actual story and the filler episodes is kinda puzzling, but it leaves me almost entirely disinterested. I really can't wait to see the most recent manga battle in animated form though - it'll be pretty sweet.

IndyToad
Fun for everyone

Suaveness
10-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Heh, I haven't even watched the last ten episodes or so. The huge drop-off between the actual story and the filler episodes is kinda puzzling, but it leaves me almost entirely disinterested. I really can't wait to see the most recent manga battle in animated form though - it'll be pretty sweet.

IndyToad
Fun for everyone

Yeah that shoudl definitely be good. I'm curious to know what is going to happen now that 2 are gone. I havent read 158 yet, so i don't know.

Kstat
10-07-2005, 12:56 AM
Rurouni Kenshin is really long, but one of my favorites and one of the best ever. It's such an awesome sword fighting anime, and great storyline until about ep 60 or so. The last 30 or so eps kinda drags, but does have some good scenes. Well worth it. And glad to see another anime fan.

If you ever get the chance, read the final, un-animated arc of Kenshin, the "Jinchuu" arc.

Best arc of the series, IMO. Outstanding. You havent truly completed the series until you read it.

Suaveness
10-07-2005, 01:01 AM
If you ever get the chance, read the final, un-animated arc of Kenshin, the "Jinchuu" arc.

Best arc of the series, IMO. Outstanding. You havent truly completed the series until you read it.

Are you saying that this is even better than the Shishio arc?

Kstat
10-07-2005, 01:01 AM
Also, finally finished Genshiken. Quality series, id recoomend it to anyone that can call themselves an otaku.

Kstat
10-07-2005, 01:04 AM
Are you saying that this is even better than the Shishio arc?

Some elements of it are, yes. It's a lot more personal.

The developments of the lesser characters are apparent, too. It ties up all the loose ends left in the "prequil" that takes place in the meiji revolution of the 1860's.

Yahiko's transformation from apprintace to master is fun to watch.

You also get a DIFINITIVE ending to the series, where everything wraps up nicely, and you dont feel like you missed out on anything.

Suaveness
10-07-2005, 01:15 AM
Then I definitely have to read that. Somehow I need to find the manga online somewhere....

Kstat
10-07-2005, 08:30 PM
Then I definitely have to read that. Somehow I need to find the manga online somewhere....

Actually, the first 2 volumes of the Jinchuu arc (18 and 19) have already been released by Viz.

Kstat
10-16-2005, 10:52 PM
Bleach>>>>>>>>>>>Naruto.

It's not even close.

I'm completely hooked on this series.

indytoad
10-16-2005, 11:32 PM
Bleach>>>>>>>>>>>Naruto.

It's not even close.

That's the second time I've been told that. Pretty high marks - maybe I should finally watch those Bleach episodes I downloaded forever ago.

IndyToad
Thanks Senor Clean!

Suaveness
10-17-2005, 12:33 AM
Bleach>>>>>>>>>>>Naruto.

It's not even close.

I agree totally. Naruto is good in the beginning, and it's fine in the manga, but these fillers have completely lost me.

But Bleach, man oh man, is it awesome. I'm reading the manga, but I still love watching the anime. When Renji is on the ground, and it flashes back and forth between him and Ichigo, now that is an amazing moment, especially when he tells that he swore to his soul.

And is Zaraki the biggest badass ever or what? He is just great.

And the manga is amazing, what can I say? I can't wait to see how much stronger Ichigo gets.

Kstat
10-17-2005, 01:07 AM
Can we agree that bleach just has the coolest looking characters in anime history? Not a stupid looking character in the bunch, and there's a ton of them.

Suaveness
10-17-2005, 01:43 AM
Oh definitely. There isn't one character I don't like. No annoying people like Sakura or the Konohamaru Corps. Just pure awesomeness. They're just so badass. Byakuya, Kenpachi, Ichigo, Yoruichi, etc etc. Damn amazing stuff. And fun style of sword fighting/Kidou.

Blizz
10-18-2005, 12:14 AM
Also, finally finished Genshiken. Quality series, id recoomend it to anyone that can call themselves an otaku.

Agree. This is the anime or manga to watch if you want to understand and know more about "otaku".

nowaday, lots of ppl and even the media just misunderstand what "otaku" really mean. The sad part is even some of the ACG fans don't really understand the term and think they are "otaku".

Cancel
10-21-2005, 04:30 PM
There was a note at the beginning of the DB release of Naruto 156 that said the studio that makes the anime (forgot the name) says the rest of this season will be filler. That would mean around 23 more weeks of filler! Is this true? I just about lost it watching 156.

Suaveness
10-21-2005, 08:06 PM
Well there is going to be another filler with the Konohamaru corps from what I've heard. I've pretty much stopped watching Naruto until it starts the Kakashi mini arc. The manga and Bleach are taking care of me.

Kstat
10-21-2005, 11:15 PM
No kidding. I havent watched any Naruto anime in months. I refuse to watch their filler crap.

indytoad
10-22-2005, 02:10 PM
Remember when we thought it was only going to be a couple weeks of filler? Ugh.

Anyone seen Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi? I've been watching that one recently, it's a lot of fun.

IndyToad
Way behind

Suaveness
10-22-2005, 02:22 PM
Well, apparently there are going to be filler eps in Naruto until Spring. So the next season, 27 eps, are all fillers. Retarded.

Kstat
10-22-2005, 05:14 PM
Oh well, their loss. Bleach has blown by them.

Kstat
10-29-2005, 05:00 PM
just finished reading chapter 201 of bleach.....wow. Where did THAT come from?

Rukkia's "Sode No Sirayuki" is badass....

who knew she had such a powerful zanpakto? What seat do you think she is?

I think it's a pretty solid bet that she'll be Ukitake's vice captain of squad #13 eventually....she certainly has the potential.

Kstat
01-30-2006, 01:08 PM
So, is anybody else here an AMV addict?

indytoad
01-30-2006, 10:55 PM
Not so much anymore. A couple years ago I was, but there're so many crummy ones you have to wade through to find anything good, I don't think it's really worth my time.

A friend of mine did send me this (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4617058655744059141) a couple days ago, which is one of the coolest AMVs I've seen in a while.

IndyToad
Easily resolved by match bullets

Kstat
01-30-2006, 11:56 PM
Not so much anymore. A couple years ago I was, but there're so many crummy ones you have to wade through to find anything good, I don't think it's really worth my time.

A friend of mine did send me this (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4617058655744059141) a couple days ago, which is one of the coolest AMVs I've seen in a while.

IndyToad
Easily resolved by match bullets

I remember that one from the AX 2004 AMV finals.

You're right, there are so many thousands of AMVs on AMV.org nowadays, it's impossible to weed out the really good ones.

That said, the best way to find the best AMVs is to go to a con or two and see the AMV finals. Only the very best AMVs each year make it.

The coveted humor/satire category is almost like watching commercials during the superbowl. The creativity is insane.

I'd reccomend any of the "ninja of the night" series, as they are very short by insanely funny. In keeping eith the naruto theme, "real ninjas" is another outstanding comedy AMV.

For the absolute mecca of AMVs, check out amvhell.com. I strongly reccomend AMV Hell 1, and strongly do not reccomend AMV Hell 2.

AMV Hell 3 is 70 minutes of AMV randomness. It's simply amazing.

Kstat
05-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Recently got a copy of the anime fanparody, S.T.E.A.M. worth its weight in gold.

Kstat
06-23-2006, 10:27 PM
I recently started a new series:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Very funny and refreshing anime. I highly reccomend it to someone looking to try somethign different.

Suaveness
06-23-2006, 11:01 PM
afk is the one fansubbing it?

Kstat
06-23-2006, 11:20 PM
afk is the one fansubbing it?

Yeah. Other groups have tried their hand but afk is the one that has followed it all the way through.

The ending video is so addicting.

Suaveness
06-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Are you reading the Naruto/Bleach manga?

Kstat
06-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Are you reading the Naruto/Bleach manga?

Yeah, but haven't watched any anime in months. Needed soemhing new to watch.

Suaveness
06-24-2006, 04:15 PM
Yeah, but haven't watched any anime in months. Needed soemhing new to watch.

You haven't missed anything regarding anime, it's ridiculous anyway.

I'm curious to see how Kakashi plans on shortening the learning time for the new Naruto move. I was thinking it could possibly be with the help of Mangekyou Sharingan, but otherwise I don't know.

Bleach has been really fun to read. Ichigo's transformation is nice, but Grimmjow hasn't transformed yet, and by that time Ichigo's going to run out of hollow time.

Kstat
06-24-2006, 04:19 PM
You haven't missed anything regarding anime, it's ridiculous anyway.

I'm curious to see how Kakashi plans on shortening the learning time for the new Naruto move. I was thinking it could possibly be with the help of Mangekyou Sharingan, but otherwise I don't know.

Bleach has been really fun to read. Ichigo's transformation is nice, but Grimmjow hasn't transformed yet, and by that time Ichigo's going to run out of hollow time.

Yeah, the manga has been steady, I just refuse to watch filler.

BTW, GunXSword is a good series for Trigun fans, and Ergo Proxy looks awesome in the little I've watched. The animation alone is incredible.

Suaveness
06-25-2006, 09:45 PM
Ergo Proxy looks pretty interesting, a new kind of premise for an anime (or one I know of). Shinsen is doing it?

Kstat
06-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Among others, yeah.

Suaveness
06-28-2006, 01:51 AM
I just watching episode 1 of Meloncholy. Weird....

Kstat
06-28-2006, 11:31 AM
I just watching episode 1 of Meloncholy. Weird....

What you really saw was episode 11.

The episodes get shown in jumbled order, pulp-fiction style.

Thankfully, episodes 1 and 2 will be shown the next 2 episodes.

Suaveness
06-28-2006, 02:20 PM
What you really saw was episode 11.

The episodes get shown in jumbled order, pulp-fiction style.

Thankfully, episodes 1 and 2 will be shown the next 2 episodes.

It's supposed to be like that? That is quite funny actually...

Kstat
06-28-2006, 03:38 PM
It's supposed to be like that? That is quite funny actually...

so far here are the episodes, followed by the ACTUAL number that they would have appeared in if the series was shown in chronological order:

1. (11)
2. (1)
3. (2)
4. (7)
5. (3)
6. (9)
7. (8)
8. (10)
9. (14)
10. (4)
11. (13)
12. (12)
13. (5)
14. (6)

Suaveness
06-30-2006, 07:15 PM
Ergo is pretty crazy. But exciting

Suaveness
07-09-2006, 10:47 PM
so far here are the episodes, followed by the ACTUAL number that they would have appeared in if the series was shown in chronological order:

1. (11)
2. (1)
3. (2)
4. (7)
5. (3)
6. (9)
7. (8)
8. (10)
9. (14)
10. (4)
11. (13)
12. (12)
13. (5)
14. (6)

So are there only 14 total?

Kstat
07-09-2006, 10:59 PM
So are there only 14 total?

Unfortuntely, yes.

Suaveness
07-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Well it was quite good. I really did like how they had the order of the episodes shown, it really flowed well.

Naruto/Bleach manga have gotten good. Wind manipulation makes sense considering the Rasengan and all, and it was quite interesting to see that Jounin can combine 2 different types. Should be fun to see what Naruto comes up with. Also, I really enjoyed the conversation between Asuma and Shikamaru. Seems as though Asuma might die now, considering he's one of the 12 "guardians", not to mention he just mentioned himself as a pawn.

I'm not sure how the people in Bleach plan on beating these Arrankar, because they just look kinda weak comparatively. Only Urahara had no trouble, and Hitsugaya barely got by. Ichigo's useless without the mask, and Inoue is in trouble. (I havent read the latest chapter yet, though)

Ron who?
07-21-2006, 11:37 AM
I know i might seem like an idiot but.. whats amv?

Suaveness
07-21-2006, 01:10 PM
anime music video. They use songs along with snippets of various anime clips.

Ron who?
07-21-2006, 01:13 PM
o ok i get it

Kstat
07-22-2006, 03:47 AM
www.animemusicvideos.org
----------------------------------------------------------
Either Suave or Indytoad planning on otakon this summer?

Suaveness
07-22-2006, 07:34 AM
Once again, no go on Otakon. Sigh, one year....

Kstat
07-22-2006, 05:05 PM
I'll write a report, as always.

Suaveness
07-23-2006, 10:58 PM
Ok, confused a bit. For those who read the latest Bleach manga, did Inoue get captured or not? I figured that's the point of the mission, but the last picture looks like the pathway still.

Suaveness
07-27-2006, 06:36 PM
So it looks as though Inoue hasnt been capture, but I havent read it yet.

Naruto looks so much better now, especially since there was 19 pages this time. It's nice to see Asuma help Naruto out a bit. And I'm curious about the 20 squads or whatever that's been assembled, and whether or not they have any chance against Akatsuki (somehow I doubt this, but we shall see). The 3 tail Jinchuuriki is pretty sweet, but if the other ones easily fell to Akatsuki, I don't see how this one will get out of it. It makes me a bit curious about Naruto really. Will they eventually get him?

Because, honestly, I don't see Naruto getting stronger than them, especially Itachi. Though, of course, the Sasuke/Oro combi might be able to take Itachi out. There's 9 left I believe (and we still haven't met the so-called leader).Sasori's dead, but that took a lot of effort for that. Tsunade and Jiraiya might be able to beat some more, but eventually it's gonna have to come down to Naruto. This new Nature manipulation stuff should be fun to watch.

Kstat
07-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Odd that Asuma has suddenly been made out to be a major character.....

Kstat
07-28-2006, 11:23 AM
The Panels for Otakon wer released today:

The more interesting ones I bolded:

Industry Panels
Ayako Kawasui
DBZ Movie 13 Premiere
FMA Voice Actor Documentary
Fullmetal Alchemist Movie Premiere
Geneon Hellsing Ultimate Premiere
Kazuto Nakazawa
Kouta Hirano
Little Gamers
Madhouse
Makoto Tateno
Megatokyo
MUCC
Nana Kitade
Nana Kitade Fashion Show
Nobuteru Yuki
Voice Acting: Naruto
Voice Actors: Uncut
Voice Actors (for dubs)
Yoshiki

General Panels
4Chan.org
A Beginners' Look at Asian Ball Jointed Dolls
A discussion on the appeal of the anonymous BBS
A Foreigner's Guide to Surviving Comic Market
A Perspective on Shoot 'em Up's
ADR Direction
ADV Industry Panel
ADV Peek and Greet
ADV Ultimate Fanservice
All Your Toy Are Belong to Us
Alternative Hentai
Anime & Philosophy
Anime Fan Club Summit 2006
Anime Name That Tune
Anime News Network
Anime Parliament
Anime Poster Session
AnimeNation / AN Entertainment
AnimeNewsNetwork
Basilisk Premier Panel
Blood Premier Panel
Broccoli Intl, USA
Copyright Law for Artist
s Cosplay Netiquette & Con Cosplay Behavior
Dating and Romance in Anime
Dating Sim and ADV
Desktop Arcade: Episode III
Digital Fansubbing
Digital Manga Publishing
Digital Manga Publishing: June
Don't be an Otakon Idiot: Otakon Survival Guide
Doujinshi (Fan Comics) and other Doujin genres
Evangelion Panel
Fanfiction: Succeed or Die Writing
FFvsKBB: FAQS, WTFS, and BBQS (A Comprehensive Panel)
From Phantasia to Tempest
Frugal Otaku
Funigirls Panel
Funimation Industry Panel
Gaia Online
Gaming in Japan
Gatherine of Cosplay Elders
Geneon Industry Panel
Gothic and Lolita in America
Great Teacher Largo
Hentai Doujinshi (18+), Doujin Games (18+) and Dating Sim (18+)
Hentai-a-Go-Go
History of Gainax
History of Yaoi
How Anime Comes to America
How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse
I Can't Believe You Haven't Seen This!
Intro to Studio 4C
Japanese Street Fashion
Japanese Street Musicians
Japanese Wrestling
J-indie Rock
Kadokawa Pictures
Kevin & Kell
Lunar Panel
Make-up Artistry 101 for Cosplayers
Mecha Trivia Game Show
Metal Gear Fan Panel Part 2
Mobile Suit Gundam
Moonphase Premier Panel
Negima Premier Panel
Old school anime and its impact on the industry
Online RPGs
Otakorp, Otakon, and You.
Otaku Culture and Trend in Japan
Overclocked Remix
Podcasting and Internet Radio
Podcasting the Right Stuf
Right Stuf Industry Panel
Romance 101: A Beginner's Guide to Ren'ai Gaming
Science in Anime
Sci-Fi in Webcomics: the Hard Sell
Score Entertainment Fan Appreciation
Senshicon
Sentai Panel
Sharvonique's Guide to Coloring Characters in Flash
Shoot'em Up panel.
Silent Hill: Here and There
Studio Ghibli
Takarazuka Revue
The Aka Ryuu Chronicles
The CrossWorld Saga
The Demoscene
The Prominence of the Visual Novel PC Game Amongst Japanese Otaku
The State of Fandom: Just where the Heck is this Sub-culture going?
The Ultimate Hellsing Ultimate Panel of Ultimateness
The Yaoi Panel... and YOU
Tofu Records
Transformers, Japanese & American, Past & Future
Webcomics
Wolf's Rain Pack Panel
WTB?WTF
Yaoi: What’s new in the industry
Your favorite anime sucks
Yuri Panel

Suaveness
07-29-2006, 10:55 AM
Poor Inoue, being dragged to a place she doesn't want to go to. She could probably warn the others, but feels as though she needs to go otherwise the arrankar would kill the others. It's too bad.

Kstat
07-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Otakon schedule is up....

http://www.otakon.com/pdf/schedule-2006.pdf

Damn good programming selection this year.

Looking forward to the premire of hellsing unlimited, as well as fate-stay night.

AMV finals, fanparodies and masquerade are always a must.

I'd attend the Viz panel and ask what they plan to do with Bleach, but there won't be a Viz panel....again....

indytoad
07-30-2006, 11:39 PM
Your favorite anime sucks

Saw this show at ACen (and a couple other places), was fun. A friend of mine knows the guy that organizes it, he's pretty cool. I can also say I don't think I've seen anyone throw an anime at him he wasn't familiar with.

IndyToad
Going to the bathroom

Kstat
07-31-2006, 12:11 AM
Sounds like fun. I'll see if I can't check it out.

Suaveness
08-07-2006, 01:03 PM
How was otakon?

As for Bleach, man it has to suck for Ichigo. I wonder if he'll turn to the vaizards or Urahara for help.

Kstat
08-07-2006, 01:10 PM
typing out the report as we speak.

Suaveness
08-08-2006, 10:14 AM
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/948/1155009407580us6.jpg

Yay

Suaveness
08-14-2006, 04:56 PM
Looks like the end of the fillers is in sight! It looks liek the Kakashi Gaiden will start at 200, and Part 2 starts at 205!

So that means 1 more month of fillers. Thank goodness.

indytoad
09-11-2006, 11:47 PM
Got some fanart printed in Newtype. I think that takes care of my 15 seconds of fame.

https://oncourse.iu.edu/access/content/user/nasbeck/Filemanager_Public_Files/newtypeftw.jpg

Here's a rediculously large version. You can see how much they darkened it.

Seriously, it's giganormous. (https://oncourse.iu.edu/access/content/user/nasbeck/Filemanager_Public_Files/rodtvsmall.jpg)

IndyToad
Drink the antifreeze in the garage

Kstat
09-14-2006, 06:07 PM
Looks like the end of the fillers is in sight! It looks liek the Kakashi Gaiden will start at 200, and Part 2 starts at 205!

So that means 1 more month of fillers. Thank goodness.

liar.

Suaveness
09-15-2006, 01:42 AM
liar.

Yeah, I'm kinda pissed too. Stupid *******s.

Kstat
10-20-2006, 03:53 PM
RIP Asuma. You will be missed.

indytoad
10-21-2006, 04:34 PM
This (www.afrosamurai.com/) is the coolest thing since pirates vs. ninjas.

IndyToad
Always flipping out and killing people

Kstat
02-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Naruto Shippuuden= :cloud9:

Eindar
02-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Ok, so how many of you are going to Gen Con for anime this summer? They've got programming going in 5 rooms for 4 days straight 8am-??? (around 2 am if I remember).

Kstat
02-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Sorry. I'm an Otakon man. I'll be back for the 6th consecutive summer this year.

And for some reason, star wars geeks creep me out, whereas Otaku don't really bother me.

(disclaimer. Fan Boys looks like the funniest movie of the year)

Eindar
02-19-2007, 06:33 PM
Sorry. I'm an Otakon man. I'll be back for the 6th consecutive summer this year.

And for some reason, star wars geeks creep me out, whereas Otaku don't really bother me.

(disclaimer. Fan Boys looks like the funniest movie of the year)

For you, it's understandable, as it's likely a plane trip and a hotel stay either way.

But for locals:

Otakon = Baltimore
Gen Con = Indianapolis

And what's funny is, Star Wars geeks are otaku, they're just focused on Star Wars instead of Anime, models, or manga, or computers.

FYI, this year's Gen Con will also feature a section devoted to video games. Apparently they're trying to steal some of the advertising dollars that E3 decided they didn't want.

EDIT: for the record, I want to see Comiket one time before I die :)

Kstat
02-19-2007, 06:59 PM
And what's funny is, Star Wars geeks are otaku, they're just focused on Star Wars instead of Anime, models, or manga, or computers.

I never said they weren't similar to Otaku. I simply said I was more comfortable around one.

Eindar
02-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Am I wierd for not caring much about the Cartoon Network anime? I can't seem to get into shows that I can't start on episode #1 and watch them in order. For instance, I really liked Samurai Champloo, but I waited until I could get the disks from Netflix as opposed to trying to "catch up" via reruns.

Is the secret to jump on it from episode 1 and never miss an episode, or what? I don't have Tivo, so that might be rough :(

P.S.: Watch Genshiken. Best anime I've ever seen. Season 2 should be out in about a year.

Kstat
02-19-2007, 10:50 PM
I saw Genshiken way back when it came out. The first OAV was great also.

PS I could care less about CN.

Suaveness
10-03-2007, 06:40 PM
This thread has been lonely. So, guys, anything worth watching now? I'm only watching Naruto/Bleach, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kstat
10-03-2007, 10:26 PM
Witchblade looks really good.

Suaveness
10-17-2007, 01:40 AM
What about shows that have just recently come out? I know it hasn't been long. The second season of Genshiken has started, so I'm looking forward to that. Anything else?

Kstat
10-17-2007, 01:42 AM
Genshiken, season 2. Really all I'm watching currently.

I might check to see if there's anything new creating a buzz over Youmacon weekend.

Eindar
10-17-2007, 02:11 AM
If we're talking about stuff that's been released here in the States, I really enjoyed the first volume of Kurau Phantom Memory.

Suaveness
10-17-2007, 03:19 AM
Night Wizard the Animation and Gundam 00 caught my eye as new ones, though not sure if 00 is anything like Seed/Destiny. Probably won't try these, but we'll see I guess

Suaveness
12-27-2007, 12:06 AM
Been watching Clannad and Myself Yourself. M/Y has been really good as far as plot twists are concerned, and Clannad has a very odd humor at times, kinda like Haruhi.

Also, they're coming out with a AMG special (3 eps) and a Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien OVA (also 3 eps). The Kiminozo is supposed to be an alternate ending of the anime, as you have the option in the game itself.

Suaveness
01-05-2008, 01:12 AM
New series for winter....watching H2o-footprints in the sand, and rosario to vampire. They look somewhat interesting.

Has anyone seen Code Geass? I'm getting it now, but haven't seen it yet. I heard it was very good.

Also was trying to get to watch the Genshiken OVAs, which are on the Fujibiki Unbalance dvds, which I can't really find on sub. It's pretty much a 3 episode ova inbetween the two Genshiken series. I think there's about 10-15 chps of the manga which they haven't translated to anime yet...wonder if they'll do it (they should to tie up loose ends as far as Sasa x Ogi)

Suaveness
01-11-2008, 12:15 AM
Ahh! We've got to keep this going!

Well Rosario+Vampire was pretty funny for the first episode, though I think it wasn't as lighthearted in the manga. H20 was also pretty decent.

Code Geass was really good. Just finished watching it, and man what a plot twist at the end...

Season two will air this spring; I cannot wait for it. I noticed as I was watching that it bears a striking resemblance to Gundam Seed...though I do believe it's the same team. Man, Lelouch is one bad dude

Suaveness
03-08-2008, 03:14 AM
Well someone's gotta keep posting here...

Rosario+Vampire has been mostly laid back, but the most recent episode finally took serious turn. If they had done that in the first place it might have been even better.

H20 I can't quite get a grasp on. It's frustrating at times, but other times it's quite enjoyable. I still don't quite know what direction they are taking this.

Clannad has become one of my favorite animes ever. I absolutely love the humor, and the progression of the romance in it is really...I don't know, perfect in my eyes. Just a great series. It's sad that there's only 4 episodes left.

Eindar
03-08-2008, 03:18 AM
I watched the first two volumes of Welcome to the NHK recently, I really liked it. I'm starting on FLCL tonight :)

Suaveness
04-27-2008, 11:24 PM
New season of anime started about a month ago. What I'm watching:

Code Geass R2: How could I not watch it. If you haven't watched Code Geass, I seriously recommend you do so. Absolutely awesome series. Season 2 looks to be just a fun so far.

Kamen no Maid Guy: A funny series about a girl who is about to turn 18 and inherit a fortune, and so her gfather hires a guy to protect her, who happens to be this crazy male maid guy. Just wacky and fun

Special A: Series about a grp of students called Special A who are the top 10 students of their school...the elite. It's about the 2nd ranked girl and her constant attempts to beat the number 1 guy. A bit of a romance it seems as though too.

Soul Eater: Looks to be really stylized and entertaining. About shinigami, but different than Bleach. Probably my 2nd fav new show this season.

Kstat
04-28-2008, 02:27 AM
I've been meaning to get into R+V...

Coming to Otakon this year, Suave?

Suaveness
04-28-2008, 12:07 PM
You better believe it. Just need to book airline tickets.

I'll probably talk to you a bit more come June, when I have more time. Also have to make a costume. Not really sure yet how to make Tousen's hair...haha.

R+V is a better manga than anime, from what I've heard. But it started getting better towards the end, and there was a 2nd season announced for it.

Kstat
05-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Not sure how much time I'll have in June, since I'll be in the process of re-locating to the east coast.

Have you read <i>Rubbers 7</i> yet?

I figured, since you were such a big prince of tennis fan....

Kstat
07-11-2008, 01:20 AM

Soul eater...so far I really like it. Stylish and catchy.

Suaveness
07-11-2008, 12:49 PM
I love Soul Eater...it's definitely stylish. I just wish Rumbel would sub a little faster...

Otakon is a month away. Anybody other than Kstat or I going? The more the merrier

Suaveness
08-05-2008, 12:04 AM
Hey K...do you have the links to the other Otakon threads you made? I can't seem to find them

Suaveness
01-31-2009, 04:13 PM

Anything new fellas?

Current series:

Asu no Yoichi- young man trained in martial arts in the mountains comes down to the city to stay with 4 girls who seem to be into martial arts as well. Seems like a general comedy with the usual elements to it, so far nothing original, but still rather fun

Maria+Holic- a little behind on this one, but a girl goes to a new private school, and she is hoping to find a new love there since her parents were in love there too. However, it's an all-girls school, and there's some great comedy so far.

Ride Back- best new series of the season. Story is around Ogata Rin, who is the daughter of a renowned ballet dance. She is also a terrific dance, but suffers an injury that doesn't allow her to dance. However, she runs into a RideBack group who make Ride Backs, which are essentially motorcycles with arms. She takes a ride and feels completely at home. There is a quite a bit of political overtone to this as well, since these Ride Backs are playing a role with some resistance movement. Definitely well done and looking forward to the rest.

White Album- a really intersting love triangle anime. Fuji is going out with Yuki, who has now become an idol. However, things seem to be a bit hazy, and they don't really seem to connect. Rina, another idol, seems to have an interest in Fuji. It's got an unique pace to it, and makes use of texted thoughts on the screen, which is interesting.

I'm also still following Soul Eater, and it's gotten quite interesting. I think they're up to 42 episodes now.

Also continuing Clannad After Story. It's taking a very sad turn, but still interesting as ever.

As for manga, Naruto continues be absolutely terrific. This week's chapter was awesome, and Naruto really seems to be getting smarter with his fighting techniques. Bleach is just plodding along.

Suaveness
04-10-2009, 11:22 PM
So, the last season was pretty underwhelming. AnY was decent as was RideBack and White Album, but nothing was great other than Clannad. Soul Eater's ending could have been done better in my opinion.

This season, however, seems to have a lot of promising new series. I'm currently trying to decide what to watch, but it's really difficult. I have about 12 possible series I might follow. Yikes.

The definite ones to watch:

FMA: Brotherhood: The new FMA series, and one that is going to follow the manga rather than divert like the original series did. Should be darker which is always good. The first episode showed a lot of the old characters. Mustang's new VA wasn't bad (guy who does Urahara from Naruto), but I do miss the old one.

K-ON!: Total WIN. If you've watched Haruhi and Lucky Star (and if you haven't, go watch them now), then you'll love this one. In fact, after 2 episodes, it seems as though it will surpass LS. Series is about a group of 4 girls who form a light music band at their school. One of them (Yui) hasn't really done much with her life (a bit airy), so she has no musical knowledge at all. But it's hilarious to watch them interact. Go watch this.

Cross Game: the manga was supposed to be very good, and the first episode did not disappoint. This baseball series has the potential to be good

Basquash!: A mecha basketball series, it also looks good. Entertaining characters so far

The others I'm likely to watch (at least most of): Guin Saga (great visuals), Shangri-La (also looks great, interesting political themes with crazy strong female lead), Tears to Tiara (demon is awoken...that's all I know so far..but looks good), Saki (group that plays Mahjong...weird, yes, but Hikaru no Go was one of the best anime series ever), Pandora Hearts (horror type fantasy thing...dont know much yet), Valkyria Chronicles (based off a PS3 game...though it's nothing great), Eden of the East (I haven't watched an episode yet, but I've heard it's a much watch series...looks hilarious), and Hatsukoi Limited (airs sunday, also looks great)

Kstat
04-22-2009, 11:28 AM
I can't wait to see basquash.

indytoad
04-23-2009, 02:08 AM
Okay, so, I could use a little help.

Due to a number of reasons, mainly time, I've been pretty far out of the anime loop for a couple years (I think the most recent thing I've seen was The Melancholy of Hyundai Mitsubishi, or whatever). Are there any MUST SEE!! anime that've come out in the last couple years that I should make time out to see?

Suaveness
04-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Suzumiya Haruhi that is ;)

If you liked Haruhi, then I would watch Lucky Star. And also K-ON!, which is out now and of the same mold as Haruhi and LS (in my opinion, so far, it's even funnier than those 2). The new FMA should be good certainly. Code Geass is definitely entertaining, especially the first season. Soul eater was mostly good, though the ending was so-so. But still worth watching. I'm a huge fan of Clannad, but it's a romantic comedy, if you aren't into that. Certainly Genshiken was good.

Those were the ones I enjoyed the most recently (the ones I can think of anyway).

The shows for this season are terrific so far. Basquash, Cross Game are both great. FMA is more fast paced than the original, and I'm assuming that's the way it is in the manga, as this is supposed to hold truer. Hatsukoi Limited is funny too, as is Eden of the East. Honestly, I don't know what to do, there are way too many new shows to watch.

indytoad
04-25-2009, 12:36 AM
Suzumiya Haruhi that is ;)

If you liked Haruhi, then I would watch Lucky Star. And also K-ON!, which is out now and of the same mold as Haruhi and LS (in my opinion, so far, it's even funnier than those 2). The new FMA should be good certainly. Code Geass is definitely entertaining, especially the first season. Soul eater was mostly good, though the ending was so-so. But still worth watching. I'm a huge fan of Clannad, but it's a romantic comedy, if you aren't into that. Certainly Genshiken was good.

Those were the ones I enjoyed the most recently (the ones I can think of anyway).

The shows for this season are terrific so far. Basquash, Cross Game are both great. FMA is more fast paced than the original, and I'm assuming that's the way it is in the manga, as this is supposed to hold truer. Hatsukoi Limited is funny too, as is Eden of the East. Honestly, I don't know what to do, there are way too many new shows to watch.

I did like Haruhi, quite a bit in fact. I'll have to check out K-ON! So is the new FMA a retelling, or what? I might be down for that. Saw an episode of Code Geass, it seemed decent. And I saw half an episode of Soul Eater - had the same feel as Bleach and Naruto. Is it the next big shonen anime? Can you give me any more details on Clannad? I might like it; I'm usually about 50/50 on romcom anime (which is much better than my ratio for American movie romcoms), but if I like one, I usually like it a lot.

Anyway, thanks, should keep me set for a little while.

Suaveness
04-25-2009, 12:51 AM
I did like Haruhi, quite a bit in fact. I'll have to check out K-ON! So is the new FMA a retelling, or what? I might be down for that. Saw an episode of Code Geass, it seemed decent. And I saw half an episode of Soul Eater - had the same feel as Bleach and Naruto. Is it the next big shonen anime? Can you give me any more details on Clannad? I might like it; I'm usually about 50/50 on romcom anime (which is much better than my ratio for American movie romcoms), but if I like one, I usually like it a lot.

Anyway, thanks, should keep me set for a little while.

K-ON! is a bit different than Haruhi and is closer to Lucky Star, but the characters are pretty funny. All 3 series are done by Kyoto Animation, so you can see the similarities, and they've done them well. The cast is all female, but I've enjoyed it so far.

The new FMA is supposed to follow the manga directly. The original series followed the manga for awhile, but then I believe it veered off about halfway through. This is supposed to stick with it closer, and so it will probably be darker, though there's been a good balance of comedy so far.

Code Geass has its ups and downs. The intrigue of the show is Lelouch's creative mind, which is more apparent in the first season. It's worth watching if you have the time.

Soul eater was certainly a good shounen anime, though it lasted only 52 episodes rather than the ridiculously long Naruto/Bleach. It also strayed away from the manga, but I still thought it was mostly interesting, though I wasn't happy with the ending. Its art style is definitely fun to watch.

Clannad is one of my favorite series. It's based on a visual novel, but they did a really good job with it. It's got a great balance of comedy and seriousness. The link here shows a synopsis, but you'll really enjoy the characters, and I think it has terrific character development. There are a ton of female characters, but the 3 main male characters are all hilarious. Clannad and Clannad After Story (sequel) were a joy.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=7809

For those series, I'd certainly watch an episode of each. Of course, my tastes aren't necessarily yours, but hopefully you enjoy these.

Kstat
04-25-2009, 08:48 PM
if you like basketball and anime, Basquash is a must-see. I'm loving it so far.

Suaveness
07-04-2011, 10:54 PM
K, going to Otakon this year? I won't be able to make it this time sadly.

Kstat
07-11-2011, 12:29 PM
K, going to Otakon this year? I won't be able to make it this time sadly.

Yeah, I'll be going yet again.

This will make it 10 in a row.

Suaveness
08-06-2011, 04:07 PM
So, how was it? Anything exciting?