PDA

View Full Version : Re: @NBARumorCentral Teams will be calling the Pacers starting in July./ESPN

Lance George
02-19-2010, 06:39 PM
Darren Collison (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/gamelog?playerId=3973) is averaging 20 & 8 since Chris Paul went down. According to Sham Sports (http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/hornets.jsp) they've got nearly $72M tied up in only 11 players next year. I could see a scenario in the offseason where Collison is used as incentive to get a team to take on Okafor's contract.

The big "what if" is if Collison keeps playing like a stud. If so, I've heard some people suggest New Orleans could move Chris Paul in the offseason. The Hornets are going nowhere, so it may be time to think about a rebuilding. If so, we could offer a great package centered around our pick and an assload of salary relief. Not many teams could offer a package that enticing, and it's perfect for a team looking to rebuild.

Chris Paul
Emeka Okafor (salary dump)

for

Troy Murphy (expiring)
T.J. Ford (expiring)
2010 1st Round Pick (likely no lower than #5)
2012 1st Round Pick

2010-2011 Pacers: Chris Paul - Brandon Rush - Danny Granger - Emeka Okafor - Roy Hibbert

:eek:

A lot of wild speculation, I know, but I don't think it's completely unrealistic. If Collison continues to look great I could see New Orleans, realizing they're going nowhere in a hurry, entertaining offers for Paul and his iffy knee, and as I said, we could put up a pretty damn good one.

Thesterovic
02-19-2010, 08:41 PM
Perhaps we could take Collison instead of Paul if Hornets won't bite.

idioteque
02-20-2010, 03:46 PM
I've been harping for years that signing Peja to that huge contract was crazy.

PacerDude
02-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Throw in other players if needed to make the $$ work. Don't get rid of the picks. Now, using them properly is another story, but you gotta keep the picks.

Young
02-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Honestly if I was the Pacers I wouldn't want to take on Okafor and his contract.

He is a pretty good big man but not worth the money. That trade would put the Pacers right back into a bad financial situation.

Paul would be nice. However lets say the Pacers are in a position to draft John Wall? What about Evan Turner? Do you take Turner and consider AJ Price a part of that "core group" and pencil him in as a starting caliber point guard in the NBA?

OakMoses
02-22-2010, 12:39 AM
Throw in other players if needed to make the $$ work. Don't get rid of the picks. Now, using them properly is another story, but you gotta keep the picks.

Paul, if he recovers from injury and keeps playing the way he has so far in his career, is a hall of fame PG. I wouldn't hesitate for 1 second to give up the #1 pick in this draft for him.

MillerTime
02-22-2010, 04:13 PM
I'd rather keep the 2010 pick and see if we could get Turner and instead trade the 2011 pick. If we manage to get Turner and do this trade, we'll be a top 5 team in the East

CP3/Price
Turner/D Jones
Granger/Rush
Okafor/Hansbrough
Hibbert/S Jones

rexnom
02-23-2010, 06:11 AM
The Hornets aren't trading CP3. They might trade Collison, if you like his potential significantly more than AJ Price who comes at a much lower cost to us.

MillerTime
02-23-2010, 07:32 PM
The Hornets aren't trading CP3. They might trade Collison, if you like his potential significantly more than AJ Price who comes at a much lower cost to us.

Now that I come to think about it, there is no way the Hornets are going to trade arguably the best PG (currently) in the game for cap space and picks. They are going to want an All Star in return

Frostwolf
02-24-2010, 10:56 AM
CP3 and Okafor for Murphy and Dunleavy?

That's even worse a steal than the Pau Gasol and Jamison trades.