is reporting that Charlotte and Chicago have formally agreed upon a trade of

Chicago

Tyrus Thomas

to

Charlotte

Acie Law
Flip Murray
and a 1st pick

Brown got his big for not much in return.

Kstat
02-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Cannot believe they held on to him that long just to deal him away for that.

They held on to him through the Kobe rumors, the Amare rumors, but a mid 1st rounder was too good to pass up?

Speed
02-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Larry Brown will either complete expose him as a headcase or make him an almost allstar caliber player, watch.

Tyrus Thomas has no idea what he's in for.

count55
02-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Tyrus Thomas has no idea what he's in for.

This describes Ty's entire career.

DGPR
02-18-2010, 12:35 PM
We couldn't offer something better than that to get Ty Thomas? NOBODY could offer any better than that??

Kstat
02-18-2010, 12:40 PM
the Pacers could have easily acquired him offering murphy and their 1st round pick, but being that it will be about 10 spots higher, they would be giving up much more value than Charlotte. It may have been the best pick Chicago could find.

90'sNBARocked
02-18-2010, 12:57 PM
[QUOTE=Justin Tyme;961703]Ken Berger
ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/20119740

Chicago

Tyrus Thomas

to

Charlotte

Acie Law
Flip Murray
and a 1st pick

WTF MAN!!!!!!!!!!

WHY THE HELL COULD WE NOT GET INVOLVED IN THOSE TALKS. TRYUS THOMAS WOULD COMPLIMENT HIBBERT BEAUTIFULLY

BIRD DOESNT EVEN TRY , HE IS SO INFATUATED WITH FORIEGN PLAYERS OR UNATHLETIC AMERICAN PLAYERS HE IS DESTROYING THE FRANCHISE!!

no back to your regularly scheduled program

i am physically sick today and am taking the resrt of the day off

bird please leave the whole freakin state your arrogance and poor judgement is going to cost this franchise to move on

yeah good thing we "cleaned house" as its highly evident that Pacer fans are turning out in droves. Look at the great rebuilding plan

for someone who was so quick to let go of Isiah, you have actually done worse

just leave Larry, just move back to where your heart really is BOSTON

90'sNBARocked
02-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Cannot believe they held on to him that long just to deal him away for that.

They held on to him through the Kobe rumors, the Amare rumors, but a mid 1st rounder was too good to pass up?

D'antoni is high on Law

The pick helps and they get relief

but I agree they played themselves

pwee31
02-18-2010, 01:07 PM
As bad of moves that Jordan has made in the past. You have to give the guy credit that he either learns from his mistakes, or attempts to fix the problem.

The Bobcats are become a pretty solid team, whom will likely make the playoffs this year, and is starting to put a decent mix of vets and young talent in place

Granted it could be Larry Brown more then Jordan, but at least Jordan brought in a coach that knows what he wants, and gets the most out of his players

DGPR

Chicago

Tyrus Thomas

to

Charlotte

Acie Law
Flip Murray
and a 1st pick

WTF MAN!!!!!!!!!!

WHY THE HELL COULD WE NOT GET INVOLVED IN THOSE TALKS. TRYUS THOMAS WOULD COMPLIMENT HIBBERT BEAUTIFULLY

BIRD DOESNT EVEN TRY , HE IS SO INFATUATED WITH FORIEGN PLAYERS OR UNATHLETIC AMERICAN PLAYERS HE IS DESTROYING THE FRANCHISE!!

bird please leave the whole freakin state your arrogance and poor judgement is going to cost this franchise to move on

yeah good thing we "cleaned house" as its highly evident that Pacer fans are turning out in droves. Look at the great rebuilding plan

Does it make me a bad person because I laughed out loud at this statement?

Mr. Sobchak
I'm sorry but Ty Thomas sucks at basketball...Plus all he does is ***** and moan about playing time but never does anything about it.

wintermute
02-18-2010, 01:10 PM
the Pacers could have easily acquired him offering murphy and their 1st round pick, but being that it will be about 10 spots higher, they would be giving up much more value than Charlotte. It may have been the best pick Chicago could find.

charlotte's 2010 pick is owed to minnesota, who acquired it from denver in the lawson deal.

so charlotte must have offered their 2012 pick? chicago must really be taking the long view on that one.

Hicks
02-18-2010, 01:12 PM
CHA paid about as much as I would be willing to pay to take a look at Ty Thomas.

And honestly, depending on the circumstances, I'm not sure I'd want him anyway.

Justin Tyme
02-18-2010, 02:00 PM
I knew when I posted this that some would be p***** and others indifferent. It's been reported for weeks that Chicago was going to move Tyrus. Tyrus and Vinnie just didn't get along, and Tyrus wasn't going to make it thru the trade deadline. I was just surprised at what Chicago got for him.... a couple of 30 game expiring players and a late teen 1st pick. Apparently, other GM's weren't enthralled with him. IIRC, Scott Skiles made the comment that "the next time Thomas ran back up the court would be the 1st time he had ever done it."

After seeing the Thomas and the John Salamons trade, Chicago was looking for expirings. Gibson had made Tyrus expendable with his rookie play. Tyrus ought stop and look at the handwriting on the wall if he's planning to have a future. And to think Paxson traded Aldridge for Thomas. That's one he won't forget, or Bulls fans will ever let him forget.

CableKC
02-18-2010, 03:32 PM
I doubt it....the Bulls wanted back ZERO 2010-2011 Salary....even with our lottery pick...that wouldn't have changed their mind. The Bulls...in the end..wanted to clear Thomas' 2010-2011 Salary from the books while getting back something for him. Although Tyrus Thomas' 2010-2011 Salary would have been a qualifying offer.....he made it very clear that he would accept it ( thus making him a RFA ) and therefore showing up on the Bulls 2010-2011 Books. He did this knowing that the Bulls wanted to clear as much 2010-2011 Salary from the books....thus forcing the Bulls to move him this season...which is what he's wanted for the longest time. The Bulls wanted to get something for him...and they got something for him....a late teens 1st round pick...not bad IMHO.

Also....I can see Larry Brown making Tyrus Thomas cry....he's all talent...but very little in the Basketball IQ department.

SoupIsGood
02-18-2010, 03:33 PM
WTF MAN!!!!!!!!!!

All this rage over Ty Thomas? Barf.

The best move Bird probably could've done this deadline is dumping Murphy for an expiring and a pick. Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm not exactly crestfallen that that didn't happen. . . .

90'sNBARocked
02-18-2010, 03:38 PM

The best move Bird probably could've done this deadline is dumping Murphy for an expiring and a pick. Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm not exactly crestfallen that that didn't happen. . . .

I admit it is a little of overreaction

It just hurts soo much to see other teams making moves and

Bird keeps selling paitence

Kind of like a sales manager telling the board of directors , "paitence, we will get our sales up" as he hopes to make it at least one more year

Thesterovic
02-18-2010, 03:57 PM

Chicago

Tyrus Thomas

to

Charlotte

Acie Law
Flip Murray
and a 1st pick

WTF MAN!!!!!!!!!!

I hope your kidding.

Thomas is a piece of garbage that doesn't know how to play basketball with insane athleticism that wants to be a shooting guard. This deal makes no sense, and Charlotte could have gotten an extremely solid player like Larry Sanders, Greg Monroe, Stanley Robinson, or perhaps even Willie Warren. They may be feeling how Washington is feeling now when they traded Rubio for garbage.

Man, they must feel bad. Rubio will be a monster in the NBA, and he's currently 19. I'd let him wait until he's 25 if that means he'll be able to average 8-12 apg. And to think they traded him for Mike Miller and Ryan Gomes. That should make you feel better about Bird. Then, they gave Gilbert the worst contract in NBA history, and traded their two solid players for a bum with a criminal record (Josh Howard), a decent player with no bball IQ (Thornton), and Drew Gooden, who is gone. This should REALLY make you feel good that we at least have a plan, and we're going to go through it, no matter what anyone says. At least we have a direction to go, Washington is stuck at 15-25 wins per season for at least another 2 years. I mean seriously:

Earl Boykins
Mike Miller
Josh Howard
Andray Blatche
Fabricio Oberto

This team might be worse than the Nets. This could be the least talented team in basketball history. On top of that, right now they have a better record than us. They'll probably end up with the #7 pick or so; a nice pick, but not for such a sad team. Come on, you can't feel so bad about management when you have teams like Washington, Charlotte, and PHX screwing everything up every single chance you can possibly be good.

Lance George
02-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Which is Stromile Swift's first four seasons and which is Tyrus Thomas' current career?

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7440/24685183.png

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4255/91155161.png

ToasterBusVIP
02-18-2010, 04:13 PM

Yeah same here. They'll have to do more than get 1 contract worth 11mil off the books next year for 2010-11 to be anything more than the "final year of waiting". Better to hold onto him sometime middle of next season when GMs are breaking down our door to get his expiring contract than shell him out this year for something like Ilgauskas' expiring, which does nothing but save us a little more money for the remainder of this year.

Next year, it's likely we'll be able to parlay Murphy's & Dunleavy's contracts into not just other expirings but real talent that another team can no longer afford.

GO!!!!!
02-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Saturday, Feb. 6
• Chicago suspended forward Tyrus Thomas for one game for conduct detrimental to the team.

http://www.nba.com/news/transactions/2009_10/

Kegboy
02-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Wow.

Brown's gonna chew him up and spit him out. That man is gonna wish he was never born.

vnzla81
02-18-2010, 07:12 PM
even the Bulls could trade this cancer to another team for a 1st round pick:mad:, this makes me wonder if LB is the guy for the job, hell Golden State got a nice deal for SJ too.:censored:

tora tora
02-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Tyrus Thomas makes the Bobcats damn good after watching the game tonight vs Cleveland.

Thesterovic
02-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Wait until he tries to be a point and dribble it up the court, only to have a turnover. Or his best impression of TJ Ford or Tracy McGrady when he dribbles out the shot clock and puts up a bad shot. Or his uncommited defense. Or his bad attitude.

Justin Tyme
02-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Wait until he tries to be a point and dribble it up the court, only to have a turnover. Or his best impression of TJ Ford or Tracy McGrady when he dribbles out the shot clock and puts up a bad shot. Or his uncommited defense. Or his bad attitude.

Ok, then why did Brown want him? I don't see Brown as blind to Tyrus' talent or short comings.

Thesterovic
02-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Ok, then why did Brown want him? I don't see Brown as blind to Tyrus' talent or short comings.

Because Tyrus is a tempting player, and unless if Larry can miraculously change him, he really doesn't have a place in this league. No one will want him. He's a very talented player, but he wants to be a scoring point guard, and he doesn't have the IQ to be the player that people think that he can be. Same with players like JR Smith, John Salmons, Emeka Okafor and TJ Ford. I liked the way he played in the Playoffs, but he often times wants the limelight way too much, and it does him no good.

If Larry Brown can change him I will be pleasantly suprised as I am a fan of the Bobcats.