PDA

View Full Version : Question for the coaching minds: 3 PG rotations

focused444
02-18-2010, 12:33 PM
I am only using the Pacers situation at PG because it is the one I am most familiar with.

JOB rolls with only two PG's despite having 4 decent ones on the roster.

We have seen Ford/Watson...Watson/Price...Watson/Ford...

My question is why does he automatically rule out a 3rd PG will enter the game seemingly before the game? Is this something most NBA coaches are similar on?

For Example, lets say JOB starts Watson as usual. Now Watson needs some rest. Ford enters the game with 2 quick turnovers and a missed ill-advised shot. Why is it so far fetched to send in Price at that point? Is it because NBA players are too sensitive?

Do NBA coaches never employ the tactic of putting a guys in to see if they have the hot hand? I know most coaches on any level are usually creature of habit, maybe even to a fault. Couldn't putting guys in to see if they are effective in small bursts become a habit?

This is not an attempt to try to rationalize Price and Ford splitting minutes in a 3PG rotation. I am looking for actual coaching insight on why it is completely out of the question to play more than 2. Especially when the 2 are on the floor together at points during the game.

thank you...

duke dynamite
02-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Because AJ Price stole his laptop.

focused444
02-18-2010, 12:42 PM

Ha...So what did Diener do to anybody?

Sookie
02-18-2010, 12:49 PM

Maybe he should..perhapd he'd find whatever blackmail Murphy has on JOB and could use it himself.

DGPR
02-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Ha...So what did Diener do to anybody?

Travis stubbed his toe while running to give Jim a fresh glass of lemonade and subsequently spilled the drink all over Jim. It was a bad day.