PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding

esabyrn333
02-18-2010, 12:21 PM
I think a lot of people need to understand what rebuilding is.

It means we are going with the young guys.

It means we are going to lose a lot

It means you have to deal with the guys like Murphy, Ford, Dunleavy, Foster. These guys will all be gone by the end of next year.... Best advice I ever got for a situation like this is ( I can take a kick in the balls daily if I know at the end of it things will be better off.) Stuff is going to get better

See the big picture... When you watch the games look at the small things, Score doesn't matter. How is Roy looking? Is Danny and Rush working well together.

I see a lot of guys being hypocrats here. Everyone complained about the Murphyleavy trade. Why repeat it?

Everyone complained about not rebuilding and just retooling. Be happy we are rebuilding!

No one wanted to just make the play offs they wanted to win. This is a winning formula.

People complained about Bird for a lot of things and said exactly what he should do... He is doing exactly what everyone on this board was asking for. We are rebuilding...Period

We must look to the future and be paticient.

It was said Indy can't afford to rebuild because we are a small market and the fan base would not support the rebuilding process.

We called BS I say we don't prove ourselfs wrong.

Young guys are playing Rush and Roy are averaging over 30 min a game.

No worries Jim will not be here after next year if he makes it that long so the madness will end.

I see a great game changing draft pick in our future.....

duke dynamite
02-18-2010, 12:22 PM
What is a hypocrat?

Sookie
02-18-2010, 12:24 PM
If we are rebuilding, then we should play the young guys. We aren't playing the young guys, we are trying to squeak out wins with the vets.

Notice, instead of playing Rush and Price last night, there was a large chunk of time where we watched Earl and TJ.

WetBob
02-18-2010, 12:25 PM
I think you should re-read the 2nd line of your post.

Are we really rebuilding if that's part of the equation?

esabyrn333
02-18-2010, 12:28 PM
What is a hypocrat?

Hypocrite....:cry:

Sorry can't spell but I think I get my point across I'm more neanderthal than poet. You need a ditch dug or someone beat up I'm your guy want someone to be a poet or use proper spelling or say English Comp probably not me.

Work computer doesn't have spell check for this site and I can't download anything

Ed

duke dynamite
02-18-2010, 12:28 PM
I can't say I agree more with the last two posters. As soon as TJ was let out of O'Brien's "I don't have a doghouse", AJ seems destined to ride the pine.

I do agree with the burn that Hibbert has been getting this season, however he should start any game regardless of match ups. Make the other team match up with us.

duke dynamite
02-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Hypocrite....:cry:

Sorry can't spell but I think I get my point across I'm more neanderthal than poet. You need a ditch dug or someone beat up I'm your guy want someone to be a poet or use proper spelling or say English Comp probably not me.

Work computer doesn't have spell check for this site and I can't download anything

Ed
Just giving you a hard time. Gotta make light of these dark times.

esabyrn333
02-18-2010, 12:30 PM
I think you should re-read the 2nd line of your post.

Are we really rebuilding if that's part of the equation?

If I had it my way we would start

Price
Rush
Danny
McBob
Roy

But I don't get to say all I know Rush and Roy are getting good minutes

Do I like O'Brien...No Can I do anything about it....Nope

esabyrn333
02-18-2010, 12:32 PM
I can't say I agree more with the last two posters. As soon as TJ was let out of O'Brien's "I don't have a doghouse", AJ seems destined to ride the pine.

I do agree with the burn that Hibbert has been getting this season, however he should start any game regardless of match ups. Make the other team match up with us.

I agree.

I think the losing team changes to match the winning team. Not the other way around

esabyrn333
02-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Just giving you a hard time. Gotta make light of these dark times.

I know it happens alot

I got thick skin Messing with people is my profession

pwee31
02-18-2010, 12:36 PM
There's no sense of rebuilding. I don't think anyone in the Pacers organization had even used that word until recently this year when the playoffs were out of reach.

I believe it's more rethinking then it is rebuilding.

That's why fans are frustrated, that's why J'Ob is hated, and that's why Murphy looks like a bad guy.

Everyone knows the Pacers SHOULD be rebuilding, but they're not letting the young players make their mistakes and grow. Yeah they're playing guys like Rush and Hibbert, but they're not letting them play through mistakes.

Trust me if Foster was healthy this year, Hibbert wouldn't have gotten the same amount of burn, he would've been strapped to the bench for periods of time.

If Dunleavy came back to what some think he was capable of playing, then Rush wouldn't be getting the minutes he has, he would've been benched for longer during his funk.

If Tj wouldn't have play terrible early, then Aj Price would be in McRoberts situation, like he is now that Tj has come back and played better.

If the team were truly rebuilding, the fans would understand and be OK with that. but this team isn't rebuilding when it comes to the product they put on the floor. There still playing guy big minutes that aren't a part of the plan in order to try to win games, and make the playoffs. Even though the playoffs have been out of reach for a long time.

You can say they're showcasing our expiring contracts, but no one wants our players, it's not like they're young guys. The other teams in the league already know what each of these players are capable of doing or not doing. Why else would Foster be such a hot name before back surgery when he had barely played this season.

We're a team in turmoil, and it's hard to imagine the Pacers that way but it's true. You have teams like the Knicks, whose entire roster is pretty much built upon have expiring contracts for this upcoming off-season and they have a better record then the Pacers. You have the Wizard who have lost a suspended Arenas for the season, and traded away the other 2 stars on that team and they have a better record, even got a win last night without ALL 3 of those guys.

It's a tough road ahead, I'm just hoping there's no paper bags in our future

duke dynamite
02-18-2010, 12:36 PM
I know it happens alot

I got thick skin Messing with people is my profession
You mean someone pays MONEY for people to do that!?

...sign me up!

WetBob
02-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Messing with people is my profession

Are you sure you're not JOB?

duke dynamite
02-18-2010, 12:39 PM
See, I'm okay with a consistently *good* TJ starting and AJ being a reliable backup. That is until TJ comes off the books in 2011. I think a situation like that would benefit Price the most. I would have a hard time understanding if we resigned Watson next season.

esabyrn333
02-18-2010, 12:39 PM
You mean someone pays MONEY for people to do that!?

...sign me up!

Uncle Sam baby :cool:

esabyrn333
02-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Are you sure you're not JOB?

I wish I had the dudes paycheck for damn sure. I'm to damn pretty to be JOB though :eek:

esabyrn333
02-18-2010, 12:42 PM
See, I'm okay with a consistently *good* TJ starting and AJ being a reliable backup. That is until TJ comes off the books in 2011. I think a situation like that would benefit Price the most. I would have a hard time understanding if we resigned Watson next season.

I doubt we do.

If we don't win the Wall lotery I see TJ and AJ being the rotation next year.

AJ is just a rookie so no matter how much PT he gets he is learning every day.

Sookie
02-18-2010, 12:53 PM

If we have a TJ/AJ pg rotation next year, Price will be starting by Christmas. TJ can't hold on to that starting spot, we've seen it plenty.

Of course, if we sign another PG, AJ will ride the pine again.

Putnam
02-18-2010, 12:57 PM
What is a hypocrat?

I know that one:

One who governs or administers from beneath.

BRushWithDeath
02-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Rebuilding means the exact opposite of this:

It means you have to deal with the guys like Murphy, Ford, Dunleavy, Foster.

We shouldn't have to deal with them. We should only be trying to deal them. They should get as much playing time as you or I.

esabyrn333
02-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Rebuilding means the exact opposite of this:

We shouldn't have to deal with them. We should only be trying to deal them. They should get as much playing time as you or I.

These guys are golden next year. Every team that wants to go into another direction will be calling our phone.

You don't trade them for a bad contract.

Cleveland almost got Amare for Big Z and Hickson

That means next year we could be a player in such a trade.

Their value on the trade seen next year is huge.

If we don't find anything then we have cap space to work with for a free agent

but

If you trade them now for nothing you limit your abilty to make better moves next year. You slow down the rebuilding process.

We have to make sure we do the right thing.

duke dynamite
02-18-2010, 03:14 PM
We shouldn't have to deal with them. We should only be trying to deal them.
Well, they are either not playing well or injured. We'd have to include sweetener. This is the problem we've been faced with. No one wants these players alone unless they are expiring.

BRushWithDeath
02-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Well, they are either not playing well or injured. We'd have to include sweetener. This is the problem we've been faced with. No one wants these players alone unless they are expiring.

I agree that nobody wants them. They are all either hurt or not good, or more likely, both. Which is why they shouldn't be playing for us either. We're rebuilding. And these guys don't need time while we're rebuilding.

duke dynamite
02-18-2010, 03:25 PM
I agree that nobody wants them. They are all either hurt or not good, or more likely, both. Which is why they shouldn't be playing for us either. We're rebuilding. And these guys don't need time while we're rebuilding.
This is why I don't feed into this "rebuilding" thing. The general public will eat this up more than anything and that's why that word has been thrown around. The casuals don't always know what our books look like or care to. That and it gives the media something to bite on. (i.e. local news, etc.) These are the only reasons why I think that word is being thrown out there.

Bird knows the core fans are upset. He also knows that we are not going anywhere with this roster.

BillS
02-18-2010, 03:30 PM
What is a hypocrat?

I know that one:

One who governs or administers from beneath.

I think it's the folks the government gets rid of to reduce their hypocaust.

ToasterBusVIP
02-18-2010, 11:30 PM
This is why I don't feed into this "rebuilding" thing. The general public will eat this up more than anything and that's why that word has been thrown around. The casuals don't always know what our books look like or care to. That and it gives the media something to bite on. (i.e. local news, etc.) These are the only reasons why I think that word is being thrown out there.

Bird knows the core fans are upset. He also knows that we are not going anywhere with this roster.

I disagree. I think that if you look at the facts, a lot has been done by management to give this team a ton of options going into next year. I think this plan started when we picked up Murphy and Dunleavy's contracts. The team as it's being built right now is built around one glaring fact: Murphy doesn't fit anymore. We know what Hibbert's skillsets are, and that he can play decent, intimidation defense when he has help. Murphy's game more often than not leaves him on an island defensively. Rush is another play that I think may benefit from Murphy's departure. He should be the focus #2 scoring option behind Danny (when he's got his game on, so this at least I think is the intent). Not having a stretch PF on the perimeter opens up a bit more room for Danny and Rush. Having a more physical PF who's even a so-so post threat still takes some of the pressure off Hibbert, since right now he's really our only true big in the starting lineup.

Finally, I think the key is going to be the PG spot and that will change. With this lineup, you're talking about having a bunch of guys who are good to very good scorers but no game-breakers. The perfect PG for us will need to be a great distributor, above average defender and an average scorer.

So given that you don't need a star at PF but rather a tough defender and rebounder (looking at it this way, Tyler seems like he's maybe meant to be this guy), the one spot that needs a huge overhaul, and will help it all come into focus, is our PG. The more I think about it, the more I believe that the cap space we get over the next year will go towards getting the best PG we can get hold of.

Will Galen
02-19-2010, 03:55 AM
What is a hypocrat?

Someone that knows the answer but asks the question anyway. :laugh:

Will Galen
02-19-2010, 04:16 AM
If we are rebuilding, then we should play the young guys. We aren't playing the young guys, we are trying to squeak out wins with the vets.

The young guys are getting time.

Roy, 44 starts, 24.2 min.

Brandon, 35 starts, 28.9 min.

Price, 2 starts, 15.5 min.

What you and others are really complaining about is JOB doesn't give them enough time to suit you. Why don't you say that?

JOB's job is to try and win games first, and develop the young guys second. So of course when the game is on the line he plays who he thinks gives him the best chance to win.

will567
02-19-2010, 05:05 AM
To be honest I was really hoping for a trade today because I need a reason to watch this team. I really have a hard time watching a whole game any more. I have always gone to at least 1 Pacers game since I was a kid but I just have no interest in this team. I hate watching them shoot 20-30 mostly contested 3 point shoots a game. I just find it boring! What happened to dunks and post moves! JOB also puts the most confusing line ups on the court and it makes the game even harder to watch. I like Hibbert a lot but he is put in the most confusing positions and his talent is wasted! Watching the pacers is like watching a pregame shoot around. JUMPER AFTER JUMPER! I have never been less excited about the pacers in my entire life and we still another year of this to go.:dance: