PDA

View Full Version : Wizards to waive Drew Gooden

Trophy
02-17-2010, 12:07 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/307830/drewgooden

Gooden may be bought out: Power forward Drew Gooden is expected to be bought out by the Washington Wizards, reports Yahoo! Sports. That would mean Gooden, who was just traded to the Wizards from Dallas for Josh Howard and a few other pieces, may never play for Washington. Gooden could end up in a number of places, or back with Dallas. Gooden has yet to show in Washington. If Dallas is his destination, he could be out for a month.
(Updated 02/16/2010).

Would anyone be interested in bringing him in for the remainder of the season?

With Jeff out and Tyler out for who knows. He could play either PF or C and is a fairly good post player.

QuickRelease
02-17-2010, 12:08 AM
Pass

Hicks
02-17-2010, 12:12 AM
If we were a playoff team, sure, I'd want to try to get him, but not this year.

BornReady
02-17-2010, 12:19 AM
would that potentially get in the way of us moving troy?

BRushWithDeath
02-17-2010, 12:26 AM
We shouldn't want him whatsoever and he would have no interest in coming here.

Why would any player with options choose to come to a team that will be lucky to win 10 more games this season when he could go to a team to try and win 10 playoff games?

clownskull
02-17-2010, 12:46 AM
If we were a playoff team, sure, I'd want to try to get him, but not this year.

true. there is no point in getting him. we are already done for this season.

AlexAustin
02-17-2010, 01:06 AM
I thought It was pretty much a done deal that he goes back to Dallas after the buy out.

Peck
02-17-2010, 01:16 AM
Honestly is there really any point in trying to do anything this season to improve?

If you need body's to fill out the roster then just go get some D league players and pay them the pro-rated min.

However as it stands we do not need any players as the people missing are players that play the 4 & 5 position so we still have Danny and Brandon who can fill in there not to mention D. Jones who can play any of the 5 positions left on the floor according to Jim.

Justin Tyme
02-17-2010, 06:03 AM
Denver needs a big, and is a good playoff team. To me Denver would be a better team to go to for a chance at a title than Dallas.

Charlotte also needs a big and are in the playoff race.

kellogg
02-17-2010, 07:12 AM
Us signing Drew (with or without a Murphy trade) isn't a long-term fix and short-term would be like signing Flip Murray...win a few more meaningless games and drop in the lottery.

Plus, isn't this something like his 8th team in 8 years? What's up with that?

QuickRelease
02-17-2010, 09:02 AM
Denver needs a big, and is a good playoff team. To me Denver would be a better team to go to for a chance at a title than Dallas.

Charlotte also needs a big and are in the playoff race.

Is Gooden a good enough defender to play for Larry Brown?

Justin Tyme
02-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Is Gooden a good enough defender to play for Larry Brown?

I don't remember Gooden's "D" being that bad. Gooden would be a decent player for a 30 game rental. How picky can Brown be for 30 games?

Thesterovic
02-17-2010, 10:53 AM
There's a reason no one wants him.

spreedom
02-17-2010, 11:56 AM
I fully expect him to boomerang right back to Dallas, especially with Dampier's pretty gruesome finger injury last night.

Speed
02-17-2010, 12:05 PM
There's a reason no one wants him.

He does seem to be horribly thought of in the league relative to his numbers. What is the deal? I've heard he's a bonehead, but I really haven't heard any specific examples.

Since86
02-17-2010, 01:23 PM
He does seem to be horribly thought of in the league relative to his numbers. What is the deal? I've heard he's a bonehead, but I really haven't heard any specific examples.

It's because of that stupid hair patch he had in the back of his head a few years ago. Seriously, who would want someone on their team that makes that bad of a decision?

That's my theory anyways.

spreedom
02-17-2010, 01:30 PM
I think the big knock on Gooden is his inconsistency in the effort department. He's looked fantastic at times with Dallas this year (haven't watched much of him in the past to be honest) but also looked like a 9-teams-in-8-years kind of guy during other games. If he brings the hustle he's a very valuable and versatile player.

Mr. Sobchak
02-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Doesn't try hard all the time..Terrible defender.

QuickRelease
02-17-2010, 05:32 PM
I don't remember Gooden's "D" being that bad. Gooden would be a decent player for a 30 game rental. How picky can Brown be for 30 games?

Brown? Very!