PDA

View Full Version : I'm about to be banned!

yorp
02-16-2010, 07:57 PM
D.A. (David Aldridge) just said that the Pacers are currently working three trades, Murphy, Rush, and Ford to Sacramento for Kevin Martin, Thompson, and Nocioni.

They're also trying to ship Dunleavy to Boston for Ray Allen, and Earl Watson to the Lakers for Jordan Farmar.

Hicks
02-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Since this is a first time poster saying this, can anyone else back up what he's saying he heard Aldridge saying?

Hicks
02-16-2010, 08:17 PM
As to each rumor (if true), I'd say I'm not sure how I'd feel about the SAC one, the BOS one I'd do in a heartbeat, as would I the LA one.

I'm not sure I buy any of them, though.

DEEman
02-16-2010, 08:20 PM
Boston deal: yes
La deal: yes

But i would just hate to see Rush leave.

Lord Helmet
02-16-2010, 08:20 PM
I am fine with them all, but I just would rather have someone else in Rush's place. He's too young to give up on, IMO.

CableKC
02-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Admins, I'd lock this before we get the hopes of everyone up.

Hicks
02-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Admins, I'd lock this before we get the hopes of everyone up.

I'm not going to lock it unless no one else on the board heard Aldridge say any of it or we can otherwise confirm it.

If this guy just posted to make **** up, then I'll close it.

pwee31
02-16-2010, 08:28 PM
I don't believe any of scenarios, none of them make sense.

Every team involved could get A LOT more then what we are "rumoring to be offering" I agree this should be locked

Speed
02-16-2010, 08:30 PM
checking the DA thing linked on the other thread, i'll let you know if anything on there.

jeffg-body
I really like the Sacremento deal myself. I am ok with taking Nocioni on if they were to be taking TJ. We would be giving up some of our young talent in Rush, but taking back a young big which evens that out. I like Martin next to Danny and Thompson is good and young. I'd be ok with Dun to Boston for Ray Allen. I have always liked Ray's game. The Watson for Farmar is intriguing to me, i have been a fan of Farmar but I like Watson as a back-up. I don't necessarily think Farmar would be the end all for our PG but he is more talented than most of our PG's. If they could get two out of three I'd be thrilled.

d_c

Every team involved could get A LOT more then what we are "rumoring to be offering" I agree this should be locked

I'm sure what's mentioned is something that a looks a lot like what the Pacers are offering Boston and Sacramento.

If those are deals that Bird is proposing, then sure, you could say that the deal is "being discussed" or that the Pacers are "working a trade". Nothing false there.

cdash
02-16-2010, 08:33 PM

How do they not make sense? Sacramento is building around Tyreke and might want a PG to play along with him, and we are basically trading marginally disappointing young guys (Rush for Thompson), and Murphy is a good rebounder who wouldn't clog the lane for Evans on offense.

LA wants steadier PG play and Watson is low cost. We need to free up some minutes at PG for Price, and Earl is easier to move than TJ.

The Boston one seems a little far fetched, granted.

02-16-2010, 08:35 PM
All I have to say is, "Please, God let that be true!"

Did I just hear a voice from heaven reply, "Don't put your money on it?"

It is alarming that the poster just joined the forum. Very suspect.

Cheers.

odeez
02-16-2010, 08:36 PM
D.A. (David Aldridge) just said that the Pacers are currently working three trades, Murphy, Rush, and Ford to Sacramento for Kevin Martin, Thompson, and Nocioni.

They're also trying to ship Dunleavy to Boston for Ray Allen, and Earl Watson to the Lakers for Jordan Farmar.

I'd do the Sacto deal!

Pacersfan46
02-16-2010, 08:37 PM
The Boston trade doesn't even work. Fake.

Nor does it make any sense.

-- Steve --

Sookie
02-16-2010, 08:39 PM
why would someone create a screen name for the sole sake of posting something fake?

sounds like a stupid thing to do...

Hicks
02-16-2010, 08:41 PM
why would someone create a screen name for the sole sake of posting something fake?

sounds like a stupid thing to do...

It's been done before. But it's been a long time. I want to say not since the Jermaine O'Neal to Los Angeles rumors from 2007.

AlexAustin
02-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Does David Aldridge even go on ESPN since he works for Turner Sports?

IUfan4life
02-16-2010, 08:46 PM
The Boston trade doesn't even work. Fake.

Nor does it make any sense.

-- Steve --

as much as id like it to be true, i am inclined to agree

Solomon Grundy
02-16-2010, 08:47 PM
I could almost buy the Kings deal happening, but I still have trouble believing it. The Boston and L.A. deals make no sense. Nothing against Earl Watson, but the Lakers would be taking a step backwards in terms of PG development if they swap Farmar for Watson. And even if the Boston deal did go down, wouldn't Ray Allen prefer to be with a contender rather than a rebuilding team?

pwee31
02-16-2010, 08:47 PM
How do they not make sense? Sacramento is building around Tyreke and might want a PG to play along with him, and we are basically trading marginally disappointing young guys (Rush for Thompson), and Murphy is a good rebounder who wouldn't clog the lane for Evans on offense.

LA wants steadier PG play and Watson is low cost. We need to free up some minutes at PG for Price, and Earl is easier to move than TJ.

The Boston one seems a little far fetched, granted.

Well let's see. Ray Allen makes double of what Dunleavy makes, and OH YEAH have you seen how bad Dunleavy has been playing. No way that deal isn't going to happen

As for the Kings deal, well there's no cap relief for one. The Pacers aren't going to go over the luxury tax, and I personally think the Kings could get a lot more for Kevin Martin and Jason Thompson in the same deal.. so we take on Nocioni's contract, that's still crazy.

Not to mention the rumored deal was to be Murphy for the expiring of Kenny Thomas. No all of a sudden we're going to get back a young prospect and one of the Kings best players, for a disappointing Rush, benched everywhere I go Ford, and please give us some value Murphy? Let's be serious here.

Watson for Farmar is the only thing that makes sense, and I don't see the Lakers doing that b/c I think Farmar is the better player there as well

odeez
02-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Does David Aldridge even go on ESPN since he works for Turner Sports?

Great point, he is TNT & NBA channel only now I believe!

Speed
02-16-2010, 08:50 PM
nothing on the nba podcast.

cdash
02-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Well let's see. Ray Allen makes double of what Dunleavy makes, and OH YEAH have you seen how bad Dunleavy has been playing. No way that deal isn't going to happen

As for the Kings deal, well there's no cap relief for one. The Pacers aren't going to go over the luxury tax, and I personally think the Kings could get a lot more for Kevin Martin and Jason Thompson in the same deal.. so we take on Nocioni's contract, that's still crazy.

Not to mention the rumored deal was to be Murphy for the expiring of Kenny Thomas. No all of a sudden we're going to get back a young prospect and one of the Kings best players, for a disappointing Rush, benched everywhere I go Ford, and please give us some value Murphy? Let's be serious here.

Watson for Farmar is the only thing that makes sense, and I don't see the Lakers doing that b/c I think Farmar is the better player there as well

I never said they were realistic, but besides the Boston deal (which I agreed with you on from the start), they make at least a little sense. I don't think any of them happen, and this whole thread seems a little fishy, but to say they make "no sense" isn't entirely true.

speakout4
02-16-2010, 08:54 PM
This has got to be someone's idea of a joke and this thread should be Locked.

Bball
02-16-2010, 08:55 PM
The Pacers are also willing to consider a Muprhy, Dunleavy, TJ trade for Lebron and a draft pick....

Lance George
02-16-2010, 08:55 PM
I didn't buy this from the beginning, but the whole Turner Sports employee appearing on an ESPN network sealed the deal.

Hicks
02-16-2010, 08:57 PM
I didn't buy this from the beginning, but the whole Turner Sports employee appearing on an ESPN network sealed the deal.

Agreed.