PDA

View Full Version : What Tinsley talked about was a big key down the stretch.

Hicks
01-17-2004, 11:48 PM
(On second half) "We wanted to keep them out of transition because we knew Jason Kidd was going to run up the court. My job was to not let him get the ball by denying him. Anthony Johnson kept telling me to keep the ball out of his hands and we would be all right. Other guys would make the shots and plays and I just needed to stop Jason Kidd."

I noticed that late in the 4th. Tinsley started doing a really good job of denying Kidd the ball, and like AJ said, it worked.

Anthem
01-18-2004, 02:21 AM
Anthony Johnson kept telling me...

IMHO, that's the biggest reason that we got Anthony Johnson. He's savvy, he's got experience, and he's a lockerroom leader. They're trying to get Jamaal to learn those traits.

Peck
01-18-2004, 09:02 AM
Anthony Johnson kept telling me...

IMHO, that's the biggest reason that we got Anthony Johnson. He's savvy, he's got experience, and he's a lockerroom leader. They're trying to get Jamaal to learn those traits.

Word!!!! :buddies: :bowdown:

Hollywood31
04-27-2007, 06:37 PM

I decided to go back and see what peolpe where saying about tinman 3 yrs. ago. I really think it is time for him to go. He never learned those traits. It is sad he has all the talent in the world just lazy.

speakout4
04-27-2007, 07:33 PM
The man can't run. Isn't it a prerequistie for a starting PG to be able to run? Is your PG going to be one of the slowest guys on the team?

MagicRat
04-27-2007, 07:51 PM
The man can't run. Isn't it a prerequistie for a starting PG to be able to run? Is your PG going to be one of the slowest guys on the team?

Jamaal gets up and down the court just fine. The waiting on others is hardest part......

speakout4
04-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Jamaal gets up and down the court just fine. The waiting on others is hardest part......

Listen, I'll never give up on that young man. - Larry Bird

Do you really believe that?

Jermaniac
04-27-2007, 08:03 PM
When did Larry say that about Jamaal?

And how are we supposed to know if Jamaal can run when Carlisle's didnt let him run.

Slick Pinkham
04-27-2007, 08:23 PM
I don't care if he can run up the court on offense. The issues to me are

1) will he ever be able to guard anyone effectively and
2) is there some offense where he can shoot a heck of a lot better than 39% from the field?

Since86
04-27-2007, 08:24 PM

And how are we supposed to know if Jamaal can run when JO didnt want him to run.

Fixed......

The whole roster was changed to become a running team, and that lasted all of 8 games.

ABADays
04-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Where is Freddie Lewis or Don Buse?

Jermaniac
04-27-2007, 08:33 PM
Fixed......

The whole roster was changed to become a running team, and that lasted all of 8 games.Ya dont say?

SoupIsGood
04-27-2007, 10:53 PM
The roster was changed to become a BAD running team. SJACK on the break was an unholy mess.

Tinsley deserves props for staying somewhat healthy, but his game kind of dipped this year.

speakout4
04-27-2007, 11:07 PM

And how are we supposed to know if Jamaal can run when Carlisle's didnt let him run.
Just watch him move and you know he can't really run for 35 minutes a game. He's not PG fast or quick. The pacers bought into the Mark Jackson type slow grind it out PG when they drafted JT.

How is it that RC did not stop Army or McLeod from running but somehow he is credited with stopping JT?