PDA

View Full Version : Why don't the Pacers attempt to get Amare?

PacerPride33
02-16-2010, 01:38 PM
With all of this talk about how Cleveland and Miami are the top suitors to acquire Stoudemire, why wouldn't LB give Phoenix an offer to think about? Phoenix is thinking about pulling the trigger with an offer of JJ Hickson and Z?? I'm sure we can even come up with a better deal than that? Anyone is available except Danny and maybe Roy? What do you guys think?

Pacersfan46
02-16-2010, 01:41 PM
We can't save them money. In fact, we need to save money.

There's nothing else to discuss there.

-- Steve --

Pig Nash
02-16-2010, 01:42 PM
We can't offer the immediate cap relief and don't have as talented a piece as Hickson.

vnzla81
02-16-2010, 01:43 PM
we don't have Lebron or Wade and we don't have expiring contracts, so in other words it won't happen

Speed
02-16-2010, 01:50 PM
No expiring contracts (other than Diener)
No young players to include (maybe Roy)
Not willing to trade high lottery pick.
Amare has opt out clause, so could be a 30 game rental
Amare doesn't opt out and you owe him 17 million next year

Now, I think the Pacers hope that a group of expirings can land a guy like Amare, next year. Too many variables, though.

Good thought though, I asked myself the same question, too.

Will Galen
02-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Personally I'm glad we can't get Amare. Temperament and injury history make him JO2. Plus he wants to be paid like JO.

Mr_Smith
02-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Who wants to come to Indiana??? Come on Son!!!

Kemo
02-16-2010, 05:05 PM
if i were phx , I would do a 3 team deal with indiana and CLE .. they trade us amare getting murphy and someone else... then they trade murph to CLE , and STILL get hickson and z's expiring contract..

that way they screw cle out of getting amare, yet have a consolation prize for them lol plus netting them twice what they could have gotten witth just dealing with 1 team...

mildlysane
02-16-2010, 05:22 PM
if i were phx , I would do a 3 team deal with indiana and CLE .. they trade us amare getting murphy and someone else... then they trade murph to CLE , and STILL get hickson and z's expiring contract..

that way they screw cle out of getting amare, yet have a consolation prize for them lol plus netting them twice what they could have gotten witth just dealing with 1 team...

This would not please the King.

eldubious
02-16-2010, 05:31 PM
One year too late, if Murphy and Dunleavy were expiring this year, the Pacers would be in business. Come to think of it, if I were the Pacers, I'd hold out on trading Murphy just for that reason. The Pacers will have alot of ammo next year, I just don't trust Bird pulling the trigger.