PDA

View Full Version : T-Mac to Knicks?

Smoothdave1
02-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Looks like T-Mac could be dealt to the Knicks for a package of Jeffries, Hill and either Hughes or Harrington?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AtnYWLqrSYsgb4ziym_lfYK8vLYF?slug=ys-knicksrocketstrade021510&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Thoughts?

MillerTime
02-15-2010, 09:45 PM
Theyre probably going to give TMac and chance and see if he has anything remaining in him and possibly re-sign him (if all goes well). If not, great, they managed to dump Jefferies contract.

Im surprised they're adding Hill, but I guess you got to give some to get some

vnzla81
02-15-2010, 09:52 PM
and people complaing about the pacers getting tyler at 13th, I can't imagine what could have happened if Larry had the 8th pick and got Hill instead of B jennings......:rolleyes:, now they are trading Hill for no other reason that cap space, just amazing

Thesterovic
02-15-2010, 10:19 PM
I'd make them give me Chandler. He is an extremely good defender, and he fits well into what they are doing. I'd also want Hill, a first, and Hughes (EC, and an okay player and pesky defender.)

MillerTime
02-15-2010, 10:27 PM
I'd make them give me Chandler. He is an extremely good defender, and he fits well into what they are doing. I'd also want Hill, a first, and Hughes (EC, and an okay player and pesky defender.)

Knicks are not parting with Chandler. Hes probably the only player on their roster that they see in their long term plans

Thesterovic
02-15-2010, 10:29 PM
And TMac is a $23M expiring contract. If I were Houston I'd "put the gun to their head" to get Chandler.

pacergod2
02-15-2010, 10:49 PM
What the trade would have to be is Harrington, Jeffries, and Hill for TMac, Cook, and Dorsey. This would get Houston under the LT line, which would be a savings of about $10M ($3M + $3M LT payment + $4M in league repay). They take on an extra $9M next year in Jeffries and Hill's salaries. The money that way offsets any extra costs of next year's salary. They send TMac for Jordan Hill basically. The Rockets are supposed to be getting some level of draft pick compensation as well, which would even the trade up a bit. This is where they could hold the Knicks over the coals, by giving NY $9M in salary relief for this summer, they could posture to get a 2011 First probably.

Pacersfan46
02-15-2010, 11:03 PM
And TMac is a $23M expiring contract. If I were Houston I'd "put the gun to their head" to get Chandler.

That means nothing to the Knicks. They already have over 50 million in expiring contracts ....

-- Steve --

Thesterovic
02-15-2010, 11:07 PM
Lol. Your right. I'm just being ridiculously hypothetical.

IUfan4life
02-15-2010, 11:20 PM
Knicks are not parting with Chandler. Hes probably the only player on their roster that they see in their long term plans

beat me to it by only about an hour