PDA

View Full Version : Who do you like best?

esabyrn333
02-15-2010, 06:38 PM
I haven't seen a lot of games this year but seen mostly highlights.

Favors is supposed to be a beast but Seth isn't sold on him so that makes me qusiton what the guy will become

Cousins is supposed to be a beast but he is also supposed to be a Headcase and a coaches nightmare

Monroe is supposed to be soft and doesn't seem to have the passion. My gut says Monroe might be the safest pick. People have always knocked Duncan on not having the passion but he has had an alright NBA run.

Or do you have a darkhorse I should watch our for

Shade
02-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Favors, definitely. Very good defensively, and doesn't have the issues that Cousins has with attitude.

I've never been big on Monroe.

esabyrn333
02-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Favors, definitely. Very good defensively, and doesn't have the issues that Cousins has with attitude.

I've never been big on Monroe.

I like Monroe I'm not gonna something about the guy just seems right to me. If Favors is gone I would he will be the guy I'm am hoping for

I think I would take Favors but Seth seems to know alot about all of the prospect in the Draft thread and he seems to think Favors hasn't done much and could be a bust on the next level. This has me second guessing who I would take.

With Cousins I would like to know more on. Who says he is a headcase? What is the inside scoup on the guys downside?

vnzla81
02-15-2010, 07:22 PM
1st option should be Cousins 2nd Aldrich 3th Donatas(don't know much about him but a lot of people compares him to Dirk) 4th Favor 5th Monroe,6th Patterson and the black horse I think could be Marcus Morris

esabyrn333
02-15-2010, 07:26 PM
1st option should be Cousins 2nd Aldrich 3th Donatas(don't know much about him but a lot of people compares him to Dirk) 4th Favor 5th Monroe
and 6th Patterson

Aldrich.... I just don't see it with him. Maybe if we didn't have Roy but I see him as a true center Not a PF

Anyone from Europe compared to Dirk autmaticly goes on my Don't touch list....Same with all white guys compared to Larry Bird from U.S.

vnzla81
02-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Aldrich.... I just don't see it with him. Maybe if we didn't have Roy but I see him as a true center Not a PF

Anyone from Europe compared to Dirk autmaticly goes on my Don't touch list....Same with all white guys compared to Larry Bird from U.S.

Aldrich could play PF in some teams and for Donatas he seems to be a good player, they said that if he stays one more year in europe he could be the 1st pick next year, the guy is really good, by the way Im rating guys depending of how good they are going to be and as you can see I put three guys after him, that is how low I think about the other guys.

Anthem
02-15-2010, 08:29 PM
Anyone from Europe compared to Dirk automatically goes on my Don't touch list....Same with all white guys compared to Larry Bird from U.S.
:laugh: Yeah, me too. I see Donatas Motiejunas being called a #4 pick and I shudder.

Naptown_Seth
02-15-2010, 10:38 PM
I think I'm still leaning toward Patterson. His involvement at KY is limited but when the action comes his way he's still a big impact player and far more mature than the Frosh bunch.

Cousins though...dang. He'd be pushing for #1 without the attitude. His game is coming together nice.

If Lawal had 2 more inches he'd be my clear favorite PF this year, damn good post player. Great footwork.

Ndiaye, best defensive post player.

Monroe, best face up big but a bit soft.

Favors, as smooth as Frankenstein, but with the most potential.

Aminu - well he's going to be a SF for sure

Udoh (Baylor) - don't sleep on him, he's really improving and has turned me around on him, like more offense and general smoothness.

Brackins - he's about PF as Lamar Odom, but for his size he's agile and a good shooter

Booker - best rebounding technique, strong in the post, runs transitions really well, but height hurts him

Motiejunas - good lord, he's PF like Dirk is, and I don't think he's got Dirk's offense from the little I've seen

Sanders (VCU) - not too shabby but his game is turning into more outside/face up stuff like Brackins

Aldrich - hell no. He has no post moves to speak of, doesn't hold or hold off the post position well, doesn't show any post technique for spacing like swim moves or repost spins. He's just big. So what.

Lot of good bigs but they've all got serious hold ups. Height, soft inside, poor offense, attitude. There is no complete big this year, but there are tons of strong variations to choose from.

I've been all PF coming into this year, but now I'm really big on getting Turner as a starting combo, often with Rush and Granger at the 2/3 with him. The kid has #1 player written all over him.

vnzla81
02-15-2010, 10:42 PM
I've been all PF coming into this year, but now I'm really big on getting Turner as a starting combo, often with Rush and Granger at the 2/3 with him. The kid has #1 player written all over him.

yeah this could be a nice combo.

Naptown_Seth
02-15-2010, 10:43 PM
BTW, put Lawal's game in Monroe's body...now you're talking. Of course then he'd be closer to David Robinson or Duncan and would be out of the Pacers range.

I think Patterson is close to that but a bit short. Monroe might be quicker, Lawal has better post technique.

If only we could get 2 of these kids and hope that at least 1 has to pan out.

Thesterovic
02-15-2010, 11:50 PM
If anyone wants to see someone get killed on a PnR, watch Kansas vs. Texas A&M right now. Aldrich makes Hibbert look like Ben Wallace.