PDA

View Full Version : My dream...

Shade
02-15-2010, 01:51 PM
1) Trade Murphy to the Kings for Kevin Martin.

This gives us an All-Star caliber SG. Granted, his health and contract are a bit of a concern, but KMart is probably better than anyone we'll be able to acquire in free agency.

2) Draft Derrick Favors.

Of course, this assumes we get a very high pick, but at this point a Top 5 looks very possible, so this is very much within the realm of possibily. Derrick would give us a very good PF, possibly star-quality, to grow alongside Roy.

3) Trade Ford, Rush, and 2011 #1 pick (top 10 protected) to the Nets for Devin Harris.

Assuming NJ lands the #1 spot and John Wall, this is not as much of a long-shot as people think it is. This would allow the Nets to get out from under Harris' contract while netting a temporary replacement at PG that is also an expiring contract, along with what could possibly be a lottery pick the following season, and a young SG in Rush, speeding up NJ's rebuilding effort.

4) Sign Brad Miller to the vet minimum.

The Pacers bring back a fan favorite and help fill a roster spot at a reasonable price.

That would leave us with a rotation of:

C - Hibbert/Miller
PF - Favors/Hansbrough
SF - Granger/Dunleavy
SG - Martin/Jones
PG - Harris/Price

Viola. Rebuilt. :cool:

Trophy
02-15-2010, 02:03 PM
This would be a dream of mine too. :drool:

The fact that we acquired Kevin Martin and Brad Miller, but Devin Harris guarantees a playoff spot. Oh yeah and we draft a defensive Derrick Favors!

It would be even more of a dream if we could replace Brandon with Mike. I don't know if the trade would still matchup financially.

Thesterovic
02-16-2010, 12:29 AM
That is what I dream every day. Every day.

dgranger17
02-16-2010, 01:03 AM
Favors < Cousins Aldrich Patterson Monroe Sanders

MillerTime
02-16-2010, 01:46 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yhtruaj its kind of the same, but I love it (it'll be too good to be true though)

BKK
02-16-2010, 09:53 AM
Hmmm I don't like the idea of giving up on Brandon, I still think he can become something special and that he could be a key for our team in the future... But I understand you gotta give up something to get talent.

DaveP63
02-16-2010, 11:34 AM
I'll have some of that!

thefeistyone
02-17-2010, 08:31 AM
It's a beautiful dream...I'm sure most of it will get wrapped up by thursday

Thesterovic
02-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Who would we trade Mike for afterwards, in your scenario? Surely we don't keep him around all year.

Jonathan
02-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Welcome back Jermaine O'neal

We send Murphy, Diener, & TJ Ford to the Heat

That is my dream trade.

We use the cap space to sign Joe Johnson.