PDA

View Full Version : AL Thornton

Justin Tyme
02-15-2010, 12:17 PM
I need some info on why Al Thornton has lost his starting role with the Clippers when a year ago he was a young core player to be built around?

If Rasual Butler has replaced him, why when their stats are very similar?

I read in Realgm this morning from a Yahoo article by Adrian Wojnarowski that the Clippers have him on the trading block looking to package him and either Telfair or Camby. "I'm just trying to figure out why Al Thornton has fallen from the Clippers grace."

The link given was sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-tradebuzz021510

sapposnap
02-15-2010, 12:51 PM
i hear what you saying. i would like Al Thornton in pacers uniform with Camby. in exchange for troy Murphy with some draft picks.

on a side note: i don't know why we trading for big Z and Hickson, Z is probably going to opt out and why have another hustler in Hickson when we already have Tyler, Foster and McRoberts..

IUfan4life
02-15-2010, 01:26 PM
NO! Al Thorton is garbage. he's a me, me, me player that takes more bad shots than kobe in the 8 uniform.

Justin Tyme
02-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Maybe I didn't make it clear in the thread, I'm not advocating a trade for Thornton, but interested why his fall to where he's being shopped.

Frostwolf
02-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Thornton doesn't play D and doesn't really do anything great. Kinda like a better Marvin Williams, but only just.

Butler can at least play D and shoot the three (somewhat).

Justin Tyme
02-15-2010, 02:29 PM
In comparing this season to Thornton's rookie year, he's getting the same PT, his FGA is 2 less this year at 9 compared to 11 his rookie year, and this years FG% is 48% vs 43% as a rookie.

I had noticed he wasn't starting, but I just didn't realize he had fallen to the point of being traded. I hadn't heard of any negative on or off court issues, so I was just surprised to see him on the trading block.

IUfan4life
02-15-2010, 02:33 PM
In comparing this season to Thornton's rookie year, he's getting the same PT, his FGA is 2 less this year at 9 compared to 11 his rookie year, and this years FG% is 48% vs 43% as a rookie.

I had noticed he wasn't starting, but I just didn't realize he had fallen to the point of being traded. I hadn't heard of any negative on or off court issues, so I was just surprised to see him on the trading block.

you lost a game in fantasy basketball because of him? :)

Justin Tyme
02-15-2010, 03:50 PM
you lost a game in fantasy basketball because of him? :)

Sorry, I have NO idea what fantasy basketball is.

My fantasies are in other areas of life, and not in sports.