PDA

View Full Version : Visualizing Kevin Martin with the Pacers

rocksballer58
02-14-2010, 05:11 PM
FlipBaller31 of the Inside Hoops forum made this photoshop:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/oR8-_/KMart3.png

Would you like seeing Kevin Martin coming to the Pacers??

Hicks
02-14-2010, 05:13 PM
I wonder why he didn't make him #23.

Trophy
02-14-2010, 05:13 PM
#3? I would think he would wear #23.

...and yes, I want him on the Pacers.

Pacers24Colts12
02-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Hopefully #3 will be open to take!

AlexAustin
02-14-2010, 06:05 PM
When I Visualize Kevin Martin, I see Troy Murphy with more shots and less rebounds but the same lack of Defense.

esabyrn333
02-14-2010, 06:07 PM
When I Visualize Kevin Martin, I see Troy Murphy with more shots and less rebounds but the same lack of Defense.

Biggest diffrence is KMart is a Shooting Guard and Murphy just thinks he is.

AlexAustin
02-14-2010, 06:13 PM
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2009/05/08/my-second-annual-nba-no-defense-team-starring-martin-jamison-durant-and-don-nelson/

PacerDude
02-14-2010, 06:27 PM
From the above link:
Nobody does less with more talent and length than Martin. For that, hes a richly deserving NDPOY.That's No-Defense Player of the Year in case you didn't know.

Great - no defense, shoots a lot ............ yeah, just what the Pacers need. :rolleyes:

Thesterovic
02-14-2010, 07:23 PM
I just got chills.

ndcoltsnpacers
02-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Is he trying to tell us something with the Louisville skyline in the background?

Trophy
02-14-2010, 07:44 PM
It's been said before and it makes me excited to get him is the wing combo of him, Danny, and Brandon. Danny is already a good defender and so is Brandon so Kevin would help Danny out a lot when it comes to shooting and Danny would therefore step up the defense and Brandon would either start or backup Martin. We still have Dahntay and his defense.

idioteque
02-14-2010, 07:44 PM
Keep visualizing but it isn't going to happen.

sportfireman
02-14-2010, 07:57 PM
It's been said before and it makes me excited to get him is the wing combo of him, Danny, and Brandon. Danny is already a good defender and so is Brandon so Kevin would help Danny out a lot when it comes to shooting and Danny would therefore step up the defense and Brandon would either start or backup Martin. We still have Dahntay and his defense.

one weak link destroys the chain..... we need guys who play at least play average defense.

Lance George
02-14-2010, 08:09 PM
It's amazing how similar his build is to Reggie's. No wonder so many Pacer fans want him here.

Thesterovic
02-14-2010, 08:10 PM
He's more like Reggie than Ray Allen is in my opinion.

rocksballer58
02-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Is he trying to tell us something with the Louisville skyline in the background?

I really have no idea why that's there. Never said it's a great photoshop

Hicks
02-14-2010, 09:05 PM
The sad thing is, we need offense more than we need defense right now.

jeffg-body
02-14-2010, 09:58 PM
I think he'd be a great fit next to Danny on the wing and if we could keep our draft pick in the process that would be a great start to gathering some talent.

Justin Tyme
02-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Why is it everytime a player who can't play "D" someone expects other players to play "D" and cover for them? This team has enough of those players now!

pacers_heath
02-14-2010, 11:56 PM
Why would the Kings trade a player who averaged 25 points a game a season ago for...Troy Murphy...? Is this for real?

rocksballer58
02-15-2010, 12:03 AM
Why would the Kings trade a player who averaged 25 points a game a season ago for...Troy Murphy...? Is this for real?

Actually, it is.

Dr. Awesome
02-15-2010, 12:19 AM
I'm going to start by saying the Kings would never trade Kevin Martin to the Pacers for Troy Murphy. This is my first time here during the trade deadline and I'm shocked by how much some of ya'll value our players. Troy Murphy does not have anything close to the type of value it would take to get Martin here.

Moving on. I want nothing to do with Kevin Martin on the Pacers anyway. He is a great scorer, but awful in every other aspect of the game. He is a horrible defender, a horrible playmaker, a horrible rebounder, and so on. On top of all that, he is injured all the time. The two things we need to avoid are players who can't play defense and players with injury problems.

I miss the days when the Pacers played defense. Its painful to watch them right now and adding more guys who suck at defense would probably drive me up a wall.

Dr. Awesome
02-15-2010, 12:21 AM
Actually, it is.

:shakehead

Trophy
02-15-2010, 12:24 AM
I think it's no brainer Kevin Martin would make us a much better team.

Batman needs a reliable Robin.

Dr. Awesome
02-15-2010, 12:28 AM

Except in this case, as many foes as Robin would take out, he wouldn't be watching Batmans back.

Trophy
02-15-2010, 12:31 AM
Except in this case, as many foes as Robin would take out, he wouldn't be watching Batmans back.

They would work together as the 2 stars of this team which is something we need.

I wouldn't think anyone would slack if we were to get Kevin Martin.

Dr. Awesome
02-15-2010, 12:39 AM
They would work together as the 2 stars of this team which is something we need.

I wouldn't think anyone would slack if we were to get Kevin Martin.

That wasn't the point I was making. I was saying for as many points as Kevin Martin might score, he is just giving the other team that much more.

Getting Kevin Martin would just hurt Roy Hibberts development. Kevin Martin couldn't stay in front of Rosie O'Donnell, so when hes guarding someone, and the blow by him, they get to the lane and get Hibbert in foul trouble.

It also makes it so Danny has to guard the other teams best player again, which as we saw only takes away from his offensive game. Brandon Rush has been playing great lately, I'll take him with his PPG, his defense, and intangibles over Kevin Martin's scoring - at least for this team right now.

Offense is only one part of the game, it seems like a lot of people here have forgotten all about defense.

I honestly just don't see how Kevin Martin wouldn't hinder Hibbert and Granger, they don't compliment eachother well. Also, it would clearly destroy Rush's confidence getting benched and losing minutes again, so basically our 3 best players get hurt by adding Martin in my eyes. I just don't want to see it happen.

AlexAustin
02-15-2010, 12:44 AM

Wouldn't it be like 2 Batman's fighting over who gets to be the hero? #2 and #12 in 3PA last year and #1 and #11 this year, and if Martin became a Pacer I'm sure his attempts would rise even more under JOB.

Dr. Awesome
02-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Also, any realistic Martin to the Pacers scenario would involved Brandon Rush. Anyone who thinks we could get him for just Murphy is delusional.

pianoman
02-15-2010, 12:59 AM
I'd do a Murphy/Rush for Martin/Thompson deal in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, it'd take more than that to get it done....

Hibbert
Thompson*
Granger
Martin*
Wall*
new coach*********

thats a darn good playoff team

* wishful thinking

Thesterovic
02-15-2010, 12:59 AM
That wasn't the point I was making. I was saying for as many points as Kevin Martin might score, he is just giving the other team that much more.

Getting Kevin Martin would just hurt Roy Hibberts development. Kevin Martin couldn't stay in front of Rosie O'Donnell, so when hes guarding someone, and the blow by him, they get to the lane and get Hibbert in foul trouble.

It also makes it so Danny has to guard the other teams best player again, which as we saw only takes away from his offensive game. Brandon Rush has been playing great lately, I'll take him with his PPG, his defense, and intangibles over Kevin Martin's scoring - at least for this team right now.

Offense is only one part of the game, it seems like a lot of people here have forgotten all about defense.

I honestly just don't see how Kevin Martin wouldn't hinder Hibbert and Granger, they don't compliment eachother well. Also, it would clearly destroy Rush's confidence getting benched and losing minutes again, so basically our 3 best players get hurt by adding Martin in my eyes. I just don't want to see it happen.

So does he have the lateral quickness and quick hands to defend, but he doesn't want to do it? Is the physical ability there, but he doesn't want to?

Or is he just a sloth?

avoidingtheclowns
02-15-2010, 01:01 AM

Except, in this case we wouldn't be trading for Robin as much as Mr. Glass.

Dr. Awesome
02-15-2010, 01:45 AM
So does he have the lateral quickness and quick hands to defend, but he doesn't want to do it? Is the physical ability there, but he doesn't want to?

Or is he just a sloth?

To be quite honest, I really don't know. I haven't watched him that much to pinpoint exactly what it is. He has the height and length, but isn't strong at all.

If I were to guess, I'd say its a lack of passion. He uses a lot of energy on offense and probably focuses his energy there. I don't think he has to tools to be a good defender, but I think he could at least be better than he is. I think he is kinda like Reggie when it comes to defensive potential, Reggie was by no means a good defender, but he had the passion to fight as hard as he could to play the best he could. I just don't think Martin has the will to fight through screens and so on. Thats just a guess though, I really can't say for sure what his problem is.

sportfireman
02-15-2010, 08:54 AM
To be quite honest, I really don't know. I haven't watched him that much to pinpoint exactly what it is. He has the height and length, but isn't strong at all.

If I were to guess, I'd say its a lack of passion. He uses a lot of energy on offense and probably focuses his energy there. I don't think he has to tools to be a good defender, but I think he could at least be better than he is. I think he is kinda like Reggie when it comes to defensive potential, Reggie was by no means a good defender, but he had the passion to fight as hard as he could to play the best he could. I just don't think Martin has the will to fight through screens and so on. Thats just a guess though, I really can't say for sure what his problem is.

you have to have the heart and want to even try play defense......Martin has neither. He's lazy on D and great on offense.........do we need a 1 dimensional offensive player with no D at all............NO.........we're trying to get rid of one now. My God some of you all have short memories.......... atleast Murphy rebounds.:rolleyes:

Justin Tyme
02-15-2010, 09:11 AM
Except, in this case we wouldn't be trading for Robin as much as Mr. Glass.

Love the description!

Justin Tyme
02-15-2010, 09:27 AM
you have to have the heart and want to even try play defense......Martin has neither. He's lazy on D and great on offense.........do we need a 1 dimensional offensive player with no D at all............NO.........we're trying to get rid of one now. My God some of you all have short memories.......... atleast Murphy rebounds.:rolleyes:

BUT but but, how can that be? He's the Robin to Batman.

PacerDude
02-15-2010, 10:47 AM
My God some of you all have short memories.......... at least Murphy steals rebounds.:rolleyes: I noticed you omitted a word. :D

Nothing is going to happen. Nobody is going anywhere. Except the fans. They'll be going home.

Justin Tyme
02-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Nothing is going to happen. Nobody is going anywhere. Except the fans. They'll be going home.

They aren't coming anyway having a 18-34 record with helter skelter run n gun with little "D". Adding a piece of fragile glass isn't going to bring them back to Conseco either.

sportfireman
02-15-2010, 01:52 PM
BUT but but, how can that be? He's the Robin to Batman.

NO no no..........I've said all along we need a Superman not a Robin......... Superman is the leader of the Justice League. Not Batman.

ksuttonjr76
02-16-2010, 11:21 PM
We could use Martin...

QuickRelease
02-17-2010, 09:08 AM
I'd take Kevin Martin over Troy Murphy without blinking once! I think he and Danny could mesh well together. Who could you leave to help on D?