PDA

View Full Version : What do you think WILL happen?

Pig Nash
02-14-2010, 02:30 AM
Pretty self explanatory.

Every year around this time I get really excited that something will happen and then I start to brace myself that nothing will. I'm leaning towards there not actually being a trade at the deadline for us right now.

croxia
02-14-2010, 02:34 AM
I hope Jason Tompson will be a pacer!

jeffg-body
02-14-2010, 02:39 AM
I am hoping for Thompson or Martin + filler. I'll be wishing for Thompson and Martin for Murph, filler, + 2nd round pick(s).:dance:

Pig Nash
02-14-2010, 02:40 AM
I think you two missed my all capitals WILL.

Pacersfan46
02-14-2010, 02:47 AM
Murphy for Thompson is what I'm hopeful for. I think Murphy for Martin is what will happen, and it's not so bad. Could do much worse.

I'll basically see it as using some of our 2011 free agent money on signing Kevin Martin. Which is better than I think we would get in free agency.

-- Steve --

Pingu
02-14-2010, 03:27 AM
I am thinking that no trade will happen, unfortunately. I'd be appalled if the Murphy for Martin trade went down. If anything happens it will most probably be underwhelming and won't make us any better than we currently are.

Lord Helmet
02-14-2010, 03:32 AM
No trades, then we'll hear later about how a great trade got away because the other team found a better deal. :devil:

pwee31
02-14-2010, 03:43 AM
We're going to be about 5-10 minutes away from a deal, when it falls through right at the end.

Other then that there were a lot of offers, and a lot of interest from other teams in our players, but Bird didn't see a move that really made sense, or that would've made the team better.

Roaming Gnome
02-14-2010, 04:40 AM
Unfortunately, I see the Pacers taking a "Salary Dump" only. I know we want some young talent to go along with the Salary Dump, but I just don't see it happening. I see us taking one of the deals that are "currently" on the table now for Murphy as none of the other GM's probably feel that Murph is worth more then just the expiring being offered.

Then on top of that... If giving Murphy away gets the Simons under the luxury tax, is he worth paying his salary on top of the dollar for dollar penalty and losing out on the rebate for the teams that are under the tax?

I'll be as surprised if Murphy stays a Pacer as if we get talent in return.

CableKC
02-14-2010, 05:19 AM
I really hope that the Pacers do a SalaryDump. I'm hoping that we end up with Z+Powe+1st.

But even if it's just Z or Kenny Thomas for Murphy....I have a sinking feeling that Bird will try to continue to try to do something...will ask for too much ( as in the continued insistance of Hickson AND 1st round pick ), we will end up doing nothing, wait it out until next season and then end up paying a hefty price in trying to get out from under the LT in 2010-2011.

Justin Tyme
02-14-2010, 05:40 AM
No trades, then we'll hear later about how a great trade got away because the other team found a better deal. :devil:

That sounds about right.

Justin Tyme
02-14-2010, 05:45 AM
there were a lot of offers, and a lot of interest from other teams in our players, but Bird didn't see a move that really made sense, or that would've made the team better.

That pretty much sums up the company line I expect to hear after 3PM Thursday.

Did you pull this from an old post from last year or possibly the year b4?

Justin Tyme
02-14-2010, 06:13 AM
I'd like to see a trade of Murphy for an expiring and plus in the form of a young talent or a pick....both if possible. I want the expiring for future LT situation. This is what I want, but I'm beginning to feel PWee31 post is what's truly going to come about. I'm old enough to know not to get too excited about a trade, but still I want to see it happen.

I just don't want a Saco trade for Martin. I just have this uneasy feeling of taking on another teams injury prone player who will continue as such in a Pacers uni in the future. I'm just tired of constantly having injured players who continue to draw their salaries while unable to contribute on the court.

The Kings with an expiring, Greene, and Sergio would be great. I wouldn't be opposed in swapping 1st's with the Kings if the Pacers have a worse record than the Kings in order to get this trade. It might be enough of an inducement to get the trade done.

Mourning
02-14-2010, 07:08 AM
I'm thinking we do a deal with either SacTown or Milwaukee, deals evolving around, respectively, Kenny Thomas and filler and Ridnour and filler (Alexander?).

Maybe the Kings add Beno Udrih. IF that were to happen I expect the Pacers to get "compensated" by getting one of their young talents (I would love, no LOVE to get Thompson, but I don't see them dealing him).

Maybe Milwaukee adds Dan Gadzuric, but I would guess the Pacers would get something better then Alexander in that case to make it even again.

Rightnow I think a deal with the Kings is more likely then the Bucks, but only just, because they aren't a division rival and it would likely net us a crap and a decent frontcourt player for, again respectively, the short and long term.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Thesterovic
02-14-2010, 10:43 AM
We aren't going to do anything. '

Cleveland thinks they are in the drivers seat, so they are trying to be extremely pushy, and I think Bird will pull out.

SARCASM ALERT:

Then we could trade Murphy to Sacramento, and Cleveland ultimately won't have enough talent to win a championship, making Danny Ferry WGMOTY when LeBron leaves. :dance:

Tom White
02-14-2010, 12:21 PM
We're going to be about 5-10 minutes away from a deal, when it falls through right at the end.

Other then that there were a lot of offers, and a lot of interest from other teams in our players, but Bird didn't see a move that really made sense, or that would've made the team better.

That will be the story, but will it be the truth?

Mr. Sobchak
02-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Nothing, unfortunately.

Trophy
02-14-2010, 12:56 PM
I'd really like to get both Martin and/or Thompson or Ilyasova, but I don't think we're making any trades.

vnzla81
02-14-2010, 01:07 PM
nothing is going to happen, Larry wants a package for Murphy that Cleveland can use to get Amare Stodemire.........:whip2:

Thesterovic
02-14-2010, 01:09 PM
They are NOT getting Amare.

At least I really hope not.

odeez
02-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Not sure if anything will happen, would love to get Jason Thompson somehow. But the feeling for me now is that nothing will get done. We the fans need a deal now, but the club doesn't need to do one. Murph, Dun, and TJ will continue to hold value going into the last year of their deals...

IMO: more waiting for us!

Kid Minneapolis
02-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Guys, what happens every year?

I know the trade speculation every year around this time is fun, but deep down, y'all have known what was gonna end up happening. The "have patience" announcement by Bird was the unofficial acknowledgement of that reality.

Sollozzo
02-14-2010, 03:07 PM
This is the season from hell. There is no way anything is happening.

Anthem
02-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Guys, what happens every year?

I know the trade speculation every year around this time is fun, but deep down, y'all have known what was gonna end up happening. The "have patience" announcement by Bird was the unofficial acknowledgement of that reality.
I'm expecting the words "We want to see what we have now that we're getting guys back from injury."

graphic-er
02-14-2010, 03:27 PM
I think the trade with sacto will happen, Marc Stein reported a few days ago that Sacto offered up thompson, Larry would be the biggest idiot in the league if he did not accept. He may be holding out for a better option just in case, but if that deal is there he needs to take it.

Lance George
02-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Has anyone ever confirmed that Marc Stein said that the Kings offered Jason Thompson?

idioteque
02-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Nothing will happen.

Bird will not partake in a Kenny Thomas or Big Z salary dump unless Herb Simon really pressures him to make such a deal to save money. I really don't think it is in Bird's nature to make any sort of financial deal like that.

The Cavs will probably end up getting a better player than Murphy, and while I think Bird would love to trade for Kevin Martin, the Kings won't take him for just Murphy, and Bird isn't going to gamble and include Rush in the deal.

All of that is okay, I guess. I don't think I'd include Rush in a deal for Kevin Martin. When JOB finally gets the axe Rush might surprise a lot of people here. J.J. Hickson has never been that exciting to me, I don't get his mystique at all. So, oh well.

The only deal that could possibly happen to Ford for Ridnour/Illyasova (if the money even makes sense) and that doesn't really excite me at all.

Will Galen
02-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Sac looks most probable to me, but Bird isn't doing a salary dump. He will accept an expiring, and either a pick or a young guy.

PaceBalls
02-14-2010, 04:46 PM
It is just killing me knowing Kevin Martin is available and we are in the discussion. I need to steel myself for massive dissapointment... Kenny Thomas and the fat kid from UNC is most likely what is going on. :cry:

Trophy
02-14-2010, 05:08 PM
It's good for both sides.

:thepacers
G Kevin Martin
G Beno Udrih
F Ime Udoka

:kings:
F Troy Murphy
G Earl Watson
G Luther Head

Hicks
02-14-2010, 05:13 PM

G Kevin Martin
G Beno Udrih
F Ime Udoka

F Troy Murphy
G Earl Watson
G Luther Head

Financially, no, that's not good for us at all. Not at all. We'd be paying Udrih $7.8mm in 2013!

Trophy
02-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Financially, no, that's not good for us at all. Not at all. We'd be paying Udrih $7.8mm in 2013!

Replacing Udrih with Sergio Rodriguez was something else I had in mind.

Sookie
02-14-2010, 06:00 PM

Yup, for a backup point guard. Like I said, just remember..management didn't want to pay Jack that much. Udrih isn't really a player we'd want. He's too expensive to take on.

CableKC
02-14-2010, 06:17 PM

G Kevin Martin
G Beno Udrih
F Ime Udoka

F Troy Murphy
G Earl Watson
G Luther Head
Sorry, but for all of you that think that KMart can be had for Troy Murphy.....you're really getting your hopes up too much. Petrie may have some passing fascination with Murphy, but he's not going to give up KMart to get him.:laugh:

My absolute guess here is that the Cavs probably have some standing offer for Z+1st round pick+Powe with the Pacers for Murphy+Diener ASSUMING that the Amare deal falls through or the Cavs decide to cave on some deal for Jamison in some Salary Dump Deal involving Hickson+1st+Z+$$$. I have my doubts that the Suns will do what the Grizzlies did a few seasons ago and dumped one Gasol for another along with little else. For Jamison.....we all know that Hickson is probably the sticking point for the Cavs.....and IF Lebron is the guy that is holding out for Hickson.....then Lebron has to get his head checked. Hickson is a decent Player....but he's not worth that much that he'd be worth holding onto when getting back a Starting caliber player.

IMHO....it's Z+1st round+Powe or bust. SacTown is a young Team and can't afford to give up the assets that we want.

My new nickname for Murphy is "The Consolation Prize".....if all else fails for the Cavs......Murphy is the last option for the Cavs.

Naptown_Seth
02-14-2010, 09:33 PM
I'm expecting the words "We want to see what we have now that we're getting guys back from injury."
Dangit, I voted Z and pick but you and Minny make too much sense. You can see it coming a mile away already.

mildlysane
02-15-2010, 10:04 AM
I voted no deal. I agree that the "patience" plea from Larry was a disguised "We are standing pat." I won't be surprised at all if we do not do any trades. The next thing to look forward to as a Pacer fan, will be seeing how many teams jump over us in the lottery.

Unclebuck
02-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Probably nothing will happen. But if you believe the reports the Cavs have agreed to trade Z and Hickson to the Pacers for Murph if they cannot get Amare