PDA

View Full Version : Cavs beat Magic. And?

McKeyFan
02-12-2010, 05:19 AM
Does the Cavs win over the Magic last night, along with JJ Hickson's strong performance, affect the trade talks?

d_c
02-12-2010, 05:27 AM
Does the Cavs win over the Magic last night, along with JJ Hickson's strong performance, affect the trade talks?

No. Same as it ever was.

Justin Tyme
02-12-2010, 06:15 AM
Nothing should change. He's still averaging 7/4. Andy V. is more important to the Cavs title run than Hickson.

Alabama-Redneck
02-12-2010, 08:14 AM
Last night, at the end of the TNT pre-game show, Ernie Johnson commented on a conversation he had with Kevin McHale about trades.

According to Ernie, Mchale said "There will be a trade this weekend and Cleveland's starting lineup will change". Chris Webber popped in with the comment "Troy Murphy" and the show ended.

That is what I heard and there are no links. Who knows ? :whoknows:

:cool:

owl
02-12-2010, 09:05 AM
If Bird can pull a rabbit out of his trade hat that includes Hickson, a first and an expiring
he deserves some praise.

count55
02-12-2010, 09:12 AM
No. Same as it ever was.

Letting the days go by (let the water hold me down)
Letting the days go by (water flowing underground)
Into the blue again (after the money's gone)
Once in a lifetime (water flowing underground)

McKeyFan
02-12-2010, 09:28 AM
It just seems to me, if beating the Magic in the playoffs is the Cavs big concern, that the fact they did so last night might give them pause in making the Murph Z Hickson trade.

Unclebuck
02-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Team don't let 1 impact something as major as trades - at least the good franchises don't

ksuttonjr76
02-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Nothing should change. He's still averaging 7/4. Andy V. is more important to the Cavs title run than Hickson.

You're not looking at the big picture. He's improving, and now the Cavs have a BIG decision ahead of them. Do we REALLY need Murphy since Hickson is starting to show signs of improvement?

Tom White
02-12-2010, 10:18 AM
You're not looking at the big picture. He's improving, and now the Cavs have a BIG decision ahead of them. Do we REALLY need Murphy since Hickson is starting to show signs of improvement?

I'll just add that it appeared to me LBJ was really looking for Hickson early on in the game. It seemed as though those two were making connection constantly.

Justin Tyme
02-12-2010, 11:29 AM

No you aren't looking at the big picture.

I didn't realize JJ had developed a 3 pt shot to stretch the "D". Murphy is averaging 2x the points and rebounds than JJ, and adds a "TOTAL" demension than what JJ offers. Just remember the Cavs have the samething as JJ in Andy V. Cavs't DO NOT have a player that brings the attributes that Murphy has. Thus the Cavs interest in Murphy.

Wylder1324
02-12-2010, 12:31 PM
I dont think it really has much bearing on what happens at all. Hickson gets more garbage buckets at this point than anything else. I like Hickson, but Im not sure he isnt more valuable to us as trade bait, than as the long term guy at PF. To me he isnt a gret defender, nor is he a great rebounder at his position......he relies almost exlusively on athleticism to score at this point (although he has a decent 12-15 footer at times).....He could be very valuable come draft night though if we want a 2nd 1st rounder, or we want to move up and grab a higher spot to target a specific player. In the end I think Murphy really helps Cleveland......its no secret that Murphs defense is sub-par, but as others have pointed out, it wont be nearly as exposed on an all around superior defensive squad like the Cavs.....as a matter of fact, it prob wont show much at all.....I kind of doubt we can get Hickson and a pick out of the deal though....Im not even saying we get Hickson out of it, but I dont think it would be in Clevelands worst interest if we did......Imagine if Larry pulls both this trade off, and also gets invovled in a trade witht he likes of Boston to move TJ......Christmas would come twice this year.

ksuttonjr76
02-12-2010, 05:41 PM
No you aren't looking at the big picture.

I didn't realize JJ had developed a 3 pt shot to stretch the "D". Murphy is averaging 2x the points and rebounds than JJ, and adds a "TOTAL" demension than what JJ offers. Just remember the Cavs have the samething as JJ in Andy V. Cavs't DO NOT have a player that brings the attributes that Murphy has. Thus the Cavs interest in Murphy.

Lebron and Shaq signed off on Hickson. If Hickson keeps progressing and Lebron leaves Cleveland, then Cleveland has a "starting piece" vs. a rental to go forward with. Plus, they still keep their draft pick after this season...IMHO, Cleveland should reject their Indiana's trade and take their chances with Hickson. Not every coach loves a stretch-4 like JOB does. And to quote my old man, there's a difference between a need and a want. The Cavs don't need Murphy.

Peck
02-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Team don't let 1 impact something as major as trades - at least the good franchises don't

Well that rules out the pacers.:p

Thesterovic
02-12-2010, 06:08 PM
JJ Hickson is Shaq's little brother. Shaq took JJ under his wing. Technically, we're getting a piece of Shaq too. At least thats what I hear the announcers blab about 90% of Cavs games.