PDA

View Full Version : Just received a email from the Pacers

vapacersfan
02-11-2010, 07:51 PM
I am a first year season ticket holder, and I just received a email from the Pacers stating that I could receive 2 lower bowl tickets for 1 game of my choosing as a "rookie gift".

I had to choose 1 of 3 games, and I choose the Spurs game later on this month.

Have anyone else received this email? Have to wonder if this is a perk everyone gets or if this is them hoping to keep fans around (and fill up the arena)

chrisjacobs7
02-11-2010, 07:57 PM
I got it as well... chose the Bulls game.

joeyd
02-12-2010, 12:04 AM
I think the ticket reps and their supervisors understand that they might have to work a little harder to retain STHs this year with the convergence of unfortunate events going on (e.g., economy still bad, team's record not improving). I think they are taking all reasonable steps that they can (the ticket reps, that is), but are of course limited by the higher-ups in the front office and budget issues. I've been extremely satisfied with my STH experience to date, and have realized from the get-go that these folks cannot control the fortunes of the team. I've witnessed them go to great lengths to make fellow STH's happy, and have nothing but kudos for the folks that have been working with us. However, I think this type of a gesture happens every so often even for long-time STH's. Perhaps others can confirm?

Brad8888
02-13-2010, 02:00 PM
I think the ticket reps and their supervisors understand that they might have to work a little harder to retain STHs this year with the convergence of unfortunate events going on (e.g., economy still bad, team's record not improving). I think they are taking all reasonable steps that they can (the ticket reps, that is), but are of course limited by the higher-ups in the front office and budget issues. I've been extremely satisfied with my STH experience to date, and have realized from the get-go that these folks cannot control the fortunes of the team. I've witnessed them go to great lengths to make fellow STH's happy, and have nothing but kudos for the folks that have been working with us. However, I think this type of a gesture happens every so often even for long-time STH's. Perhaps others can confirm?

They are more interested in new and very recent STH than they are long term ones. After going through 5 different reps last year about being upset with having paid $96 per seat in what was my 10th year as a STH when the seats immediately behind mine in Section 105, Row 2 were being sold for prices ranging from about $40 down to mostly $10 or $20 for the last 25 or so games last season, all I got was two Chef's Tables at the Varsity Club (a $56 value) for one game while I still had to pay for sodas, dessert, and the tax, as well as a tip for the waitstaff. That "free meal" cost me nearly $30 for a meal that I could have bought outside of Conseco for roughly that to start with. What a bargain :rolleyes:.

Even after the season, through the beginning of this one, I tried to continue to let them know how upset I was about being taken advantage of to the tune of over $4,000 and that I didn't feel that being offered the very same renewal deal that even the general public was being offered as first time purchasers was fair to me at all because I felt I had been ripped off in a big way after the rep who had sold me my tickets (Larry's brother, Eddie Bird) clearly told me that one of the primary benefits of being a STH is that at no time would anyone pay less than what I did, in advance, for equivalent or better seating. He lied to me, without remorse, and after dealing with 5 additional reps who basically listened, told me they understood why I felt ripped off, and then proceeded to basically blow me off by saying that I had been given the opportunity to purchase additional tickets at a reduced rate and that should make me happy and that I had been treated fairly. When I struggled to give my full price tickets away when I could not attend games to start with, why in the world would I ever purchase MORE tickets? I was never offered seat upgrades or any other perks that apparently are commonplace, other than to get access to the Best Lockerroom bar (I don't drink, and you watch the game on TV's in there, so why would that interest me? Just to be able to stand in line for Larry Bird's autograph (which is another perk of having access to the Best Lockerroom) during the game?)? No, thanks!

So, in response to your post, no, the Pacers don't always bend over backwards for their STH's, especially those of us who are long term STH's with non-balcony seats who are not corporate large clients. In fact, it has been my experience that they have bent me, and other STH's, over with the promotions that don't include adjustments for STH's to make things equal.

datguy
02-16-2010, 08:32 AM
I received this email too and chose the Spurs game. Does anyone know if the tickets will be at Will Call? I can't recall getting seat location after I signed up.

Hibbert Laugh
02-16-2010, 12:23 PM
I received this email too and chose the Spurs game. Does anyone know if the tickets will be at Will Call? I can't recall getting seat location after I signed up.

I believe the tickets will be placed into your online ticket manager account (www.nba.com/pacers/myaccount.html) and you'll be able to print the tickets for free from there.

SMosley21
02-16-2010, 12:28 PM
I believe the tickets will be placed into your online ticket manager account (www.nba.com/pacers/myaccount.html) and you'll be able to print the tickets for free from there.

That's exactly how it works.

Naptown_Seth
02-16-2010, 03:34 PM
I am a first year season ticket holder, and I just received a email from the Pacers stating that I could receive 2 lower bowl tickets for 1 game of my choosing as a "rookie gift".

I had to choose 1 of 3 games, and I choose the Spurs game later on this month.

Have anyone else received this email? Have to wonder if this is a perk everyone gets or if this is them hoping to keep fans around (and fill up the arena)
Didn't get that one.

I did get confirmation that I would be allowed to keep attending games that I paid full price (1/2 season discount) for in the lower bowl. What a deal. :rolleyes:

vapacersfan
02-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Didn't get that one.

I did get confirmation that I would be allowed to keep attending games that I paid full price (1/2 season discount) for in the lower bowl. What a deal. :rolleyes:

I do not know your situation, but have you contacted your ticket rep

(link:http://www.nba.com/pacers/tickets/meet_the_staff.html)

Maybe just mention you heard about this deal and ask if they can work something out with you.

Hey, it can't hurt to ask, right :dunno:

chrisjacobs7
02-16-2010, 06:17 PM
They put my tickets into my account this afternoon, so if you signed up you should have them now.

pristinecollector
02-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but....I got my free tickets today. Section 14 row 20. Not bad I guess, but I can sit in row 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20 just about any night I want with the way attendance has been this year. What would have made it great would have been to get a row 7 and below with locker room restaurant access.