PDA

View Full Version : Pacers want Hickson for Murphy

I Love P
02-10-2010, 09:48 AM
If the Cavaliers are going to acquire forward Troy Murphy from the Pacers they are likely going to have to part with J.J. Hickson.

Sources told the Cleveland Plain Dealer that the two teams have made headway in talks, but Indiana insists on getting Hickson in return. The Cavaliers are also reluctant to offer a first-round pick in any deadline deal.

The Pacers, according to another source, are also in talks with the BUCKS and KINGS regarding Murphy.

Via Cleveland Plain
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64586/20100210/pacers_want_hickson_for_murphy/

Playing around on espn trade machine. Heres what the deals would proabably be IMO....

Bucks:

I really cant find a deal that makes since and matches up cap wise. I guess, in return getting three expiring contracts? Kurt Thomas, Hakim Warrick and Luke Ridnour. Pacers could probably throw in Diener to give them a replacement backup.

Kings:

Kenny Thomas (1 year $8,775,000) and Hilton Armstrong (1 year $2,801,198) This is the trade I see happening. Then in the summer Bird will sign Armstrong to a multi year deal.

Tom White
02-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Already being discussed in vnzla81's thread "not only Cleveland is interested....".

PacerGuy
02-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Kings:
Kenny Thomas (1 year $8,775,000) and Hilton Armstrong (1 year $2,801,198) This is the trade I see happening. Then in the summer Bird will sign Armstrong to a multi year deal.

Armstrong BLOWS!
LB needs to get athletic youth, & Sac has far more & better then Armstrong.

kellogg
02-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Armstrong BLOWS!
LB needs to get athletic youth, & Sac has far more & better then Armstrong.

Which is precisely why LB will sign Armstrong to a multiyear deal...kind of like what he did with James White, Sarunas (remember him?), Dahntay and Diener.