PDA

View Full Version : Ford returning this weekend with Watson out...

I Love P
02-05-2010, 10:55 AM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64490/20100205/ford_will_return_to_indianas_rotation/

well, hopefully he will showcase his skills before the deadline...

ksuttonjr76
02-05-2010, 12:16 PM
IMHO, Ford should have never been removed from the rotation in the first place. I will agree that he's not "fitting" the offense (more from his inability to shoot the 3), but he still have enough skills to backup Price. I'm pretty confident that Ford can outplay most teams' 2nd string PGs. Personally, Watson should be the PG that Indiana should be trying to trade...not Ford.

CableKC
02-05-2010, 12:38 PM
I agree. Ford has enough skill to fill the "Dunleavy isn't shooting too well in the game, maybe we should something different on the floor" role that he or Luther could have filled.

I will say this....I give him props for not causing a PR problem. He could easily have pulled an Artest or SJax and said something stupid.

ChicagoJ
02-05-2010, 01:07 PM
That's a good reason not to watch.

I doubt that Ford needs to showcase anything. He's been in the league for a while. Back in the day, you sat a veteran player that was involved in trade discussions so that he wouldn't get injured and have the trade blow up. For instance, Herb Williams went to street clothes for a handful of games before he was traded for Detlef.

I'm not saying that is why Ford was benched. He's awful. That's why he was benched.