PDA

View Full Version : Want Kirk Hinrich?

rocksballer58
02-04-2010, 10:38 PM
i don't know but i've been hearing from some guys i've talked to around the internet and some pacers fans. some say that troy murphy could go the bulls for kirk hinrich. what do you guys think of that? would you like that trade?

vnzla81
02-04-2010, 10:43 PM
I do that all day but they don't need Muphy tough

Smoothdave1
02-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Not going to happen for Murphy!!! Kirk has another 2 years and 17 million due (after this season). Would the Pacers entertain a deal Brad Miller for Murphy? Probably. But unless Ford is headed back to Chicago, there's no way the Pacers entertain or consider a Hinrich to Indy deal.

Hicks
02-04-2010, 10:51 PM
I'd love a Murphy for Brad swap. Big expiring contract for us, and we end the year having a Rasho-style veteran backup C behind big Roy. Even Jim can't complain because Brad can hit some 3's. ;)

Fan favorite because of his past, too.

If the Bulls included a pick, I'd drive Troy to the airport.

vnzla81
02-04-2010, 10:52 PM
I'd love a Murphy for Brad swap. Big expiring contract for us, and we end the year having a Rasho-style veteran backup C behind big Roy. Even Jim can't complain because Brad can hit some 3's. ;)

Fan favorite because of his past, too.

If the Bulls included a pick, I'd drive Troy to the airport.

ssssssshhhhhhh I'd drive Troy to Chicago

rexnom
02-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Why would the Bulls do anything to compromise their 2010 cap space? If they trade Hinrich it'll be for an expiring.

Smoothdave1
02-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Why would the Bulls do anything to compromise their 2010 cap space? If they trade Hinrich it'll be for an expiring.

That's the $64,000 question. As much as I would like to get Miller, I don't know that the Bulls want to deal him (being an expiring) unless they are getting quality back. Is Troy that quality? I would guess they would do a deal for a guy like Amare, but will probably try and stick Kirk in a deal too.

Would there be any interest in signing a guy like Brad Miller next summer for the vet min? I think he could help a guy like Roy out tremendously and could provide some veteran leadership. Besides, Brad does live outside of Fort Wayne during the summer and spends a lot of time in Indy during the summer too. Does anyone else recall a few years ago where Miller said that he wanted to sign with Indy once his large contract expired and said he would sign for the minimum?

pwee31
02-04-2010, 11:06 PM
I've always like Hinrich, but I see no reason why the Bulls would make that deal, most of the rumors I've heard have the Bulls wanting expiring contracts so they can be a major FA player this summer.

I could see maybe Z going from Cleveland to the Bulls, and Hinrich and Hickson coming here, but that doesn't help our cap situation

ksuttonjr76
02-04-2010, 11:51 PM
Doubt...Indiana is pretty loaded with perimeter players already.

Mourning
02-05-2010, 02:05 AM
Not interested.

MillerTime
02-05-2010, 02:34 AM
Doubt...Indiana is pretty loaded with perimeter players already.

Kirk could be our starting PG and he plays defence

cdash
02-05-2010, 03:22 AM
We've been through the Kirk Hinrich thing on here before. I don't get it. The guy sucks. He plays good defense, but why would you want to keep making the same mistake over and over again? We already have Tinsley and Ford on the books at $8 million next season. Do we want to add another craptastic PG at the same clip? AND add an extra year onto that? Pass.

BornReady
02-05-2010, 03:40 AM
dont want
still more interested in younger guys: augustin and law :D

MikeDC
02-05-2010, 09:28 AM
I don't see the logic to this from either side

Unclebuck
02-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Kirk's defense is really good

Gamble1
02-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Kirk's defense is really good
He is overpaid and he hasn't improved much. I use to want him like 3 years ago but he's not the solution to our pg problem, IMO.

Unclebuck
02-05-2010, 11:52 AM
He is overpaid and he hasn't improved much. I use to want him like 3 years ago but he's not the solution to our pg problem, IMO.

True. we would need a better long term answer at point guard. But if we draft a young point guard (or if we think Price is the long term solution) Kirk would be good for a year or two to help ease the new guy in. Ford is gone, Diener is gone, Watson's contract is up after this season so who knows if he'll be back. We have Price that is it, so we'll need someone else, and Kirk can play shooting guard as he can guard some of the shorter 2-guards rather well.

I don't think he's thr answer to anything, but he would upgrade our backcourt for sure. His salary is another issue and maybe the deal breaker

Hicks
02-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Maybe I'd feel differently watching him night after night, but I still like Kirk. Seems to me to be a tough guy, a good defender, and a capable shooter. Not sure about his passing, but I would presume it's not bad.

Gamble1
02-05-2010, 11:57 AM
True. we would need a better long term answer at point guard. But if we draft a young point guard (or if we think Price is the long term solution) Kirk would be good for a year or two to help ease the new guy in. Ford is gone, Diener is gone, Watson's contract is up after this season so who knows if he'll be back. We have Price that is it, so we'll need someone else, and Kirk can play shooting guard as he can guard some of the shorter 2-guards rather well.

I don't think he's thr answer to anything, but he would upgrade our backcourt for sure. His salary is another issue and maybe the deal breaker
TO me I think A. Miller would be a better mentor than Hinrich for Price.

Unclebuck
02-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Maybe I'd feel differently watching him night after night, but I still like Kirk. Seems to me to be a tough guy, a good defender, and a capable shooter. Not sure about his passing, but I would presume it's not bad.

He's excellent running pick and rolls - really really good. The problems have been in "running the offense" in gernal. Decision making, that sort of thing. Buf if you put him in a pick and roll every time he's good. Plus his shooting is inconsistant and probably overrated. I think his best attribute is his defense - very solid if not flashy

CableKC
02-05-2010, 12:43 PM
I get the impression that he's a better Comboguard that can be relied up on ( from time to time ) run the offense as a starter....but probably better as a backup. Hinrich isn't the type of player that is going to hurt you on offense and will help you on defense as an occasional Starter but better suited as the "1st Guard" off the bench type Player.

BTW....his contract is IMHO overpaid....but not as bad as others ( given what he does ) while being frontloaded and declining Contract that ends after 2011-2012 at $8mil.

If we could get him....I'd be all for it. But since the Bulls are looking for an Expiring Contract and likely some pick/prospect....I doubt that we'd have any chance.

Trophy
02-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Dunleavy and Foster for Brad Miller and Jannero Pargo.

If Chicago is looking to get someone this summer then this wouldn't go down. It saves us money and Brad would make a good backup for Roy. I would really want to bring back Brad Miller and maybe re-sign him for a much cheaper contract when he expires.

Mike would probably backup Deng or the other way around and Jeff backs up Noah, but I don't if they want someone who won't play this season.

RomanGabriel
02-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Wouldn't want his contract, but he'd be a great addition as a player. Never understood the hate for him up here. He's a great glue guy who's really, really appreciated by his teammates. He can run the point and has a good feel for controlling the pace of the game. His real strength is his awareness, especially defensively. He's a talker on the court, always helping out his teammates and is a particularly strong perimeter defender. He has a talent for "steering" his man to where he wants him to go. Every successful team needs a glue guy like Hinrich.

jeffg-body
02-06-2010, 12:17 AM
No thanks on the Hinrich trade.

KnicksRGarbage
02-06-2010, 02:52 AM
Contract issues aside (because this trade isn't going to happen)

I dont get it..

Aren't most of the people that post on this forum calling for a PG who can effectively run an offense and hold his own on D and not be all about scoring?
Hinrich is not a terrible shooter by any means. Decent shot. But as he's described above, isn't that what a lot of us have been desiring here for a while now??

Infinite MAN_force
02-06-2010, 03:20 PM
I like Hinrich, but if we wanted a PG on hinrich's level, we should have just paid Jarret Jack. It makes no sense to go after Hinrich and actually pay him MORE than we were gonna pay Jack. I think they are similar players in that they are decent fill in starters, but ideally the 1st gaurd off the bench on a really good team.

AesopRockOn
02-06-2010, 06:55 PM
<table style="width: 655px; height: 62px;" class="playerStatTable careerAvg" border="1" bordercolor="#cccccc" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="title"><td class="year">
Season</td> <td class="team">Team</td> <td>G</td> <td>GS</td> <td>MPG</td> <td>FG%</td> <td>3p%</td> <td>FT%</td> <td>OFF</td> <td>DEF</td> <td>RPG</td> <td>APG</td> <td>SPG</td> <td>BPG</td> <td>TO</td> <td>PF</td> <td>PPG</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="yr">09-10</td> <td class="yr">CHI</td> <td>41</td> <td>20</td> <td>32.4</td> <td>0.377</td> <td>0.351</td> <td>0.740</td> <td>0.4</td> <td>3.2</td> <td>3.7</td> <td>4.5</td> <td>1.0</td> <td>0.3</td> <td>1.8</td> <td>2.9</td> <td>10.1</td> </tr> <tr class="career"> <td class="col_1">Career</td> <td class="col_2">
</td> <td>481</td> <td>400</td> <td>34.0</td> <td>0.413</td> <td>0.378</td> <td>0.810</td> <td>0.4</td> <td>3.0</td> <td>3.4</td> <td>5.9</td> <td>1.3</td> <td>0.3</td> <td>2.2</td> <td>3.1</td> <td>13.5</td></tr></tbody></table>
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kirk_hinrich/index.html

Can't like those shooting numbers from Kirk no matter what team you are. That said, a trade to the Lakers makes the most sense if they give up the expirings the Bulls need for the FA's this summer. The Pacers are going to have trouble bringing in any talent at all until the summer.

cinotimz
02-06-2010, 10:34 PM
I cant help but think if Bird had a way to turn Murphy into Hinrich, he would do it.