PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Hughes to coach Clippers/ Mike Dunleavy Sr out

vnzla81
02-04-2010, 06:22 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=4887981

The Los Angeles Clippers have decided to make a coaching change with just 32 games left in the season, relieving Mike Dunleavy of his duties, according to team sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Clippers intend to name Kim Hughes as interim coach.

It is believed that Dunleavy -- who has been serving as the Clippers' coach/general manager since Elgin Baylor left the club early last season -- will retain his front-office title.

The Clippers began play Thursday with the 12th-best record in the Western Conference, seven games out of a playoff spot at 21-28.

vnzla81
02-04-2010, 06:27 PM
here is one team that has some pieces that the pacers could get.

QuickRelease
02-04-2010, 06:36 PM
here is one team that has some pieces that the pacers could get.

Who ya thinkin about?

vnzla81
02-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Who ya thinkin about?

Baron Davis and Kaman

BD 16.2 pts per game and 7.9 assist, with CP3 out for the all star game I think he will be name

Kaman 20.1 pts per game and 9.20 rebounds, he is also another guy who is maybe going to be an all star this year

jhondog28
02-04-2010, 07:37 PM
I think this is a good move. He has done a good job in the front office getting good cap space and money issues resolved. He actually has had success as a coach in Portland , LA Lakers and the Clippers for that one season, but his strength has always been in the front office.

CableKC
02-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Baron Davis and Kaman

BD 16.2 pts per game and 7.9 assist, with CP3 out for the all star game I think he will be name

Kaman 20.1 pts per game and 9.20 rebounds, he is also another guy who is maybe going to be an all star this year
Ignoring my numorous doubts about why BDiddy would want to come to Indy and why I wouldn't want him here in the first Place....what pieces do you think that we have that TPTB would be willing to give up that the Clippers would be interested in?

vnzla81
02-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Ignoring my numorous doubts about why BDiddy would want to come to Indy and why I wouldn't want him here in the first Place....what pieces do you think that we have that TPTB would be willing to give up that the Clippers would be interested in?

anybody but Danny, they want to move those big contracts for shorter ones, I would even trade Hibbert if we can get Kaman in return.

Pacerized
02-04-2010, 10:12 PM
My hope is that Larry has already spoken with Dun Sr. regarding Kamen. His contract is very reasonable for his production. Maybe by next year they'll be interested in clearing cap space and willing to trade Kamen for an expiring contract.
I think the fear of changes to the next cba could put us in a better position to move our expiring contracts then we realize now.

anybody but Danny, they want to move those big contracts for shorter ones, I would even trade Hibbert if we can get Kaman in return.

Smoothdave1
02-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Still waiting for the "Mike Dunleavy makes a trade for Mike Dunleavy" comments.....

Naptown_Seth
02-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Bill Simmons, FTW

Man I bet he's happy. I just hope they don't scoop up a good coach that the Pacers might want.

Also this might help make Bird feel more comfortable with a decision. I mean injuries, the Clips lost BLAKE FREAKING GRIFFIN. Sorry Tyler fans, but that comparison ain't even close.

vnzla81
02-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Still waiting for the "Mike Dunleavy makes a trade for Mike Dunleavy" comments.....

the rumor was that this was pretty close to happen when Dun jr was in GS, I think that he was offered to the clippers for Corey M.

judicata
02-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Also this might help make Bird feel more comfortable with a decision. I mean injuries, the Clips lost BLAKE FREAKING GRIFFIN. Sorry Tyler fans, but that comparison ain't even close.

You're going to have to explain this one to me.

Hicks
02-04-2010, 10:40 PM
I mean injuries, the Clips lost BLAKE FREAKING GRIFFIN. Sorry Tyler fans, but that comparison ain't even close.

Sounds like they should have taken Blair...

;)

jhondog28
02-04-2010, 10:44 PM
the rumor was that this was pretty close to happen when Dun jr was in GS, I think that he was offered to the clippers for Corey M.

I think I remember both father and son saying they would not like that. Said it would be hard playing for one another.

vnzla81
02-04-2010, 10:47 PM
I think I remember both father and son saying they would not like that. Said it would be hard playing for one another.

or is maybe because his son knows that he sucks as a coach.:)

jhondog28
02-04-2010, 10:53 PM
or is maybe because his son knows that he sucks as a coach.:)

I think now that he is not a coach it would be much more realistic that he goes after him now.

Naptown_Seth
02-04-2010, 11:18 PM
You're going to have to explain this one to me.
Not JOB's fault because of injuries. He often says "if we had Tyler"

Dun fired even though his main new star didn't play a single game and was clearly a much more critical and impressive player.

Bird sees that Dun is dumped under very similar circumstances, ie several years with weaker roster and a major injury this year, still not enough to put up with anymore.

Breaks the ice on dumping guys you are tired off but have been given a break due to the roster and/or injuries.

CableKC
02-05-2010, 05:43 PM
This gets even better:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/Los-Angeles-Clippers-Isiah-Thomas-020510

Author - Jeff Goodman
Posted on http://msn.foxsports.com

NBA Hall of Famer and current menís basketball coach at Florida International University Isiah Thomas has emerged as one of the candidates to run the Los Angeles Clippers.

According to a source close to the situation, the Clippers have reached out to Thomas -- who coached the Indiana Pacers and also the New York Knicks -- to take over coaching, general manager and president duties.

He would replace Mike Dunleavy, who was relieved of his coaching duties earlier this week but remains the general manager.
If this happens.....Zeke could continue his reign of destruction in ClipperLand.....he's the Cloverfield of the NBA Coaching/GM world.

Hicks
02-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Yeah, I'd drive Isiah to LA. Just for the promised entertainment to come.

Naptown_Seth
02-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I'd drive Isiah to LA. Just for the promised entertainment to come.
CO-SIGN!

:dance:

How can this possibly be true? It's insane. At that point Sterling is just blatantly losing on purpose for whatever reason.

Unless Isiah is Lebron's choice. :)

vnzla81
02-05-2010, 06:21 PM
that should make it easier for us to send Dun and Murphy for Kaman and Baron D :D