PDA

View Full Version : International scouting

Pacergeek
02-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Does anyone have any ideas why the Pacers have been so far behind the rest of the NBA in regards to either signing/drafting international prospects? I know that we tried and failed with Sarunus, but that shouldn't deter us from signing/drafting other international prospects. Most of the other teams in the NBA have productive international players on their rosters.

Hicks
02-04-2010, 05:29 PM
We have two prospect overseas right now (Lorbek, Barac). Dunno if they'll ever amount to anything in the NBA, though.

littlerichard54
02-04-2010, 06:43 PM
We have two prospect overseas right now (Lorbek, Barac). Dunno if they'll ever amount to anything in the NBA, though.

We have international players....Danny Granger, New Mexico....duh!

Roaming Gnome
02-04-2010, 06:53 PM

I consider these guys to be more like lottery tickets.... You spend close to nothing on them and shove them in a drawer hoping you can catch lightning in a bottle by the end of the week. ...but you know damn well it was just more then likely a waste of a dollar or two.

Gotta play to win, though!

Will Galen
02-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Does anyone have any ideas why the Pacers have been so far behind the rest of the NBA in regards to either signing/drafting international prospects? I know that we tried and failed with Sarunus, but that shouldn't deter us from signing/drafting other international prospects. Most of the other teams in the NBA have productive international players on their rosters.

Smits, Schremp, are standouts that have played for the Pacers.

I read an article sometime in the last two weeks that listed international players that NBA teams have the rights to. Don't remember where I read it, but we looked okay. And we have one of the best prospects in Lorbek.

I really don't see us being behind other teams.

bellisimo
02-04-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm still waiting for the Pacers to give me a call...

Jonathan
02-07-2010, 01:53 PM
I agree with bhaas. I am upset to see Omar Cassipi hitting outside jumpers after the Pacers sho0t below 40% some games I think Larry is prejudice towards foreign players!!!!!!

vnzla81
02-07-2010, 02:01 PM
I agree with bhaas. I am upset to see Omar Cassipi hitting outside jumpers after the Pacers sho0t below 40% some games I think Larry is prejudice towards foreign players!!!!!!

I don't think is that, the issue here is that NBA is competing against european teams, european players are only willing to come to a team like Indiana if you are overpaying, look at Ricky Rubio, he wanted to play for a team like the knicks because he was going to get money outside of basketball, if the guy when to Minny he was going to get a big pay cut(rookie salary)