PDA

View Full Version : Rob Morris

RA231
07-15-2004, 10:55 PM
Think we'll re-sign him after this season? I think he'll start sharing more minutes with Brackett this year. I hope he doesnt re sign, IMO hes a terrible MLB.

MSA2CF
07-15-2004, 11:02 PM
I don't know how he is still on the team. I mean, do Jim (Irsay) and Bill (Polian) not listen to the radio, fans, or newspaper? I have not heard one person who said Rob is doing a good job, is showing promise, should be kept, or is servicable. Am I just not looking in the right places? :shrug:

He just seems to aggressive, or maybe not enough. I don't know his problem. It wouldn't kill me if he stayed, but I would be surprised and appalled if he got a large contract. He's not worth it.

obnoxiousmodesty
07-15-2004, 11:47 PM
I hope he's gone after the season. I'm a bit surprised he's still a starter. Then again, this is part of the Colts defense we are talking about. It seems to disappoint often, Rob Morris included.

Suaveness
07-16-2004, 12:27 AM
Maybe its just me, but I thought he played well last year. I would not mind him staying.

Pig Nash
07-16-2004, 12:33 AM
i don't know whether or not i like him or not. I just think he's an average player on an average defense. :whoknows:

RA231
07-16-2004, 01:13 AM
Maybe its just me, but I thought he played well last year. I would not mind him staying.

Maybe as a back up

Dukins
07-16-2004, 08:57 AM
Yeah we should keep a MLB with great cat like quickness and great recovery time, willing to stick his nose in any play. :laugh: Rob Morris = SARCASM I wouldnt resign him to save his life.

ABADays
07-16-2004, 09:38 AM
I think Morris will be kept as a back-up - at back-up money.

fwpacerfan
07-16-2004, 01:19 PM
I don't think he'll be re-signed unless he will sign cheaply. I thought he showed improvement last year and he seemed to fit Dungy's system. It seems to me that the 3 key players in Dungy's scheme are CB, OLB and DT. In TB those were Barber, Brooks and Sapp. They were surrounded by good players, but not superstars.

Suaveness
07-20-2004, 05:25 PM
Wow, you guys are really hard on Rob. I guess I'm the only one who thought he played well.

fwpacerfan
07-20-2004, 05:34 PM
Wow, you guys are really hard on Rob. I guess I'm the only one who thought he played well.

I don't think he played badly. I thought he showed improvement but he will need to ratchet it up a notch to be re-signed.

Dukins
07-21-2004, 10:45 AM
I thought you guys were just joking, a little sarcasm of sorts. Morris did make good strides, but how hard is that when he did nothing in the first place. Our MLB should be leading the team in tackles, but our weakside linebacker is making all the plays thats terrible. Morris would trip over his own feet walking let alone trying to run and tackle someone. Morris is a serviceable Middle linbacker has Bill Polian stated.

fwpacerfan
07-21-2004, 02:45 PM
I thought you guys were just joking, a little sarcasm of sorts. Morris did make good strides, but how hard is that when he did nothing in the first place. Our MLB should be leading the team in tackles, but our weakside linebacker is making all the plays thats terrible. Morris would trip over his own feet walking let alone trying to run and tackle someone. Morris is a serviceable Middle linbacker has Bill Polian stated.

I think that in Dungy's defensive scheme the OLB is usually the leading tackler. I haven't been able to look that up yet but I believe that is the case. The point being that Morris isn't expected to be the leading tackler - he is supposed to fill a 'zone' on defense. I have heard nothing from Dungy's staff to suggest that he isn't doing his job. But that being said - he will not get a stupid raise from the Colts because his position isn't as vital as some others in this program.

Dukins
07-21-2004, 03:25 PM
I understand the zone, but he doesnt even fill his hole like he is supposed. He is out of position most of the time. Dungy may not have said anything concerning Morris, but Polian called him a serviceable player last season. I dont think you would want a person starting at one of the most important positions on the field "serviceable" Im serviceable. Rob is like Bender great potential IMO.:o

fwpacerfan
07-21-2004, 04:37 PM
The Colts are in a similar situation to the Pacers in that the team will be better next year without any major moves due to their youth. This can be frustrating as a fan because we want to sign the big FA but that isn't going to happen. It seems that Dungy and his staff are pretty pleased with the current group on defense. They have a lot of young guys on defense and last year was an adjustment for them. They will come to camp more experienced and ready to make the next jump in their development. This includes Morris.

I looked up what I could find on Tampa Bay's stats as a comparison to the Colts LB corps and I found that Derrick Brooks has made 188 tackles the last 2 years from OLB and Shelton Quarles the starting MLB has made 154. This is compared to 216 from the Colts OLB and 134 from Morris. Morris seems to be doing an adequate job, although far from deserving of a huge raise.

Bball
07-24-2004, 12:33 AM
I don't know how he is still on the team. I mean, do Jim (Irsay) and Bill (Polian) not listen to the radio, fans, or newspaper?

I'm sure Bill Polian has heard the rumblings... and I am pretty sure Polian is stubborn enough to hang onto Morris just so as not to be seen as cowering to the media or fans. He'll show us....

-Bball

Natston
07-31-2004, 01:52 PM
Rob Morris simply doesn't fit Dungy's system (I think he would be a good 2 down player in another system). IMO he'll go the way of Peterson and Washington simply because they didn't fit the system either.