PDA

View Full Version : Pacers to host career fair!

Smoothdave1
02-02-2010, 09:09 PM
The Pacers will be holding their annual career fair this Friday at Conseco. No word on whether or not they're accepting applications for a head coach or a power forward, but you're welcome to apply!

In all seriousness, it's a chance to meet with reps from several professional and college teams and a good way to find out about potential opportunities. See the link and info below: https://www.formspring.com/forms/pacers-career_fair

Friday, February 5th, 2010

Career Conference 9:00am-12:00pm
Career Fair 1:00-4:00pm

Career Conference

9:00 College Sport
10:00 Professional Sports
11:00 Corporate Sports

Career Fair
Meet with personnel from:
Indiana Pacers, Indiana Fever, Indianapolis Indians, Indiana Ice, Detroit Pistons, Cleveland Cavaliers, Columbus Blue Jackets, Louisville Bats, Indiana Sports Corporations, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis Tennis Championships, YMCA, Emmis Communications, Finish Line, Fox Sports Indiana, Black Coaches Association, Great Lakes Valley Conference, Fort Wayne Mad Ants, Milwaukee Bucks, United States Synchronized Swimming, USA Diving, Sports Management World Wide, and MORE

*Organizations participating are subject to change

Full and part-time positions, internships, and volunteer opportunities available

For more information, contact Alyssa Greco by phone at (317) 917-2834 or email at agreco@pacers.com.

Reservation Form
Career Fair Admission: $40, includes 2 Pacers tickets to Feb. 5th game & 1 ticket to 2010 Fever Home Opener

Career Fair PLUS Career Conference Admission: $60, includes 2 Pacers tickets to Feb. 5th game & 1 ticket to 2010 Fever Home Opener

Attendees should bring multiple copies of their resume.

the jaddler
02-02-2010, 09:15 PM
so basically this is a way for them to make money and move some tickets.......

PacerDude
02-02-2010, 09:41 PM
so basically this is a way for them to make money and move some tickets.......Bingo.

I've been to numerous, legitimate job fairs over the years and I was NEVER charged admission. That's just wrong.

And I'd bet that there's not a single job opening in the Pacer org.

vnzla81
02-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Bingo.

I've been to numerous, legitimate job fairs over the years and I was NEVER charged admission. That's just wrong.

And I'd bet that there's not a single job opening in the Pacer org.

Coaching?:confused:

Bball
02-02-2010, 09:51 PM
I thought the title said "Pacers to host career fail"

...and the thread title didn't confuse me...