PDA

View Full Version : Rose out of All-Star weekend's rookie/sophomore game

MillerTime
02-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Taj Gibson won’t have to worry. Derrick Rose isn’t going to dunk on him in the All-Star weekend's Rookie Challenge.

That’s because Rose won’t be there.

Oh, he’ll be at All-Star weekend, and proudly on the stand when they introduce the 2010 NBA All-Stars Sunday Feb. 14 in the Dallas Cowboys’ stadium before what is expected to be the biggest crowd ever for an NBA basketball game.

But Rose got a pass from the NBA to miss the rookie/sophomore game because he was to compete in events every day with the Skills Challenge Saturday. The NBA could not find any record of a player ever being asked to compete in events each day.

The league decided it would be unfair to Rose and the Bulls to ask him to do so much, so Rose will be excused from the rookie/sophomore game, which also features teammate Taj Gibson.

The NBA had not yet named a substitute for Rose as of Tuesday morning.
http://blogs.bulls.com/chicago_bulls_blog/2010/02/rose-out-of-all-star-rookiesophomore-game.html
Chicago Bulls Blog
By Sam Smith

Speed
02-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Joy of Roy?

Hate the saying, but was trying to be concise...

d_c
02-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Joy of Roy?

Hate the saying, but was trying to be concise...

Either him or Jason Thompson

Speed
02-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Kings have Tyreke Evans, the Pacers have no one. Does Boomer even get to go? Is there one reason I should watch this stuff as a Pacer fan??

threein73
02-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Or if they want a guard, although not a PG, based on recent play, select Brandon!

KnicksRGarbage
02-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Kings have Tyreke Evans, the Pacers have no one. Does Boomer even get to go? Is there one reason I should watch this stuff as a Pacer fan??

NO.

CableKC
02-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Morrow is supposed to take his place.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64427/20100202/morrow_replaces_rose_in_rookie_game/

Like always....I blame JO'B.

NOTE - Is there a color that I can use that allows me to be "half-joking" and being "half-serious"?