PDA

View Full Version : O'Brien not coaching Tuesday due to death in family

pwee31
02-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Read on mike wells Twitter he is out for death in the family. My guess is Dr. Jack Ramsey's wife. Lester Connor will be coaching Tues.

Thanks for updating title. I'm at work and posted from my phone rather quickly. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

MillerTime
02-01-2010, 03:09 PM
My condolences to the O'Brien family

Peck
02-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Well hell, the one thing I have wanted and now I can't even be happy to have it due to circumstance.

No matter what I think of his coaching I feel compasion as a human being towards him so I will send along my condolences as well.

CableKC
02-01-2010, 03:13 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences to his family.

Unclebuck
02-01-2010, 03:16 PM
I assume everyone knows but in case you don't.

Jim is married to Jack Ramsey's daughter. Jack Ramsey's wife (Jim's mother-in-law) passed away over the weekend.

sportfireman
02-01-2010, 03:23 PM
My prayers of strength go out to the OBrien and Ramsey families.:( GOD bless you all in your time of grieving.

But I was wishing he was fired...........sorry.

Los Angeles
02-01-2010, 03:46 PM
God speed Mrs. Ramsey ...

BornReady
02-01-2010, 04:23 PM
wow
im not gonna lie i was excited when i first saw this thread topic
but not anymore
my condolences

Lord Helmet
02-01-2010, 04:30 PM
My God even if some of you guys were happy at first until you saw the reason, I don't think this is the place to even mention that.

JMO, not trying to start a fire.

Condolences to the O'Brien family. Be strong, Coach.

CableKC
02-01-2010, 04:31 PM
wow
im not gonna lie i was excited when i first saw this thread topic
but not anymore
my condolences
pwee31 or Admins, to avoid confusion....do you mind changing the title to clarify why JO'B is not coaching ( as in "O'Brien not coaching Tuesday due to Death in the family" )?

Hicks
02-01-2010, 04:38 PM
pwee31 or Admins, to avoid confusion....do you mind changing the title to clarify why JO'B is not coaching ( as in "O'Brien not coaching Tuesday due to Death in the family" )?

Good idea. Done.

Roaming Gnome
02-01-2010, 04:44 PM
My condolences to the family...

GO!!!!!
02-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Condolences....

odeez
02-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Condolences indeed....

Hoop
02-01-2010, 05:24 PM
I've always liked Dr. Jack, very nice man. My Condolences to the Ramsey family.

graphic-er
02-01-2010, 05:24 PM
I hope JOB appreciates all the condolences posted on here that he will never read a word of.

Hicks
02-01-2010, 05:42 PM
I hope JOB appreciates all the condolences posted on here that he will never read a word of.

I guess I'll wait to do something nice until I'm sure enough people are watching me first.

graphic-er
02-01-2010, 05:50 PM
I guess I'll wait to do something nice until I'm sure enough people are watching me first.

Nice? Whats nice about saying "my condolences ...." on a message board when the person for family at heart isn't going to see it. That not doing something nice. Its more like a lazy prop to yourself.

Nice would be actually sending a card to JOB's office at Conseco.

Since86
02-01-2010, 05:59 PM
It's been said many of times in the past for many different reasons.

People inside the Pacers organization know this site exists, some participate although anonoymously, others probably just lurk, and then others might know about it but stay away.

I'm more than positive JOb knows that there are disguntles here with the way he runs the Pacers. What this thread shows though, is that although we don't agree with his basketball philosophy, we stand behind him as a human being who is in a difficult time.

Maybe we should find e-cards and have members sign it electronically, and send it to the Pacers front office.

As much as I dislike his coaching style, I fully support Jim O'Brien the person and want him and his family to make it through this time as a stronger unit.

There's nothing wrong with showing support this way.

Lord Helmet
02-01-2010, 06:01 PM

People inside the Pacers organization know this site exists, some participate although anonoymously, others probably just lurk, and then others might know about it but stay away.

I'm more than positive JOb knows that there are disguntles here with the way he runs the Pacers. What this thread shows though, is that although we don't agree with his basketball philosophy, we stand behind him as a human being who is in a difficult time.

Maybe we should find e-cards and have members sign it electronically, and send it to the Pacers front office.

As much as I dislike his coaching style, I fully support Jim O'Brien the person and want him and his family to make it through this time as a stronger unit.

Very well-said. I like the idea of an e-card.

Brad8888
02-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Condolences to all who are members of the Ramsey or O'Brien families or those who care about them as friends and colleagues during the trying times ahead. There are no easy losses, and it often is a long road to subsidence of the grief to a tolerable level. May they all rely on God's strength to carry them through it to better times.

Justin Tyme
02-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Condolences to all who are members of the Ramsey or O'Brien families or those who care about them as friends and colleagues during the trying times ahead. There are no easy losses, and it often is a long road to subsidence of the grief to a tolerable level. May they all rely on God's strength to carry them through it to better times.

AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!

McKeyFan
02-01-2010, 07:24 PM

Well said.

I'm convinced JOB reads some of the stuff on here, as do other people on the team and in the organization.

If the Pacers is your full time job, where do you go to read in depth material? There's only so much stuff out there. Unless you hit PD, there's only about ten minutes a day of material to peruse, if that.

They read Pacers Digest.

graphic-er
02-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Well said.

I'm convinced JOB reads some of the stuff on here, as do other people on the team and in the organization.

If the Pacers is your full time job, where do you go to read in depth material? There's only so much stuff out there. Unless you hit PD, there's only about ten minutes a day of material to peruse, if that.

They read Pacers Digest.

Dare to dream. I would put more faith in idea that the organization discourages the players from visiting the message boards because it offers nothing of value to them. If the team is doing good, then you'll read nothing but great comments. If the team is doing bad like it is currently, then you read nothing but criticism and even worse a bunch of player bashing. Which is pretty much the norm on this board.

No one in the organization is going to find any in depth content here. This is an NBA team full of people who study the game of basketball all their lives.

I do realize that Danny Granger supposedly has an account, but that does not mean he visits on a regular basis, especially since it only has like a hand full of posts. Its more like an opportunity for him to come on here and thank the fans once a season for their support. I doubt he is coming here to find out the missing piece of his game.

Hicks
02-02-2010, 11:36 AM
The point is, whether they read it or not, it's our way of publicly showing/expressing respect and consideration to Jim and his family.

I don't think there is anything to gain by discussing this. Someone raised a stink when Mel Simon died and people posted "thank you's" and condolences, and that conversation was worthless.

If you think it's stupid/pointless/whatever, just ignore it rather than go in this direction. It doesn't accomplish anything other than serving as a turd in the punch bowl and perhaps to make you look bad and/or to annoy/anger us. Leave it alone.

And yes, people involved with the Pacers do read us, and at least one posts.

Since86
02-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Anthony Johnson when here was quoted that he read messages boards. He didn't specifically call out PD, but the only reason he would read RATS is for laughs once a month.

Mr. Boyle posts here frequently, and has said people in the front office reads this site. And if I'm not mistaken, didn't another regular poster have an internship in the front office, either with the Pacers or Fever or both and talk about how he knew a lot of people in the office read PD but it was one of those things no one would discuss?

Either way, why does it matter?