PDA

View Full Version : Stein's Weekend Dime - Murphy mentioned

I Love P
01-30-2010, 11:37 PM
Western Conference scout on whether the Cleveland Cavaliers would be better off acquiring Antawn Jamison or Troy Murphy

"Jamison can help them more short-term, but I like Murphy's contract better.

"Jamison is better around the basket. He can shoot 3s like Murphy can. But the last year of Jamison's deal -- $15 million when he'll be 35 -- would scare me. So I'd go with Murphy.

"He doesn't play defense like the Cavs [expect], but he only has one season left after this one [at nearly $12 million]. If I'm the Cavs and I end up losing LeBron, I'm not going to want Jamison on my books in that last year at $15 million."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-100129-30/checking-nba-scouts

BlueNGold
01-31-2010, 12:33 AM
I'm going into sell-mode.

Troy can drill the 3 from anywhere on the perimeter. This will spread the floor and allow Shaq to dominate inside one-on-one with no help from the PF who will be out on the perimeter guarding Troy. If Shaq's man is busy, Lebron will be dunking every time down the court. Varejao and Hickson simply cannot do that for the Cavs. Instead, they clog the lane and get in the way of the two all-stars going to work.

Also, with Shaq inside there is far less need for a physical presence at PF on defense. At the same time, Troy will really help clean the glass. Combine this with the fact he's soon a valuable expiring contract and this is a steal for the Cavs. All they need to do is part with the inexperienced Hickson...a young, unproven player who cannot possibly deliver in the playoffs this year.

It really is critical that the Cavs get another piece to help them this year. Lebron is in the balance and Murphy could be just the right player to spread the floor and help sweep the boards.

Dude is a perfect fit for them.

the jaddler
01-31-2010, 12:38 AM
I'm going into sell-mode.

Troy can drill the 3 from anywhere on the perimeter. This will spread the floor and allow Shaq to dominate inside one-on-one with no help from the PF who will be out on the perimeter guarding Troy. If Shaq's man is busy, Lebron will be dunking every time down the court. Varejao and Hickson simply cannot do that for the Cavs. Instead, they clog the lane and get in the way of the two all-stars going to work.

Also, with Shaq inside there is far less need for a physical presence at PF on defense. At the same time, Troy will really help clean the glass. Combine this with the fact he's soon a valuable expiring contract and this is a steal for the Cavs. All they need to do is part with the inexperienced Hickson...a young, unproven player who cannot possibly deliver in the playoffs this year.

It really is critical that the Cavs get another piece to help them this year. Lebron is in the balance and Murphy could be just the right player to spread the floor and help sweep the boards.

Dude is a perfect fit for them.

and dont forget the double doubles and the ablity to play lots of minutes!!!

vnzla81
01-31-2010, 02:29 AM
and dont forget the double doubles and the ablity to play lots of minutes!!!

and that he can play center, pf,sf,sg and even pg at times.

CableKC
01-31-2010, 03:17 AM
Not only that.....if you call now and accept this trade for Murphy in the next 10 minutes, the Pacers will thrown in this exclusive Gin-su Knife set that can chop, slice and julienne carrots in a jiffy!

Too bad Billy Mays passed away....the Pacers could have used him now more then ever.

mildlysane
01-31-2010, 10:40 AM
and that he can play center, pf,sf,sg and even pg at times.
...and he shoots 3's like Reggie Miller and rebounds like Dennis Rodman...

Justin Tyme
01-31-2010, 11:43 AM
You can have Murphy's buddy Dunleavy too for just the asking price of Shaq who comes with a 30 day return. Please don't miss out on this outstanding once in a life time offer!