PDA

View Full Version : This team is lost

Banta
01-30-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm not suggesting there's a wealth of talent on the current roster, but there's too much talent for them to be this this awful.

As I watch these games I see no offensive gameplan and no defensive strategy.

BlueNGold
01-30-2010, 05:37 PM
I'm not suggesting there's a wealth of talent on the current roster, but there's too much talent for them to be this this awful.

Out of the mouths of babes. Nice first post.

Actually, there is a gameplan and strategy. It's just a poor one.

Here's your proof: It took JOb half the season to figure out that Granger at the 4 was the best line-up. Half of this board knew that after the infamous 5 game winning streak. We could help him along with other things too if he'd just log in...

McKeyFan
01-30-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm wondering if he does.

Why did McBob get minutes last night? Is anyone screaming for it besides on this board?

BlueNGold
01-30-2010, 06:26 PM
I'm wondering if he does.

Why did McBob get minutes last night? Is anyone screaming for it besides on this board?

I think Murphy is being show-cased. McBob got minutes against the best defensive team in the conference so he didn't make too good of a showing causing even more unrest AND so Troy didn't make too bad of one. Considering Cleveland has such a sticky defense, there simply is no benefit to playing Troy...because it can only make him look bad.

As for his strategy being a poor one, I suppose it's only a poor one if you want to win games. It's a pretty good one if you want to trade Troy and wouldn't mind a higher draft pick.

MyFavMartin
01-30-2010, 10:17 PM
According to Hollinger, we're on pace for 28 wins and a top 5-6 finish regarding potential draft order.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

Ryan
01-30-2010, 10:34 PM
It's a disgrace JOB hasn't been fired yet. Absolute disgrace.

Bball
01-30-2010, 10:39 PM

The offensive strategy is called the CTT offense... (Also known as: Chuck The Three). It's also called the Spray and Pray offense.

The goal is to score 3's instead of measly 2's.

The defensive plan is to take the ball out of the net as quickly as possible to hurry down the floor and shoot a 3 to make up for the 2 that we just gave away.

thelostpacer
01-31-2010, 03:41 AM
if team is lost then stay tuned for tuned for lost final season tuesday night on abc..

thefeistyone
01-31-2010, 05:24 AM
It's a disgrace JOB hasn't been fired yet. Absolute disgrace.

Why would you fire him now? The team isn't going anywhere, he's a lame duck coach, let him finish out this year and we will get a new coach when our contracts are up and we hopefully make some kind of move...I may be alone, but I'm kind of hoping for Mark Jackson to take over.

Psycho T
01-31-2010, 05:54 AM
The team is lost because the coach is lost.

PacerDude
01-31-2010, 08:40 AM
............. I'm kind of hoping for Mark Jackson to take over.I've read this numerous times around here and yet, nobody has ever answered the question of Why ??

He has zero coaching experience. Yes, he was an excellent player, but I just don't see the traits necessary for an NBA head coach. With a group as messed up as these Pacers are, they would need someone that has been thru something similar - but different - in the past and has a plan. Jackson has neither. I can't see risking 3, 4 or 5 years of the franshise's time and millions of $$ on a whim.

Mr_Smith
01-31-2010, 09:08 AM
This team is lost because they are a bunch of scrubs and the coach is just the icing on the cake with sprinkles

BRushWithDeath
01-31-2010, 11:18 AM
Why would you fire him now? The team isn't going anywhere, he's a lame duck coach, let him finish out this year and we will get a new coach when our contracts are up and we hopefully make some kind of move...I may be alone, but I'm kind of hoping for Mark Jackson to take over.

He's not a lame duck. His contract includes next season. Unfortunately.

Roaming Gnome
01-31-2010, 11:54 AM
I've read this numerous times around here and yet, nobody has ever answered the question of Why ??

He has zero coaching experience. Yes, he was an excellent player, but I just don't see the traits necessary for an NBA head coach. With a group as messed up as these Pacers are, they would need someone that has been thru something similar - but different - in the past and has a plan. Jackson has neither. I can't see risking 3, 4 or 5 years of the franshise's time and millions of $$ on a whim.

:king:
Bravo, I thank you a thousand times!

The most disappointing thing about Mark Jackson is his stating that he doesn't want to put in the work to be a head coach if that means being an assistant. To me, that is all I need to know about his work ethic and drive to "really" become a head coach. I don't think that ESPN has to worry losing their prized color commentator to an NBA head coaching job, especially this one any time soon.

idioteque
01-31-2010, 12:39 PM
From what I can tell, this team just sucks. I haven't been able to bear through a whole game since early December.

Granger is starter quality in this league, but he is a second tier player at the NBA position which is in my opinion of the least importance and the easiest to find talent in. He's a nice piece to have but he should be by no means untradeable.

I haven't been watching the Pacers enough to give a qualified opinion on Hibbert or Rush, but both seem to vacilitate between the passable starter/upper tier sixth man variety. Hansbrough is probably going to wind up in the same boat.

Apparently AJ Price has emerged somewhat, but I haven't been paying enough attention.

Other than that, it is just a big meh from me.

There's not a lot to be excited about with this team. They're really bad and we may be at the beginning of a lost decade. This decade will be lost if we keep getting the 13th pick of the draft. I have to disagree profoundly with those like BillS who think we're going to lose more fans if we are bad for the rest of this season. In most cases I don't advocate tanking, but I'm not going to fret if this team limps to the finish line this season.

PacerDude
01-31-2010, 01:13 PM
The most disappointing thing about Mark Jackson is his stating that he doesn't want to put in the work to be a head coach if that means being an assistant.I hadn't heard that. That's incredibly ignorant/arrogant. Well, it's just another reason not to even give him a passing glance.

BlueNGold
01-31-2010, 03:38 PM
:king:
Bravo, I thank you a thousand times!

The most disappointing thing about Mark Jackson is his stating that he doesn't want to put in the work to be a head coach if that means being an assistant. To me, that is all I need to know about his work ethic and drive to "really" become a head coach. I don't think that ESPN has to worry losing their prized color commentator to an NBA head coaching job, especially this one any time soon.

I absolutely love Mark Jackson...but I have to admit you have a really good point.

BlueNGold
01-31-2010, 03:52 PM
From what I can tell, this team just sucks. I haven't been able to bear through a whole game since early December.

Granger is starter quality in this league, but he is a second tier player at the NBA position which is in my opinion of the least importance and the easiest to find talent in. He's a nice piece to have but he should be by no means untradeable.

I haven't been watching the Pacers enough to give a qualified opinion on Hibbert or Rush, but both seem to vacilitate between the passable starter/upper tier sixth man variety. Hansbrough is probably going to wind up in the same boat.

Apparently AJ Price has emerged somewhat, but I haven't been paying enough attention.

Other than that, it is just a big meh from me.

There's not a lot to be excited about with this team. They're really bad and we may be at the beginning of a lost decade. This decade will be lost if we keep getting the 13th pick of the draft. I have to disagree profoundly with those like BillS who think we're going to lose more fans if we are bad for the rest of this season. In most cases I don't advocate tanking, but I'm not going to fret if this team limps to the finish line this season.

The team is bad, but not as bad as its record. I am thoroughly convinced this is partially on JOb because he is very slow to either recognize or act on obvious changes that could lead to a more competitive team.

Case in point: JOb just recently started talking about Granger at the 4. I thought that had been obvious for months...but only now he begins talking about it....finally realizing T-Roy is an impossible recipe' for winning games. It's just flat-out ludicrous to think T-Roy can get you anything better than .300 in the NBA I still don't think he really knows why that's a good idea...I just think it finally became too obvious. He continues to stress how that spreads the floor and says nary a word about how Granger helps the interior defense by him being quicker to the ball than Murphy...and able to help block shots....both of which help Roy tremendously.

Case in point 2: Half this board has been railing on TJ Ford...since they first got a look at Watson. It took JOb months to bench TJ. December was brutal with only 3 victories. JOb finally benches TJ and we win 7 games and go .500 in January if you drop the Cavs and Lakers game. Once again, it took entirely too long for him to make that move.

Other changes he needs to start doing is play McBob and/or Solo in games where Granger is too small to handle the 4. If he starts doing that and limits Troy to 20 minutes max a game....I am off his back for good. That's the best he can do with this talent IMO.

McKeyFan
01-31-2010, 04:00 PM
I don't want Mark Jackson because I don't like his commentary. If he seems second rate in his intelligence and wit (compared to JVG, Collins, Carlisle, etc) as a commentator, you gotta figure it will carry over to coaching.

Maybe not. But why risk it?

Ryan
01-31-2010, 04:02 PM
Pay Avery what he wants and give fans a reason to care again.

Dece
01-31-2010, 04:11 PM
Going to have to agree with DC... I'm getting pretty tired of hearing about this franchise player we supposedly have.

Franchise players take over games, impose their will, lead their team to victory. Granger doesn't do that, and I don't think he ever will.

If you lump together "athletic wings" as a position to include 2-3-4's who can play the 3 spot, swing men, then Granger might not even be in the top 10 of those.... hard to say because the 6-12 ranks of that "position" are roughly even give or take, but it is indeed a position that can easily be filled with the lowest drop off of tiers of talent. ie a 13-20 guy really isn't giving up too much production to that 6-12 tier.

Give me a solid swing man and a "franchise" 1-4-5 every time. You don't win based around a 3, unless he's Lebron or Kobe, and Granger isn't even breathing the same air as those guys. Even Carmelo, who is leaps and bounds better than Granger, needed Chauncey to make his team be a real contender.

aceace
01-31-2010, 05:22 PM
I would bring in Sam Mitchell or Byron Scott both former COY's and players. Both very popular here. JOB has not won/accomplished anything in his career so far. Bird needs to finish the year as coach but with Carlisle in Dallas he would struggle.