PDA

View Full Version : Question of the night...

Dr. Awesome
01-30-2010, 12:15 AM
Did O'Brien take Murphy out of the starting lineup because he felt it was better for the team or because he's afraid the one team very interested in Murphy would realize how bad he really is?

Move this to the game thread if you'd like, but I thought it would be an interesting discussion.

Sookie
01-30-2010, 12:20 AM
I think he did it so that the other team couldn't get a good look at him. As Jim would like to keep Murphy. :P

imawhat
01-30-2010, 12:20 AM
I thought Murphy played one of his better games tonight.

CableKC
01-30-2010, 12:39 AM
Although it's nice to believe that JO'B didn't want to show off his security blanket.....I think that it was due to matchups.

We played a Team that had 2 Big Centers weren't extremely athletic. Hibbert probably is a better matchup against Shaq and Murphy is a better matchup against Z. It's that simple.

BlueNGold
01-30-2010, 12:45 AM
Did O'Brien take Murphy out of the starting lineup because he felt it was better for the team or because he's afraid the one team very interested in Murphy would realize how bad he really is?

Move this to the game thread if you'd like, but I thought it would be an interesting discussion.

I can't answer that question. He seemed fine going with Troy against the Laker's gigantic front line. Why not Shaq? Sure, Shaq might dunk 7 straight times to start the game on Troy...but just think about all the 3's Troy could make on Shaq...:devil:

ksuttonjr76
01-30-2010, 01:07 AM
Don't know considering he started Murphy against Andrew Bynum...there's not method to his madness.

CableKC
01-30-2010, 02:12 AM
Just think what happens with the Raptors on Sunday. Remember....Hibbert was benched cuz of JO'B had concerns with him guarding Bosh. But this time....Foster is out. Whose going to start on Sunday against a frontcourt of Bosh and Bargani?

Bball
01-30-2010, 02:26 AM
Just think what happens with the Raptors on Sunday. Remember....Hibbert was benched cuz of JO'B had concerns with him guarding Bosh. But this time....Foster is out. Whose going to start on Sunday against a frontcourt of Bosh and Bargani?

O'Brien has a hat with names in it and draws to pick his starting center. Murphy's name is in the hat 100 times. Hibbert's name is in it 20 times. Solo's name is in it 5 times. McRoberts' name is in it once... oh and Diener's name is in it 5 times.

jeffg-body
01-30-2010, 02:35 AM
Maybe they got him out there just enough to show them a little appetizer on what it could be like to have a Troy Murphy on you team?

DaveP63
01-30-2010, 11:03 AM
He didn't want Shaq going 7-7 before the first TV timeout.