PDA

View Full Version : Eight Points Nine Seconds

IndyHoosier
01-28-2010, 09:41 PM
I just stumbled across this site tonight. Pretty interesting and I haven't seen it discussed on PD before. I just thought maybe ya'll would be interested in it. Click on the Salary Central tab and it has some very good salary info.

http://www.eightpointsnineseconds.com/

IndyHoosier

travmil
01-28-2010, 09:43 PM
Pretty sure the guy that runs that site posts here.

Naptown_Seth
01-28-2010, 09:45 PM
JayRedd's blog
Count55 is the other main contributor

It's PD lite kinda ;)

The big thing was being integrated into the ESPN/True Hoops/whatever it is network of reference sites much like IndyCornRows.

Jared apparently has naughty pictures of someone important. :D :p

IndyHoosier
01-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Pretty sure the guy that runs that site posts here.

JayRedd's blog
Count55 is the other main contributor

It's PD lite kinda ;)

The big thing was being integrated into the ESPN/True Hoops/whatever it is network of reference sites much like IndyCornRows.

Cool, I am familiar with their great work here, just had never seen their site. I was impressed!

avoidingtheclowns
01-28-2010, 10:30 PM

Actually it's the other way around -- JayRedd was blackmailed into running the site. Homeboy never should have sexted Skip Bayless.

McKeyFan
01-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Great content.

Problem is . . . they are slow to get up a postgame report. And the pregame reports arrive just a few hours before gametime, making them almost immediately obsolete.

Besides the timing problems, I really like what they do.

ChicagoJ
01-29-2010, 12:04 AM
Great content.

Problem is . . . they are slow to get up a postgame report. And the pregame reports arrive just a few hours before gametime, making them almost immediately obsolete.

Besides the timing problems, I really like what they do.

I'm sure if we paid them a higher salary they could get it posted faster.

Anthem
01-29-2010, 12:29 AM
I'm sure if we paid them a higher salary they could get it posted faster.
They deserve at least twice what they're making from that site.

ChicagoJ
01-29-2010, 11:11 AM
They deserve at least twice what they're making from that site.

I asked for Hicks to triple the amount that the PD admins make this year. He couter-offered to double it. Since the math is the same, I thought that was a fair deal.

:eyebrow:

Brad8888
01-29-2010, 11:18 AM
I asked for Hicks to triple the amount that the PD admins make this year. He couter-offered to double it. Since the math is the same, I thought that was a fair deal.

:eyebrow:

Wait, Hicks doesn't make anybody pay to post here? :confused: How does he pay for his psychiatric care?

JayRedd
01-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the shout out. Glad some of yall have gotten something out of it and I always appreciate any feedback and criticism. Feel free to PM or email me with any of that (bothteams@gmail.com). We're doing this whole thing for Pacers fans like yall so if there's stuff you want to see or questions about the team you want us to try to flesh out a little, by all means let me know.

We're very far from perfect, and I'm sort of just now getting comfortable with the whole process/grind, so hopefully things will be a little smoother/more consistent going forward.

Meanwhile, I got a bunch of the NBA writers I'm friendly with to share their thoughts with us on Roy Hibbert today, so that's probably a decent example of the stuff we hope to bring more of in the future.

Oh, and thanks for uncovering my secrets, atc. Honestly, though, who could resist?

http://www.eightpointsnineseconds.com/2010/01/nba-experts-discuss-roy-hibbert/

BillS
01-29-2010, 01:06 PM
How does he pay for his psychiatric care?

He goes without.

Should explain why we make him sit at the end of the room away from the door at Forum parties, and keep sharp objects away from him at Perkins.