PDA

View Full Version : The only we can save this season is...

Midcoasted
01-28-2010, 05:29 PM
by employing a starting lineup of these sorts.
Hibbert
McRoberts
Murphy
Granger
Watson.

Price the back up PG Rush the 6th man, with Dunleavy Jones as the 7th 8th. Murphy should only ever play SF and it would actually put the guy at an advantage rather than at a disadvantage, like when moves over to the C spot. When Foster and Hansbrough are healthy, they would be the first bigs off of the bench. Never should Murphy play PF or C again!!! SF only from here on out or Im giving up on the team!!! We need to sign like a petition or something damn it! Actually I think murphy should come off the bench and Im only comprimising in the lineup because i think Granger and Murphy may struggle at times to gaurd the speedy win players. So in that case this lineup may be the best option against Cleveland.

Hibbert
McRoberts
Granger
Rush
Watson

The first lineup I mentioned would actually give us a a height advantage for once, at every positiong other than PG where height is generally irrelevant!!! Think about the ramifications!!! The 5 game win streak may actually happen again! This small ball **** aint workin!!! I want the opposite NOW!!!

Dont tell me Im crazy because never have I once seen OBrien use a lineup like this and IMO its the missing piece to the puzzle to turn this around. Having a height advantage at every position with great defense coming off the bench would be awesome!!!

Dont tell me McRoberts isnt battle tested enough or whatever. Chances are if mcRoberts doesnt play we will get blown out anyways. Employ a big lineup now!!!

jhondog28
01-28-2010, 05:32 PM
The front office is the only ones who can salvage the season. i think fans dont believe in this team at all. they need a shake up to make things interesting. I would play Dun minimal minutes...no more than 20 per. he played a lot better when doing that. I would trade Murphy for something. After trading murphy or ford do a huge marketing promotion to get butts in the seats. Make it look like a redo as an organization. Tap in to the fan base that may not have been following the Pacers until recently.

Spirit
01-28-2010, 06:00 PM
Murphy at SF would put him at an advantage? Really? He couldn't guard a SF to save his life and neither could McRoberts. You've got to be kidding.

Midcoasted
01-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Murphy at SF would put him at an advantage? Really? He couldn't guard a SF to save his life and neither could McRoberts. You've got to be kidding.

A height advantage at least. I think against certain SFs he would definitely be at an advantage, preferably backup SFs.

Midcoasted
01-28-2010, 06:04 PM

And why would you say McRoberts? He would clearly be the PF gaurding PFs.

jhondog28
01-28-2010, 06:05 PM
A height advantage at least. I think against certain SFs he would definitely be at an advantage, preferably backup SFs.

you know what murphy is.... think Raef Lafrentz but shoots better

Spirit
01-28-2010, 06:11 PM

The worst SF in the league could take him off the dribble, dude. There is no benefit to playing him at SF, it would take away the advantage he gives as a PF which is spreading the floor.

d_c
01-28-2010, 06:22 PM

Murphy's height advantage is no advantage, and that's his fundamental problem.

He can't post up on most SGs, much less SFs. He's going to be on the perimeter shooting jump shots no matter who the opposing team guards him with.

He's a tall basketball player who can't take advantage of his height against shorter players. That is a huge flaw at the most basic level of basketball.

Los Angeles
01-28-2010, 07:16 PM
I think our best lineup is

AJ Price
Tyler Hansbrough
Roy Hibbert
Roy Hibbert
10" Mike Ditka

We've tried everything else and keep losing.

judicata
01-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Opposing small forwards would score 50 a night. That's to say nothing of having McRoberts as your starting 4.

PacerDude
01-28-2010, 07:29 PM
starting lineup of these sorts.
Hibbert
McRoberts (WTF ??)
Murphy
Granger
Watson.............

............. Murphy should only ever play SF

:50cent:

Sookie
01-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Best Lineup is

AJ Price
Dahntay Jones
Brandon Rush
Danny Granger
Roy Hibbert

Price is solid defensively, Jones and Rush are very good defensively, Danny is actually pretty good defensively at the four, and they all protect Roy. *Not only that, but Rush, Dahntay and Price are all smart enough to take a foul for Danny or Roy.*

Price, Danny, and Roy are aggressive offensively. Danny, Rush, and Price spread the floor, Dahntay and Price can drive the lane adequatly, and Roy anchors the middle.

It's actually a pretty easy lineup to come up wth.
Subs: Watson backs up Price. Why? Because Watson isn't strong enough offensively to play with the rest of the starting group, but he is solid and the team needs that.

Head and Dun back up Rush and Dahntay. But please god don't put them both in together. A nightmare defensively, and no one else would touch the ball on offense.

McRoberts and/or Tyler backs up Danny. Athletic and energetic players to defend the four.

And Troy or Solo to back up Hibbert. Why Troy at the Center? Because Solo isn't good enough to cover up for Troy's defencies..and Troy and Roy can't play together. Preferably all of Troy's minutes at Center would be next to Danny. And his minutes would be like the ones you give to Head. The "get some offense and fast" minutes. Put 'em in, see if they are hot..take them out if they can't make anything.

DaveP63
01-28-2010, 07:34 PM
I was going to say jack up the roof and drive a new basketball team under it.

focused444
01-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Best Lineup is

AJ Price
Dahntay Jones
Brandon Rush
Danny Granger
Roy Hibbert

Price is solid defensively, Jones and Rush are very good defensively, Danny is actually pretty good defensively at the four, and they all protect Roy. *Not only that, but Rush, Dahntay and Price are all smart enough to take a foul for Danny or Roy.*

Price, Danny, and Roy are aggressive offensively. Danny, Rush, and Price spread the floor, Dahntay and Price can drive the lane adequatly, and Roy anchors the middle.

Subs: Watson backs up Price. Why? Because Watson isn't strong enough offensively to play with the rest of the starting group, but he is solid and the team needs that.

Head and Dun back up Rush and Dahntay. But please god don't put them both in together. A nightmare defensively, and no one else would touch the ball on offense.

McRoberts and/or Tyler backs up Danny. Athletic and energetic players to defend the four.

And Troy or Solo to back up Hibbert. Why Troy at the Center? Because Solo isn't good enough to cover up for Troy's defencies..and Troy and Roy can't play together. Preferably all of Troy's minutes at Center would be next to Danny. And his minutes would be like the ones you give to Head. The "get some offense and fast" minutes. Put 'em in, see if they are hot..take them out if they can't make anything.

This is my favorite line up also.

I used to think it was better for AJ to come off the bench, but at this point might as well put him in there and see what he can do.

PacerDude
01-28-2010, 08:23 PM
.......... at this point might as well put him in there and see what he can do.Which should be the mantra for the rest of the season. The Pacers are going nowhere. No playoffs (or hope of an actual win if there are enough teams worse by season's end) and another #10 or so pick ain't gonna do squat.

See what we got, pray to the Basketball Gods for a freakin' ping-pong ball to fall the right way, wait for Murphleavy to come off the books (I'll buy the first round the day that's officially official), beg a decent player to come here in 2011 and see what happens.

Like Bird has a better plan ??

Naptown_Seth
01-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Best Lineup is

AJ Price
Dahntay Jones
Brandon Rush
Danny Granger
Roy Hibbert

I also agree with you. They will struggle at times but overall you get the best defense from those 5. Obviously I'd give McBob some backup PF run, I'd use Solo here and there, and yes I'd even run Tyler out at times and maybe even against bigger SFs.

I wouldn't be afraid to try them or to pull them on a situation by situation basis during a game.

I'd ask for Troy to be traded for Z, and I'd let Z take Solo's backup C minutes instead.

I think you could win a little with this group, but more importantly I think it would make a ton of fans happy. It would be watchable and interesting, and even the losses would have you thinking about where the future was headed.

I'd also probably put a tighter chain on Dun, maybe even sit him for some games to see if the rest helped his output. I agree that you don't want he and Head playing poor defense next to each other.

the jaddler
01-28-2010, 08:36 PM
I think our best lineup is not having JOB as our coach!!!!

Sookie
01-28-2010, 08:50 PM
I also agree with you. They will struggle at times but overall you get the best defense from those 5. Obviously I'd give McBob some backup PF run, I'd use Solo here and there, and yes I'd even run Tyler out at times and maybe even against bigger SFs.

I wouldn't be afraid to try them or to pull them on a situation by situation basis during a game.

I'd ask for Troy to be traded for Z, and I'd let Z take Solo's backup C minutes instead.

I think you could win a little with this group, but more importantly I think it would make a ton of fans happy. It would be watchable and interesting, and even the losses would have you thinking about where the future was headed.

I'd also probably put a tighter chain on Dun, maybe even sit him for some games to see if the rest helped his output. I agree that you don't want he and Head playing poor defense next to each other.

I agree...

I've thought since November, that you know what..the young guys might not win THAT much more than the older guys, but they'd sure as heck compete and show some heart..which fans like.

PacerDude
01-28-2010, 09:06 PM
.............they'd sure as heck compete and show some heart...That's what it was like last year. :cry:

Naptown_Seth
01-28-2010, 09:07 PM
And you can think it's just a PD thing, but then you hear the catcalls about some choices, and obviously big applause when someone like Roy gets up off the bench, or Price. It's not just limited to the "nutters" here at PD. Plenty of paying customers are getting sick of the product as it's being presented.