20 PF 6'8" 223
9 Xavier Henry
Kansas,
Freshman
18 SG 6'6" 210
10 Willie Warren
Oklahoma,
Sophomore

I just thought it was funny, all in good humor :)

Dr. Awesome
01-28-2010, 03:46 PM
I'd be pretty pissed too. But not near as pissed as I would be if we took Patrick Patterson.

I want to take a young player this year. The downside of that is, if O'Brien isn't fired a young, impressionable guy would be ruined.

Speed
01-28-2010, 03:50 PM
I like Patterson, reminds me of Carl Landry who I also like.

Cousins is the guy I think I like at 7 or so, but zero chance Bird would pick him. Too young, too many question marks on work ethic etc.

90'sNBARocked
01-28-2010, 04:04 PM
I like Patterson, reminds me of Carl Landry who I also like.

Cousins is the guy I think I like at 7 or so, but zero chance Bird would pick him. Too young, too many question marks on work ethic etc.

Who do you think will be the better pro

Ed Davis, Derrick Favors, or Greg Monroe?

Hicks
01-28-2010, 05:55 PM
From what little I've heard/read about Cole, we could do a lot worse than having Roy and Cole as our centers. Sure, they'd have similar problems in the league (they're both very big, but also slow), but would anyone who likes what Roy brings (more or less) really have a problem with having two guys like that?

Bball
01-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Why would we draft a center or a PF? Just draft small... 'cuz that's how we play....

jhondog28
01-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Wall, Turner, Favors and if we dont get any of them I would take Patterson. We take the best available no matter what the position.

CableKC
01-28-2010, 06:11 PM
I'd be pretty pissed too. But not near as pissed as I would be if we took Patrick Patterson.

I want to take a young player this year. The downside of that is, if O'Brien isn't fired a young, impressionable guy would be ruined.
Care to explain why you don't like Patterson's game?

I Love P
01-28-2010, 10:09 PM
I DO NOT want Patterson, Favors, Ed Davis, or Greg Monroe.

I want Wall, Wes Johnson, Demarcus Cousins, Devin Ebanks, Evan Turner, Dexter Pittman, Kid from Baylor, Stanley Robinson and my sleeper Lance Stephenson from Cincy, watch that kid play, he is LeBron James.

Kemo
01-28-2010, 10:47 PM
and my sleeper Lance Stephenson from Cincy, watch that kid play, he is LeBron James.

Indeed.. Lance Stephenson IS going to be AWESOME once he hits the NBA...
You can take THAT to the bank...

Whoever ends up taking a chance on him, is gonna get a starter for their franchise within a few years...

I have only seen him play maybe a total of 5 or 6 times.... But wow .. I can't believe he isn't talked about any more than he is ...

I dunno bout being of a Lebron caliber .. But I'd gander to say ... more like Arenas caliber... (minus the antics)

Damnit, now I am gonna have to go youtube him now .. lol

Kemo
01-28-2010, 10:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HscR3v53E3I

I Love P
01-28-2010, 10:58 PM
This is sick....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn6MFWdRPmY

I dont know what it is that reminds me of Lebron? Maybe its the shot, how his legs go out once hes in the air.

nbadraft.net has him currently going 39th. I'd probably bet you he'll creep into the middle or later 1st round after say a good NCAA tournament. If he does fall in the 2nd, hopefully with our early pick we can grab him.

DisapointedPacerFan
01-29-2010, 12:54 AM
As usual, we will probably end up in the 10-14 area of the lotto. I don't want Aldrich either, but I wouldn't be surprised if we took him. One of my friends think Bird will take Harangody from Notre Dame cause he fits what Bird wants in a player. I would love to take Greg Monroe or Derrick Favors if we end up somewhere higher than 8 or so. We really do need an athletic big man to go next to Hibbert going forward...

Psycho T
01-29-2010, 01:49 AM
I would have thought the Ed Davis hype would have went down a bit.. He really hasnt improved from what he was last year other then getting more minutes. As a UNC fan I am pretty disgusted in how weak the guy is.

Excellent shot blocker but the jury is still out on everything else.

Zelmo Beatty
01-29-2010, 06:55 AM
When it comes to a team like the Pacers that is mired in (to be kind and
understate the woeful state of the franchise) mediocrity, the key is
drafting the kid they project as the best player 3 or 4 or 5 years down
the road.

Wether a kid (ala Ed Davis, Favors, whomever...) is productive or
polished at this point is largely irrelevant.

If Bird, who's seemingly, ill-advisedly hung up on 'college experience'
isn't capable of making that determination (obviously an art, not a
science), then he's the wrong guy for the job.

Drafting Aldrich (or G*d forbid, Harangody !!!) for this team would be
a clear indication it's time for Bird to hit the road.

Eindar
01-29-2010, 10:06 AM
If it weren't for the fact that we drafted Tyler, I'd love to see if we could pick up another pick at the deadline this year with the intent of drafting Greg Monroe. He's got NBA size and athleticism for a PF, and I really think that, much like Hibbert, his game will be much better suited to the pro game than the motion offense employed by G-Town. In other words, I think the system in Georgetown makes him look a lot worse than he actually is, and assuming his stock doesn't skyrocket in workouts, I think he'd be a great value pick in the mid-late 1st round.

Given that we're trying like crazy to move a PF (Foster, Murphy), I see our two big areas of need in the draft as PF and PG. the PG crop is seemingly very weak after Wall, so if we can't go PG or PF with our pick due to talent issues, I think we should go SG, and try to pick up another 1st so that we can shore up PF or PG.

90'sNBARocked
01-29-2010, 02:56 PM
From what little I've heard/read about Cole, we could do a lot worse than having Roy and Cole as our centers. Sure, they'd have similar problems in the league (they're both very big, but also slow), but would anyone who likes what Roy brings (more or less) really have a problem with having two guys like that?

No problem at all IF

Murphy, Foster, McRoberts, possibly Solo are gone

I just think if those players are still here then it does not make much sense to me after drafting a PF (Tyler) last year

I think Cole could be really decent as a PF but dont see him as a center

who knows though the NBA draft is such a crapshot that even the "Great John Wall" could actually be a bust

90'sNBARocked
01-29-2010, 02:58 PM
I DO NOT want Patterson, Favors, Ed Davis, or Greg Monroe.

I want Wall, Wes Johnson, Demarcus Cousins, Devin Ebanks, Evan Turner, Dexter Pittman, Kid from Baylor, Stanley Robinson and my sleeper Lance Stephenson from Cincy, watch that kid play, he is LeBron James.

i have watched Lance before, and not to sterotype but

He has that "NYC swagger" and a sense of entitlement. In fact I read he chose Cinncinatti to get as far away from NYC as he could

So he could be great or a problem child

90'sNBARocked
01-29-2010, 03:00 PM
As usual, we will probably end up in the 10-14 area of the lotto. I don't want Aldrich either, but I wouldn't be surprised if we took him. One of my friends think Bird will take Harangody from Notre Dame cause he fits what Bird wants in a player. I would love to take Greg Monroe or Derrick Favors if we end up somewhere higher than 8 or so. We really do need an athletic big man to go next to Hibbert going forward...

If Bird takes Luke Harangody then I will.........................

Nevermind