PDA

View Full Version : Official(?):Granger didn't make the All-Star game.

Dr. Awesome
01-28-2010, 03:01 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64336/20100128/complete_all_star_reserves_leaked/

I don't think this comes as a surprise to many people here. He didn't really deserve it this year.

Roaming Gnome
01-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Water is wet...
Snow is cold...
Moon is out at night...
Sun is out during the day...
Sun rises in the east...
Sun sets in the west...

J'OB feels playing Murphy gives him his best chance to win...

How'd that last one get in there?

Speed
01-28-2010, 03:07 PM
Pacers completely shut out of the weekend, it appears.

Justin Tyme
01-28-2010, 03:10 PM
No big surprise. The surprise would have been if Granger had made it.

jhondog28
01-28-2010, 03:13 PM
We dont even get to compete in horse. Murphy would just win that cause he would run up to the top of the key and shoot 3s. he would never miss. Also it would have been cool to see TJ in the skills contest. He is fast enough to win it. Might have turned it over to the orange cone, but he is fast.

Naptown_Seth
01-28-2010, 03:15 PM
It's hard not to notice how similar Granger's early career is to Reggie's, including the make the AS, miss the AS game part.

Do any of us really think he's made the only one he will? I think we all assume injury and a tinge of 3pt chucking hurt him this year but that he'll be back on track in years to come...just like Reggie.

He's got the gangly center, he's got a wing that doesn't love playing offense as much as his skills suggest but plays tons of defense, he's got a Workman level PG in Price.

It actually feels close. They can easily get something Dale'ish this year in the draft, including another Clemson kid in Booker.

What they really need is Mark Jackson, and for the younger posters it wasn't like Jax seemed unobtainable or was a superstar. His Clippers play actually revived his career a bit. Getting him was closer to the Pistons getting Billups when they did.

What PG is out that of that age/caliber (ie, not Paul, Deron, etc)?

Mr_Smith
01-28-2010, 03:23 PM
HAHA Iverson makes it and hasn't done ****** all year. This shows that fans only need a partial say in all star voting.

Dr. Awesome
01-28-2010, 03:24 PM
It's hard not to notice how similar Granger's early career is to Reggie's, including the make the AS, miss the AS game part.

Do any of us really think he's made the only one he will? I think we all assume injury and a tinge of 3pt chucking hurt him this year but that he'll be back on track in years to come...just like Reggie.

He's got the gangly center, he's got a wing that doesn't love playing offense as much as his skills suggest but plays tons of defense, he's got a Workman level PG in Price.

It actually feels close. They can easily get something Dale'ish this year in the draft, including another Clemson kid in Booker.

What they really need is Mark Jackson, and for the younger posters it wasn't like Jax seemed unobtainable or was a superstar. His Clippers play actually revived his career a bit. Getting him was closer to the Pistons getting Billups when they did.

What PG is out that of that age/caliber (ie, not Paul, Deron, etc)?

Raymond Felton. I've said it 100 times and I'll say it 100 more, he is a perfect PG for this team. He still has a lot of potential, has shown to be a good defender, and is very clutch.

Dr. Awesome
01-28-2010, 03:26 PM
HAHA Iverson makes it and hasn't done ****** all year. This shows that fans only need a partial say in all star voting.

Fans shouldn't be voting at all. Every year we deal with a guy who doesn't deserve to be there, almost getting in. This is the first year that I can remember where they actually got the guy in, but it causes a controversy every single year. Let the guys who deserve to be All-Stars get in.

dal9
01-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Fans shouldn't be voting at all. Every year we deal with a guy who doesn't deserve to be there, almost getting in. This is the first year that I can remember where they actually got the guy in, but it causes a controversy every single year. Let the guys who deserve to be All-Stars get in.

just look at it as a lifetime achievement award for AI

vnzla81
01-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Troy would be nice if in the All Star game they had a "Bull Fighter" competition.:)

FlavaDave
01-28-2010, 06:36 PM
I read this somewhere else: why not let the fans vote on whether or not the fan vote counts? Prop 13: Should the fan vote count? I bet the hardcore fans stuff the ballot box and vote it down. Aren't they more important? Or am I not being cynical enough?

Hicks
01-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Instead of 100% fan starters, 100% non-fan benches, how about 40% fans for ALL the all-stars, but 60% coaches.

vnzla81
01-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Instead of 100% fan starters, 100% non-fan benches, how about 40% fans for ALL the all-stars, but 60% coaches.

How about 25% fans 25% players and 50% coaches

Hicks
01-28-2010, 07:51 PM
How about 25% fans 25% players and 50% coaches

That'd be cool with me, too. I just kind of threw that % out there; as long as the fan opinion is less than 50%, I'd consider it a huge improvement.

cdash
01-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Raymond Felton. I've said it 100 times and I'll say it 100 more, he is a perfect PG for this team. He still has a lot of potential, has shown to be a good defender, and is very clutch.

And he went to UNC!!!! :D

Dece
01-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Granger hasn't played well enough that he should even be considered an all star this year, not sure why the surprise.

SkipperZ
01-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Granger hasn't played well enough that he should even be considered an all star this year, not sure why the surprise.

i dont think anyone's surprised...

i dont think anyone's suprised about no rookies/sophs either

Smoothdave1
01-29-2010, 12:11 AM
Although no Indiana Pacer made it, Indiana will be represented by two Hoosier natives in Eric Gordon playing in the Rookie-Sophomore game and Marion native/Fishers resident Zach Randolph was also named to the Western Conference Reserves.

Zach is having a great season and the Grizzlies look like they are going to make the playoffs and have a great young core in Conley, Mayo, Gay, Z-Bo, Gasol, Thabeet, Young, Arthur & Carroll.

Looking back at the Grizz-Lakers trade, the Grizzlies essentially turned Pau Gasol into Z-Bo (20/10) & Marc Gasol (15/10). Doesn't look as bad now as it did 2 years ago.

BornReady
01-29-2010, 02:21 AM

too bad we missed our shot at swapping ford for felton :P

BlueNGold
01-30-2010, 09:40 AM
I tend to think the fans should get their say, but when they pick Iverson but Billups doesn't get in...it tells me that something fundamental is messed up. IOW, ignorant people are voting. Detroit fell apart after that trade...and Denver of course got a lot better.

Yes, they are in different conferences...but the irony is almost too much to stomach. In any event, Iverson starts and I don't think Joe Johnson or Rajon Rondo even made it.

Then there's Tracy McGrady who has played about 5 games all year making it, but not Brandon Roy.

With McGrady and Iverson making it...I seriously believe the Pacers have at least 5 players more deserving on the roster.

NapTonius Monk
01-30-2010, 10:41 AM
I tend to think the fans should get their say, but when they pick Iverson but Billups doesn't get in...it tells me that something fundamental is messed up. IOW, ignorant people are voting. Detroit fell apart after that trade...and Denver of course got a lot better.

Yes, they are in different conferences...but the irony is almost too much to stomach. In any event, Iverson starts and I don't think Joe Johnson or Rajon Rondo even made it.

Then there's Tracy McGrady who has played about 5 games all year making it, but not Brandon Roy.

With McGrady and Iverson making it...I seriously believe the Pacers have at least 5 players more deserving on the roster.

McGrady didn't make it. Nash edged him out in the voting, and the coaches didn't vote him in. Rondo and Johnson were voted in by the coaches.

http://www.nba.com/allstar2010/players/