Player (Team) Position Height/Weight School/Country
Omri Casspi (Kings) F 6-9/225 Israel
DeJuan Blair (Spurs) F-C 6-7/265 Pittsburgh
Stephen Curry (Warriors) G 6-3/185 Davidson
Tyreke Evans (Kings) G 6-6/220 Memphis
Jonny Flynn (Timberwolves) G 6-0/186 Syracuse
Taj Gibson (Bulls) F 6-9/225 USC
James Harden (Thunder) G 6-5/220 Arizona State
Brandon Jennings (Bucks) G 6-1/169 Lottomatica Virtus Roma (Italy)
Jonas Jerebko (Pistons) F 6-10/231 Sweden

Take it away Seth.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O-kDtgtF9qU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O-kDtgtF9qU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Will Galen
01-28-2010, 04:26 AM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=50348

rexnom
01-28-2010, 04:54 AM
Is anyone surprised by Blair? He was clearly better than a second round pick but it's still not clear he was worth a teens pick in the first round. When he is playing without any knee problems in year 4, we can talk about whether or not he would have been a worthwhile selection in place of Hansbrough.

Frostwolf
01-28-2010, 05:02 AM
surprised to see in the rookie team, or his production this season?

BillS
01-28-2010, 10:00 AM
I still say if the Pacers had drafted him his knees would have crunched in the summer league and we'd never have seen him on the floor.

Good for the Spurs, they got a steal, but they didn't have as much to lose if it didn't work out.

Trophy
01-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Just wait... We won't be let down by Tyler. He's going to be a future steal from this draft once he's healthy.

Deadshot
01-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Just wait... We won't be let down by Tyler. He's going to be a future steal from this draft once he's healthy.

Before I say this, I would love to hear why you think this.

In my opinion, he's a younger, more athletic version of Jeff Foster (whose style I honestly do enjoy watching and think is a valuable asset for a team). But Tyler will never be a steal seeing as we used a lottery pick on him...

EDIT: Tyler also has more of an offensive game, and he's clearly not afraid to shoot. The reason I added these is because I honestly do want to present both sides of the case.

90'sNBARocked
01-28-2010, 11:29 AM
QUOTE=rexnom;951799]Is anyone surprised by Blair? He was clearly better than a second round pick but it's still not clear he was worth a teens pick in the first round. When he is playing without any knee problems in year 4, we can talk about whether or not he would have been a worthwhile selection in place of Hansbrough.

and if Blair is playing at an extreemly high level in year four then what would those people say? (not saying your one of them)

I will say this now, Blair had a game with 22pts and 21 rbs. I do not think Tyler will ever have a game in his entire career with over 20 rebounds

Personally, after watching Kirk Humpries last night (Nets) he looked more athletic and more skilled than I have seen in Tyler

I think we wiffed on that pick

My opinon only, dont want the "Tyler guys" to come roaring after me :-o

90'sNBARocked
01-28-2010, 11:32 AM

You forgot the green

90'sNBARocked
01-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Before I say this, I would love to hear why you think this.

In my opinion, he's a younger, more athletic version of Jeff Foster (whose style I honestly do enjoy watching and think is a valuable asset for a team). But Tyler will never be a steal seeing as we used a lottery pick on him...

EDIT: Tyler also has more of an offensive game, and he's clearly not afraid to shoot. The reason I added these is because I honestly do want to present both sides of the case.

He will probably be a solid role player, good sixth man (which the league is filled with )

Anthem
01-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Is anyone surprised by Blair? He was clearly better than a second round pick but it's still not clear he was worth a teens pick in the first round. When he is playing without any knee problems in year 4, we can talk about whether or not he would have been a worthwhile selection in place of Hansbrough.
Haven't seen anybody saying we should have picked him at #13. Rather that we should have traded down and gotten him plus another player.

Personally, I'd trade Tyler for Blair/Budinger. Wouldn't you?

Hicks
01-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Assuming the only option was getting Chicago's picks, then that would still mean taking Blair at, I believe, 16. Still wouldn't feel comfortable with him there, no.

vnzla81
01-28-2010, 12:20 PM
I seen Blair play and this guy has the Troy Murphy effect, stats and no defense.

Justin Tyme
01-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Assuming the only option was getting Chicago's picks, then that would still mean taking Blair at, I believe, 16. Still wouldn't feel comfortable with him there, no.

I agree I wouldn't select Blair at #16, but I'd have felt comfortable getting Blair with Chicago's #26 pick. Look at the 16-26 players the Pacers would have had available. I really wanted that trade to happen! Bird could have had his Ty Lawson and Blair too.

90'sNBARocked
01-28-2010, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE=Anthem;951951]Haven't seen anybody saying we should have picked him at #13. Rather that we should have traded down and gotten him plus another player.

Personally, I'd trade Tyler for Blair/Budinger. Wouldn't you?[/]

In an NY minute

Of course if we could have gotten Lawson and Blair I would have went bananas! :dance::dance:

Hicks
01-28-2010, 12:47 PM
I agree I wouldn't select Blair at #16, but I'd have felt comfortable getting Blair with Chicago's #26 pick. Look at the 16-26 players the Pacers would have had available. I really wanted that trade to happen! Bird could have had his Ty Lawson and Blair too.

Lawson at 16 and Blair at 26 wouldn't be bad. Of course, I still think Blair's knees would have exploded sooner rather than later playing for this franchise.

I mean hell, a freakin ear virus got Tyler 2 months into the season. That's just messed up.

90'sNBARocked
01-28-2010, 12:47 PM
I seen Blair play and this guy has the Troy Murphy effect, stats and no defense.

No dis here

But Im curious if you could expand on why you feel that way?

Thanks

vnzla81
01-28-2010, 12:48 PM

even if we got Blair with JOB, there is not way in hell we could know or see how he plays, the guy can not spread the floor so he was never going to get playing time.

Trophy
01-28-2010, 12:49 PM
You forgot the green

From being out so long, I think everyone's forgotten how he plays.

90'sNBARocked
01-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Lawson at 16 and Blair at 26 wouldn't be bad. Of course, I still think Blair's knees would have exploded sooner rather than later playing for this franchise.

I mean hell, a freakin ear virus got Tyler 2 months into the season. That's just messed up.

Just the nature of the beast unfortunatley, can not predict injuries

but it also shows how some many GM's, scouts, etc are really not on their game

I mean why do teams like Portland and San Antonio consistently do well drafting when others don't?

vnzla81
01-28-2010, 12:55 PM
No dis here

But Im curious if you could expand on why you feel that way?

Thanks

He is slow on defense and is to small to guard PF's who can shoot, his defense is pretty close to Murphy's in other words really bad. He can give you 15pts but his guy is getting 30pts, just like Murphy.

90'sNBARocked
01-28-2010, 01:37 PM
He is slow on defense and is to small to guard PF's who can shoot, his defense is pretty close to Murphy's in other words really bad. He can give you 15pts but his guy is getting 30pts, just like Murphy.

Have you seen him beat repeatedly by a PF?

I agree he is probably a little slower but I have a hard time compairing Murphy's "defence" to anyone's

Infinite MAN_force
01-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Boy the hindsight game sure is fun.

Bad knees, slow footed, horrible fit next to Hibbert, there are plenty of reasons why It made a lot of sense for us NOT to draft Blair. I don't care what else happens in his career, I am perfectly fine with the Pacer's course of action.

Dr. Awesome
01-28-2010, 02:27 PM

Yea, its getting ridiculous.

At this point, I say we just put in their contracts, that while not on the court or in practice, they have to live in a plastic bubble.