PDA

View Full Version : Woul you trade Granger for...

Wylder1324
01-28-2010, 01:36 AM
Ok Hypothetically speaking. If Evan Turner continues to destroy everyone in his path in the NCAA and stays healthy, and lets say Min ends up with the #2 pick, would you offer Granger & our number 1 for the #2 and rights to Rubio ? Its obvious that Minn is interested in Danny after the offer of Jefferson for him....or on another note, would you guys offer whomever ends up with the #2 Danny for there pick ? Dont get me wrong, Im a big Granger fan, and not even sure I would be on board with this.....but Turner is very interesting.....I think we should do whatever we can to draft this kid....unless we land the 1st pick its doubtful anyone trades the rights to Wall so he is for the most pat a pipedream.....to get into position to draft Turner though might not be as far fetched. I would prefer to pair Turner with Danny....but if Rush continues to get better this year then I would be jsut as happy with those 2....regarless the idea of a future nucleus of Turner, Price, Hibbert, Hansbrough, Rush/Granger is pretty exciting.....im not sure what the right move is to get him....but outside of moving more than 1 of our future pieces I say MAKE it happen.

CableKC
01-28-2010, 02:01 AM
I wouldn't. I'm okay with a future core built around Granger/BRush/Inferno/Hibbert/Hansbrough/AJ/2010 1st round pick/2011 1st round pick and whoever we sign in FA in the 2011-2012 Offseason....I just don't like the Offense/Coach/Defense that we currently have and use.

MillerTime
01-28-2010, 02:03 AM
I really would rather have Granger over Turner.

I dont think Bird will be interested in trading Granger, Rush, Hibbert and our first rounder...unless a no brainer deal comes along. Bird seems like a GM that doesnt seem to like taking risks (I just get that feeling from his draft picks)

DisapointedPacerFan
01-28-2010, 02:39 AM
Naw. You don't trade away your franchise player unless you get one in return (LeBron, Kobe, 'Melo, Bosh, etc.). And no way in hell Bird puts all his faith into a young, inexperienced Rubio and/or Turner.

Will Galen
01-28-2010, 02:43 AM
NO! Bird in hand for two in the bush!

maragin
01-28-2010, 06:12 AM
9 to 13 pick every year is my plan.

Squirrelz
01-28-2010, 07:02 AM
Rubio wouldn't even play in Indiana. So this thread is moot.

Major Cold
01-28-2010, 08:08 AM

I really think that not playing in Minnesota or Sacremento or Memphis was just a way of being drafted by NY or some other big market team.

When the buyout happens I think he will play wherever he can if he really desires to play in the NBA.

Zelmo Beatty
01-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Nope. But only because of what Suirrelzz alluded to. I'd have no
problem with trading Granger if the right deal comes along.

BillS
01-28-2010, 10:57 AM
I'd hate to bail on Danny after one subpar year when the last 3 have been unexpectedly good.

90'sNBARocked
01-28-2010, 11:26 AM
9 to 13 pick every year is my plan.

Nicely done sir :)

Hicks
01-28-2010, 12:06 PM
I'd only trade Danny for an established guy I thought was better for the Pacer or a "sure fire" #1 pick like Wall appears to be.

NuffSaid
01-28-2010, 12:11 PM
No. Trading a proven comodity that is still growing, developing and getting better with every season for a #2 draft pick is stupid!

OakMoses
01-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Indy was one of the destinations that Rubio mentioned when he was making his stink around draft time last year. I don't know why, but he seemed very open to the idea of playing here.

I love Evan Turner, but I would not make that trade, though I don't think it's unreasonable at all.

I would trade our first round pick for Rubio.

I would trade our first rounder and any non-Granger player on the roster for Turner.

I would not sell out for a Rubio, Turner combo because they're terrible fits on the same roster.

Dr. Awesome
01-28-2010, 01:33 PM

Actually, according to reports Indiana was one of the few teams he did want to play for.

That being said, I wouldn't do the trade.

Wylder1324
01-28-2010, 08:32 PM
I didnt realize Rubio had cited Indiana as a place he would have liked to come....in that case Bird needs to find a way to talk his old pal Kahn into coughing up the rights to Rubio....unless we have a shot at Wall or Turner I would def give up this years first rounder.

Squirrelz
01-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Indy was one of the destinations that Rubio mentioned when he was making his stink around draft time last year. I don't know why, but he seemed very open to the idea of playing here.

Intriguing, I had no idea that he said anything like this.

If that's the case, sign me up. I feel that Rubio will be a hall of famer in the NBA when it's all said and done.

Kemo
01-28-2010, 09:57 PM

sorry .. i gotta call B.S.

He has at least a few times mentioned how he idolized Bird.. so I think he would come here..

This is just a random memory so it may not be true ..

.. But I remember reading somewhere he would have "considered" Indiana as a destination if we had won his draft..

I may be wrong, but I really do remember reading that somewhere... if I find any kinda link I'll post

edited to add... just read rest of posts... and seen where others and you have mentioned what i said in my post lol

Smoothdave1
01-29-2010, 01:18 AM
If I remember correctly, Rubio mentioned a few cities: Indy, Sacramento, LA, NYC and maybe Toronto as cities he was interested in playing for. I think that there's a connection with Bird as he seems to be a fan.

I could see Rubio going to Minnesota, but I ultimately think he will be dealt elsewhere. Maybe Sacramento deals their first rounder this year or the Clippers deal their first and a future pick?

SkipperZ
01-29-2010, 05:56 AM

I love Evan Turner, but I would not make that trade, though I don't think it's unreasonable at all.

I would trade our first round pick for Rubio.

I would trade our first rounder and any non-Granger player on the roster for Turner.

I would not sell out for a Rubio, Turner combo because they're terrible fits on the same roster.

I agree i like both players, but don't like the combo. I think Turners the kind of guy that needs the ball in his hands to be most effective, like a Brandon Roy, and I think Rubio is the kind of point guard you want dominating the ball.

However, I'd still consider the trade depending on two things. One, Rubio would have to agree to come over NOW. Second is how Derrick Favors and Wes Johnson fare in the tourney/pre-draft camps. I'm not a huge Wes Johnson fan but I think his athleticism and beautiful jumper would work well with Rubio. And I think Favors has huge potential and is the kind of athletic big that would shine with a real point guard to runt he rbeak with, at least once he developed.

If you could trick Minny into taking the trade without giving up our first, and Rubio was willing to come over next year I woudl jump on it, and I think Minny would have to consider it considering they are goin to have to look to trade Rubio soon in my opinion, and Granger is imo by far the best they could get, even including the 2nd pick of the draft (i.e. not John Wall). Flynn Brewer Granger Love and Jefferson is a great start to build around, even if you consider theyd probably have to move Love or Jefferson at some point to get a defensive big in their lineup.

For us, wed have Rubio, Hibbert, and some combination of Wes Johnson/Derrick Favors and someone like Cousins/Monroe/Henry not to mention a high draft pick next year (because the team would be way too young to be any good) and loads of capspace or whoever we can get for our expirings. I think Rubio can be a superstar level PG if you surround him with offensive firepower, much like Jason Kidd was in his day.

PaceBalls
01-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Not Rubio, who knows if he will even play for us?
However Jefferson plus the pick? yea... you gotta consider that.

Pacersfan46
01-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Not Rubio, who knows if he will even play for us?
However Jefferson plus the pick? yea... you gotta consider that.

If we traded for his rights, why wouldn't Rubio play here? He obviously wants to come to the NBA, but his contract is holding him back right now. The only way he doesn't play here if we trade for his rights, is he never comes to the NBA .... I don't see that as a possibility at all.

-- Steve --

OakMoses
01-29-2010, 01:03 PM
If we traded for his rights, why wouldn't Rubio play here? He obviously wants to come to the NBA, but his contract is holding him back right now. The only way he doesn't play here if we trade for his rights, is he never comes to the NBA .... I don't see that as a possibility at all.

-- Steve --

The contract that's holding him back was signed after he was drafted, so the concerns about him coming over are legitimate.

vnzla81
01-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Duran, Lebron, B Roy, Melo, cp3, D Will, Al, JJ, D Rose, D Howard, Gay, Kobe.

Pacersfan46
01-30-2010, 02:23 AM
The contract that's holding him back was signed after he was drafted, so the concerns about him coming over are legitimate.

That's true, but it certainly doesn't tell the whole story. The contract he needed to be bought out from had an 8.1 million dollar buyout clause. Another team in Spain bought the rights to it and because of that he signed a new contract that had a 1.4 million dollar buyout in 2 years.

Rubio himself said the reasoning was to be more prepared for the NBA when he makes the switch. In 2 years he will be 20 years old. It would be foolish to hesitate on making a deal for the kid out of fear of him never coming over. I don't see any way that happens.

-- Steve --

jeffg-body
01-30-2010, 02:32 AM
I myself liked the Granger for Jefferson trade idea if they would include their 1st rounder and possibly expand the trade for a certain Pacer PG for one of their young guards. That way we get a legit 4 to play along Hibbyand if we can get a good quality 3 spot to replace Danny next year with one of our expirings we could have a pretty good young team.

Price or the Minny Guard
Brandon Rush
3 got in trade for our expirers
Jefferson
Hibby

I'd like to see how a unit like this could play together.

eldubious
01-30-2010, 10:06 PM
I'd trade Granger for Rubio and Jefferson, period.

cdash
01-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Rubio would already be in the NBA had Minnesota not drafted Flynn.

BlueNGold
01-30-2010, 10:27 PM
I'd trade Granger for Rubio and Jefferson, period.

I think I'd do this. Jefferson is a known commodity and no slouch. Rubio might be better than Granger. We do lack athletic 6'8"ish guys already though...so it would hurt us in other ways. ...but I think 6'8"ish athletic guys are easier to find and replace.

thefeistyone
01-31-2010, 06:31 AM
Naw. You don't trade away your franchise player unless you get one in return (LeBron, Kobe, 'Melo, Bosh, etc.). And no way in hell Bird puts all his faith into a young, inexperienced Rubio and/or Turner.
Its kind of sad that we hold our franchise player on that kind of level, cause he ain't even close. I like granger a lot, but the guy needs a lot of help. Best I can compare is that he's a scotty pippen, with no jordan....We need to get him some help before he can kind of be more effective

Pacersfan46
01-31-2010, 06:37 AM
Its kind of sad that we hold our franchise player on that kind of level, cause he ain't even close. I like granger a lot, but the guy needs a lot of help. Best I can compare is that he's a scotty pippen, with no jordan....We need to get him some help before he can kind of be more effective

You're even going way over on this one. Pippen without Jordan led the Bulls to 55 wins. Granger isn't near Pippen.

The other 4 starters on that team were Horace Grant, BJ Armstrong, and superstar Pete Myers. At center time was split between Luc Longley and Bill Cartwright. Not exactly a lineup you'd expect winning 55 games.

-- Steve --

thefeistyone
01-31-2010, 06:43 AM
You're even going way over on this one. Pippen without Jordan led the Bulls to 55 wins. Granger isn't near Pippen.

-- Steve --
It was a reach, but that's ok...I was just saying putting granger in the league of lebron, melo, and kobe is a joke...our franchise player is a step down, we have to work from that.

Pacersfan46
01-31-2010, 07:33 AM
It was a reach, but that's ok...I was just saying putting granger in the league of lebron, melo, and kobe is a joke...our franchise player is a step down, we have to work from that.

Haha. I knew what you meant, I was just saying even that's too high. Way too high in my opinion.

-- Steve --

NapTonius Monk
01-31-2010, 10:04 PM

The other 4 starters on that team were Horace Grant, BJ Armstrong, and superstar Pete Myers. At center time was split between Luc Longley and Bill Cartwright. Not exactly a lineup you'd expect winning 55 games.

-- Steve --

Man, I wish we had a Horace Grant!