PDA

View Full Version : Rookie/Soph Game During All-Star Weekend

Hibbert Laugh
01-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Does anybody know when the participants for the Rookie Challenge are selected? And does anybody think any of our rooks or sophs have an outside chance of making the roster? It would be nice to see the Pacers represented in some way in Dallas in a few weeks.

jhondog28
01-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Think this thread was already discussed and what we came up with was that Hans was in and Hibbert was out along with Rush, but now I think you could say that Hibbert may be in and my guess is that Hans and Rush are out.

Hicks
01-26-2010, 05:33 PM
I was originally thinking Roy and Tyler would be invited, but now I only think Roy might because Tyler fell off the map.

d_c
01-26-2010, 05:46 PM
I was originally thinking Roy and Tyler would be invited, but now I only think Roy might because Tyler fell off the map.

Hibbert has a real chance, but don't be disappointed if he doesn't make it. It's no guarantee. It'll be close.

MillerTime
01-26-2010, 06:04 PM
I dont think Roy will make it. For sure Brook Lopez will make make it, and possibly Love (if hes not injured).

I guess the only chance of Hibbert making it, is if he is backing up Lopez...

Good luck Roy

Anthem
01-26-2010, 07:39 PM
How many do they take? Not a full 12, seems like... between 8 and 10?

And I think it's fair to say that Tyler won't be there... the dude might not even be PLAYING by then.

Speed
01-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Roy going against both Marc Gasol and Brooke Lopez who are both playing better than him right now.

d_c
01-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Allegedly, the teams are reported to be:

Sophomores
Derrick Rose, Michael Beasley, Eric Gordon, Kevin Love, Brook Lopez, Danilo Gallinari, Russell Westbrook, Marc Gasol, O.J. Mayo

Rookies
Tyreke Evans, Omri Casspi, Taj Gibson, Jonas Jerebko, Stephen Curry, Brandon Jennings, Jonny Flynn, James Harden, DeJuan Blair

Ozwalt72
01-27-2010, 10:52 AM
If Taj Gibson and Dejaun Blair could shoot the three, Obrien would be begging to coach the rookies.

Is there not a rookie center worth anything this year?

pwee31
01-27-2010, 11:30 AM
Allegedly, the teams are reported to be:

Sophomores
Derrick Rose, Michael Beasley, Eric Gordon, Kevin Love, Brook Lopez, Danilo Gallinari, Russell Westbrook, Marc Gasol, O.J. Mayo

Rookies
Tyreke Evans, Omri Casspi, Taj Gibson, Jonas Jerebko, Stephen Curry, Brandon Jennings, Jonny Flynn, James Harden, DeJuan Blair

You sir are correct

http://realgm.net/src_wiretap_archives/64307/20100127/rose_and_evans_headline_rookie_challenge/

Derrick Rose and Tyreke Evans lead a list of 18 players selected for the 2010 T-Mobile Rookie Challenge & Youth Jam to be held on Friday, Feb. 12 in Dallas during NBA All-Star 2010.

The participants in the Rookie Challenge were selected by the NBA’s assistant coaches, with each team submitting one ballot.

Joining Rose on the Sophomore team are Miami Heat forward Michael Beasley, Los Angeles Clippers guard Eric Gordon, Minnesota Timberwolves forward/center Kevin Love, New Jersey Nets center Brook Lopez, New York Knicks forward Danilo Gallinari, Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook, and a pair of teammates from the Memphis Grizzlies – center Marc Gasol and guard O.J. Mayo.

Forward Omri Casspi, Evans’ teammate in Sacramento, joins him on the Rookie team, which also includes Chicago Bulls forward Taj Gibson, Detroit Pistons forward Jonas Jerebko, Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry, Milwaukee Bucks guard Brandon Jennings, Minnesota Timberwolves guard Jonny Flynn, Oklahoma City Thunder guard James Harden, and San Antonio forward/center DeJuan Blair.

rexnom
01-28-2010, 04:51 AM

That's 8 out of the top 10 picks of the 2008 draft. Wow.

Justin Tyme
01-28-2010, 10:48 AM

That's 8 out of the top 10 picks of the 2008 draft. Wow.

That even gives more credence why the Pacers need a good lottery pick!