PDA

View Full Version : On behalf of all the LURKERS...

Pacers4Life
01-26-2010, 03:09 PM
... I think I speak for all of us when I say thank you to everyone who contributes to this fine forum on a regular basis. Duke, peck, UB, trophy, BC just to name a few off the top of my head. I love this place and cannot figure out why I don't post more but i thank all of you who do. We wouldn't have this place without your contributions. And to all the lurkers out there (like me), lets try to be a benefit to society eh?

Playoff push baby lol, let's do it.

Sry, things are kinda slow at work right now....

90'sNBARocked
01-26-2010, 03:19 PM
... I think I speak for all of us when I say thank you to everyone who contributes to this fine forum on a regular basis. Duke, peck, UB, trophy, BC just to name a few off the top of my head. I love this place and cannot figure out why I don't post more but i thank all of you who do. We wouldn't have this place without your contributions. And to all the lurkers out there (like me), lets try to be a benefit to society eh?

Playoff push baby lol, let's do it.

Sry, things are kinda slow at work right now....

Nice words,

Very kind of you to express sediment in that way

jhondog28
01-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Nice words,

Very kind of you to express sediment in that way

Isn't sediment a dirt or soemthing?

90'sNBARocked
01-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Isn't sediment a dirt or soemthing?

lol

no spell check at work

i guess its setiment? hell I dont know

Pacersfan46
01-26-2010, 03:29 PM
lol

no spell check at work

Spell check wouldn't have caught that anyway, because it's an actual word .... just not the right word for what you're trying to say. They need to invent a "context checker" now. That would be sweet. :laugh:

-- Steve --

90'sNBARocked
01-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Spell check wouldn't have caught that anyway, because it's an actual word .... just not the right word for what you're trying to say. They need to invent a "context checker" now. That would be sweet. :laugh:

-- Steve --

Steve,

all BS aside I truly think your on to something there

dont know the functionality of how it would work technically but that is a constant complaint , espeically by big wig VP's

this could be your calling man :eek:

BornReady
01-26-2010, 03:41 PM
lol

no spell check at work

hahah its sentiment

Coopia
01-26-2010, 04:17 PM
I would like to second this sentiment. As a proud lurker I just can't seem to log in to post on a daily basis, but I appreciate those who do, because it gives me plenty of reading to keep up on.

Coop

jhondog28
01-26-2010, 04:44 PM
If I were a captain and choosing MVPs (most valuable posters) I would select T-Bird. He always has his game on! Duke love the photos! Hicks love the dictatorship you sometimes have to do involving streams and such! Seth...oh hell lets just face it...I love the banter!

Since86
01-26-2010, 04:59 PM
If I were a captain and choosing MVPs (most valuable posters) I would select T-Bird. He always has his game on! Duke love the photos! Hicks love the dictatorship you sometimes have to do involving streams and such! Seth...oh hell lets just face it...I love the banter!

Well good thing for you....we do have end of the year (basketball season year that is) awards everyone votes on.

I see you're a member since 2008, so stick around in the offseason. It slows down, but we're still active!

jhondog28
01-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Well good thing for you....we do have end of the year (basketball season year that is) awards everyone votes on.

I see you're a member since 2008, so stick around in the offseason. It slows down, but we're still active!

Oh I know about the awards. I was shafted on new poster of the year last year, but its all good. i love the guys and the fun I just wish I was closer to Indy to meet up with you guys!

Tom White
01-26-2010, 05:04 PM
hahah its sentiment

So, you mean all those times people have called me a "sedimental fool" they meant.........

Naptown_Seth
01-26-2010, 05:25 PM

I think it's picked up quite a bit over the years. You could tell how active it was this summer. I mean it was a good summer league, but I think a lot us knew not to expect much action after that point (deals that is) and yet it still felt really active.

Contrast that to the painfully long and boring wait for the Harrington deal to get worked out a few years ago.

I mean this season has just stunk and really we are nowhere close to being in a true draft buzz situation, but there's tons of activity.

DrFife
01-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the :laugh: !

If Larry doesn't pull off a trade in the coming weeks, the sediment is really gonna hit the fan.... :mob:

IndyHoosier
01-26-2010, 07:32 PM
I am one of the oldest lurkers on here and I totally agree with Pacers4Life. I love reading everyone's posts and am eternally grateful to all of the regular posters. I can't wait for the days when all the debate on here is whether we should rest our starters to get ready for the playoffs! Someday.......:)!!

jhondog28
01-26-2010, 07:34 PM
I am one of the oldest lurkers on here and I totally agree with Pacers4Life. I love reading everyone's posts and am eternally grateful to all of the regular posters. I can't wait for the days when all the debate on here is whether we should rest our starters to get ready for the playoffs! Someday.......:)!!

Prediction 2011 Season!

IndyHoosier
01-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Prediction 2011 Season!

I pray that you are right but I have my doubts!

jhondog28
01-26-2010, 07:40 PM
I pray that you are right but I have my doubts!

I strongly feel we just need one impact player and I think this is the draft we get it. Dont know why but I am what you may call an optomist.

BigRik
01-26-2010, 07:53 PM
I mostly lurk around here too. A lot of times I am in agreement with something already posted and don't feel the need to chime in just to say "what he said". Especially if it's an arguement that has already been beaten to death.. repeatedly. I will just say that I am thankful not everyone lurks like me, it'd be a pretty empty forum if they did. I found this site while trying to keep up on some trade rumor, and have stuck around, since this is the best site for helping me follow the team. Way better than the official site.

dlewyus
01-26-2010, 08:00 PM
I mostly lurk around here too. A lot of times I am in agreement with something already posted and don't feel the need to chime in just to say "what he said". Especially if it's an arguement that has already been beaten to death.. repeatedly. I will just say that I am thankful not everyone lurks like me, it'd be a pretty empty forum if they did. I found this site while trying to keep up on some trade rumor, and have stuck around, since this is the best site for helping me follow the team. Way better than the official site.

What he said. I think I would qualify as a lurker too.

geetee
01-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Thanks to everyone who consistently posts here. Throughout the years you have continued to fuel my long time once-a-day lurking habit.

Not another site like this in any league. Great job!

PacerPride33
01-26-2010, 08:53 PM
PacerPride4Life!!!!!!!

LG33
01-26-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm the opposite of a lurker in that I don't read anything but always post something.

Lurker
01-26-2010, 09:28 PM
Heh. I can't help but feel a little called out here. *grin*

I am aware of and comfortable with my tendencies to enjoy boards like this in a mostly read-only fashion, but I would be remiss not to acknowledge the efforts of everyone who contributes greatly to my daily enjoyment. Thank you for your comments, observations, rants, diatribes and non-sequiters. My day would be a little darker without them.

tapsh
01-27-2010, 06:53 AM
Agree with OP. Read this mb every day but don't post - Thanks to all that contribute on this board! :)

Sparhawk
01-27-2010, 11:02 AM
I'd like to post more, but I'm working around 60 hours a week, and I mostly just have time to come and read some Pacer news and read what some fans have to say.

I try not to post to boost my post numbers or get thank you's and I'm sure there are people who do that. I try to post when I have something to say....errrm, write.

Maybe when things at work aren't so hectic, I'll be able to post a bit more. I'm usually on here or on Indy Cornrows.

Anyone else notice that the rumors seemed to have quieted down a bit...perhaps the calm before the storm kinda thing. Hopefully some moves will be made.

Tyrion
01-27-2010, 11:11 AM
I agree with the all the sentiments expressed here. I've been lurking since the first week of PD, and this has consistently been the best place for good pacers discussion, and basketball talk in general that I've seen. I would post more often, but I generally feel that I would only be echoing the views of others.

Sparhawk
01-27-2010, 01:36 PM
I agree with the all the sentiments expressed here. I've been lurking since the first week of PD, and this has consistently been the best place for good pacers discussion, and basketball talk in general that I've seen. I would post more often, but I generally feel that I would only be echoing the views of others.

Is your name from a character in the Song of Ice and Fire series?

ndcoltsnpacers
01-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Hell yes, never posting and just letting everyone else do all the hard work is what I'm all about. Good job digesters.

Tyrion
01-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Is your name from a character in the Song of Ice and Fire series?

Yes. It will never be finished....great books though.

HOOPFANATIC
01-27-2010, 02:18 PM
Yeah usually with me, by the time I get to a post someone has already expressed what I want to say (like in this one) I'm on her sometimes several times a day and I've been lurking on here for years, but am barely pushing 70 posts.

I will continue to push the thanks button all of the posters on here who keep it going.

And agree with my way of thinking (he he)

Naptown_Seth
01-27-2010, 05:24 PM
Yeah usually with me, by the time I get to a post someone has already expressed what I want to say
Don't let that stop you. I sure don't. :D

jhondog28
01-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Don't let that stop you. I sure don't. :D

I vouche for that! Normally I like to post stuff to **** Seth off, but hey thats just me.:-p

RamBo_Lamar
01-28-2010, 03:58 AM
Unless it is a topic I find aggitating or amusing, usually won't chip in with more than
a sarcastic comment here or there just to try to be "funny". If I were to try and dive
into a in-depth discussion about the ins and outs of the basketball game and its
stratagies, would only end up making myself out to be a bigger dummy than
I already do.

There are several very very knowledgable posters on here whose take on everything
from the game itself, to the business side of it, is very impressive and educational to
the casual observer such as me who has no business or footing to try engaging them
in debate.

We are all very fortunate to have an online place such as this with such knowledgable
posters to help keep us informed.

BigRik
01-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Yes. It will never be finished....great books though.

I love that series. Now I have to go re-read it.

Sparhawk
01-28-2010, 09:35 PM
I love that series. Now I have to go re-read it.

I'm a huge Wheel of Time fan, so I decided to try this series. The first book, A Game of Thrones, started off so painfully slow that I almost didn't continue reading. Glad I did though, cause it's really picking the pace up.

focused444
11-30-2011, 10:47 PM
I rarely post normally, but with the lockout I went into hardcore lurk mode. I wanted to say thanks to all the posters who keep PD a very informative site, enabling me to stay lurking. 90sNBA, vnzl81, p4e, you guys are all over it providing links from articles and tweets. You are truly a lurkers dream. There's also a bunch of other posters who consistently share insight making is possible to lurk and enjoy.

I think we are in for a fun season!

Thanks to all, Cory...

Smits Happens
11-30-2011, 11:03 PM
I agree with the OP. I've been mostly lurking for years but rarely post. That's largely because I moved to the south 6+ years ago and rarely get to see the Pacers play, in recent years especially. This forum is invaluable for me to gain insight into the team that I can't get reading an ESPN game recap. I feel fortunate that there are so many knowledgeable posters that can give me the kind of in-depth info I crave.

presto123
11-30-2011, 11:11 PM
I'm not a lurker but not a post whore either. I really do appreciate all the info from those few posters that have an unhealthy obsession with basketball.:laugh: Knowing what every player on the LA Clippers eats for breakfast and such.:dance: But seriously this is a great board where I can always come and get the latest news fast. Kudos to the mods and PD regulars.

DGPR
12-01-2011, 12:07 AM
I rather enjoy lurking from time to time........

Hicks
12-01-2011, 12:34 AM
Sometimes I wish I were only a lurker. This place can drive me a bit, well.... :crazy2:

pizza guy
12-01-2011, 02:28 AM
I'll have to agree with the OP here. The Digest remains the BEST source of info, rumors, and opinions out there. I've been around the forum for awhile now, but I don't post much in the off-season and all the lockout talk was giving me a headache.

So, thank you to those of you who keep this place going for those of us who love to read it all.

Gremz
12-01-2011, 04:25 AM

crunk-juice
12-01-2011, 06:06 AM
did someone say lurker? :)

Tom White
12-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Sometimes I wish I were only a lurker. This place can drive me a bit, well.... :crazy2:

So THAT's what caused it? We were all wondering.

vnzla81
12-01-2011, 12:58 PM
So THAT's what caused it? We were all wondering.

:wave:

BillS
12-01-2011, 01:09 PM

pshaw. That's not a drive, it's a short walk.

Mr.ThunderMakeR
12-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Nice thread bump!

<< Proudly lurking on a daily basis for over 7 years :spy:

You guys really do post some good stuff. I say that as an avid lurker of many different internet forums.