PDA

View Full Version : Just found this article..

jhondog28
01-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Just found this article and it might not be anything much but was wondering what you guys thought. Jordan Hill only has a 2 year contract so his will expire the same year as the Dun Murph contracts expire plus we get a defensive minded PG that might fit JOBs system pretty well.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/duhon_too_funk_ZXOiGtHO4cPjscxNtZriqN

by: Brian Lewis
NY Post

The trade works for the Pacers

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yg8f2bc

d_c
01-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Just found this article and it might not be anything much but was wondering what you guys thought. Jordan Hill only has a 2 year contract so his will expire the same year as the Dun Murph contracts expire plus we get a defensive minded PG that might fit JOBs system pretty well.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/duhon_too_funk_ZXOiGtHO4cPjscxNtZriqN

by: Brian Lewis
NY Post

The trade works for the Pacers

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yg8f2bc

The Knicks don't want TJ Ford. His contract absolutely annihilates and obliterates their Summer of 2010 FA plan. TJ Ford represents everything they don't want.

count55
01-25-2010, 10:28 AM
New York's not going to take on TJ's salary for next year. They're still in the LeBron sweepstakes, delusional or not.

More to the point, TJ has nothing to offer D'Antoni's system. He's not a creator, he's not a tough defender, and he's a horrible jump shooter. The Knicks are one of only three teams in the league (along with Washington and Orlando) who take a higher percentage of their shots from outside 15 feet than the Pacers do.

jhondog28
01-25-2010, 11:47 AM
The knicks should not be focused on 2010. They should be focused on 2011. If anyone thinks that NY has a shot at anyone in 2010 they are crazy. They have contracts that are imovable and if they have a PG that does not help their system and Hill does not fit into their plans then move them. Shoot maybe Ford will at least provide some sort of punch. Just my opinion.

d_c
01-25-2010, 12:09 PM
The knicks should not be focused on 2010. They should be focused on 2011. If anyone thinks that NY has a shot at anyone in 2010 they are crazy. They have contracts that are imovable and if they have a PG that does not help their system and Hill does not fit into their plans then move them. Shoot maybe Ford will at least provide some sort of punch. Just my opinion.

Free agents or no free agents, why the heck should the Knicks as business take on the burden of paying TJ Ford $8.5M next season? Right now, TJ Ford is on the bench behind a guy who was waived by a 23 win team and a rookie 2nd round pick. Yet he's supposed to provide someone else with some punch? Why pay $8.5M for someone like that when there are plenty of cheaper alternatives out there for a 3rd string PG?

As it is, NY is only on the hook for $27M, with Curry and Jeffries being their only bad contracts. There's the issue of David Lee and Nate Robinson's impending cap holds, but they decide to clear those two guys out, they easily have room for about a MAX contract and a half.

They are serious free agent players. They have cap space. There are big time players who will be free agents. They play in a huge media market.

Is anything guaranteed for them? Obviously not. But it's way better to take a shot at that than to relegate yourself to TJ Ford. That's not even a question.

jhondog28
01-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Free agents or no free agents, why the heck should the Knicks as business take on the burden of paying TJ Ford $8.5M next season? Right now, TJ Ford is on the bench behind a guy who was waived by a 23 win team and a rookie 2nd round pick. Yet he's supposed to provide someone else with some punch? Why pay $8.5M for someone like that when there are plenty of cheaper alternatives out there for a 3rd string PG?

As it is, NY is only on the hook for $27M, with Curry and Jeffries being their only bad contracts. There's the issue of David Lee and Nate Robinson's impending cap holds, but they decide to clear those two guys out, they easily have room for about a MAX contract and a half.

They are serious free agent players. They have cap space. There are big time players who will be free agents. They play in a huge media market.

Is anything guaranteed for them? Obviously not. But it's way better to take a shot at that than to relegate yourself to TJ Ford. That's not even a question.

Well lets be honest. I am kinda bias looking at this through Pacers glasses. I think Duhon would be a good fit here and I think Ford would eb a godo fit there. This to me is two point guards who are not good fits with their teams right now. You are saying that TJ is not a good point guard and I actually think he would generate better numbers in NY. How on earth are they going to clear Lee and Robinsons contracts out? Maybe I have my fantasy hats on but i like the trade.

MillerTime
01-25-2010, 12:54 PM

Why should they be focused on 2011? You do know who the (possible) free agents are this summer right? - http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-09-10

Actually they probably have the most MOVABLE contract in the league. Majority of the teams would be interested in Larry Hughes, Harrington, Mobley, Darko, Lee, Duhon, Nate....basically their whole roster except Curry and Jefferies. And it is not the player that teams would be after, it is their contract. My point being, is that Knicks have probably the best movable contracts as of Feb's trade deadline - http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/knicks.jsp

d_c
01-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Well lets be honest. I am kinda bias looking at this through Pacers glasses. I think Duhon would be a good fit here and I think Ford would eb a godo fit there. This to me is two point guards who are not good fits with their teams right now. You are saying that TJ is not a good point guard and I actually think he would generate better numbers in NY. How on earth are they going to clear Lee and Robinsons contracts out? Maybe I have my fantasy hats on but i like the trade.

As was already stated by count, Ford wouldn't be any better a fit in NY than he is in Indy. The offense run in NY requires more shooting from outside 15 feet, which happens to be Ford's greatest weakness.

Lee and Robinson are both in the 4th year of their 4 year rookie deals. Unlike Danny Granger, they were never given extensions. They expire this summer and become free agents. They have "cap holds" (every free agent does for the last team they played for), but those are eliminated either by re-signing them (with their new salary counting against the cap) or waiving their rights.

Tom White
01-25-2010, 01:29 PM
The knicks should not be focused on 2010. They should be focused on 2011. If anyone thinks that NY has a shot at anyone in 2010 they are crazy.

I double-dog-dare you to send Donnie Walsh an email saying that.

:D